Who on this list is a terrorist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:46:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who on this list is a terrorist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Mass Shooters
Joseph Wesbecker

Gian Luigi Ferri

Robert Hawkins

Robert Stewart

Omar Thornton

Scott Evans Dekraai

James Pough

Johnathan Doody and Alessandro Garcia

Jeff Weise

Dylann Roof

Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer

Michael McLendon

Mark Barton

James E. Holmes

Aaron Alexis

Howard Unruh

George Banks

Kwan Fai Mak, Benjamin Ng, and Wai-Chiu "Tony" Ng

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold

Jiverly Wong

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan

Patrick Henry Sherrill

Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik

Charles Joseph Whitman

James Huberty

George Hennard

Adam Lanza

Seung-Hui Cho

Omar Saddiqui Mateen

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 2

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Who on this list is a terrorist?  (Read 326 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2016, 02:18:31 AM »

All of these guys are mass shooters, but which of them are terrorists? If multiple people did an act, they are included as one opiton.
List from here:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/16/us/20-deadliest-mass-shootings-in-u-s-history-fast-facts/
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 07:31:48 AM »

I don't want to go through that list of horrible people.....the ones that claimed they did it for a reason (or otherwise obviously did it for a political reason) are terrorists.  The crazy people that did it for the thrill, because they were rejected by a girl, high on goofballs or just nuts aren't terrorists. 

If you blew up the post office to fight the man (or the illiminati) you're a terrorist.  If you blew up the post office because you like to see things blow up (or they gave you back a stack of creepy love letters you mailed to the librarian) you are not a terrorist.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 09:54:58 AM »

Wolf, Hassan, the Farooks, and Mateeb certainly make the cut.

There is a fine line between mass killings and terrorism; Dylan Wolf and Omar Mateeb had political agendas and even though they only killed certain individuals, their anger was directed at a broader set of the population.

Then you have people like the Columbine shooters, who while certainly just as evil as Dylan Wolf or Mateeb, had a beef only with their fellow students and probably were not a threat to anyone outside of that environment. We had a guy down here in South Florida who shot his whole family on Thanksgiving and went on the lamb. He didn't kill anyone afterwards. His victims were all people known to him and he had individual grievances, whether real or imagined, directed at them. He was not a terrorist. He was a murderer, a dangerously ill sociopath, and pure evil, but he doesn't make the terrorism cut.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »

My Opinions:
Joseph Wesbecker-Standard Gravure Not a terrorist, just suicidal and evil.
Gian Luigi Ferri-101 California Street. His reasons are unknown, so I'l abstain, but I'm inclined to say no, as small-time law firms usually don't have to do with politics.
Robert Hawkins- Westroads Mall. See Joseph Wesbecker
Robert Stewart- Carthage nursing home. Is killing in the name of Nihilism a terrorist act?
Christopher Speight -Appomattox County. Mentally unwell, not a terrorist.
Omar Thornton- Hartford Distributors. He's a Black Dylann Roof, who was a terrorist.
Scott Evans Dekraai -Seal Beach. Not a terrorist, but a bitter person.
James Pough - Another Nihilist, so once again, maybe.
Johnathan Doody and Alessandro Garcia- Arizona Buddhist Temple. Probably not terrorists.
Jeff Weise- Red Lake Shooter. Another Nihilist driven insane by bullying. Maybe.
Dylann Roof- You all know who he is, and he is a terrorist.
Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer - Umpqua Community College. Maybe. He shot because of religion, but not his own. Can plead mentally ill. Given that he was on terror watch list, I'll say yes.
Michael McLendon -Geneva County. Another Nihilist. Maybe.
Mark Barton- Seems close to a Nihilist, but since his motives are unknown I'll abstain.
James E. Holmes - Batman shooter. Not a terrorist, just evil.
Aaron Alexis- Washington Navy Yard. Mentally ill. Yes.
Howard Unruh- New jersey 1940's Shooter. Not a terrorist, just evil.
George Banks- I'd make a Marry Poppins joke, but that's Ernest's territory.  Anyway, he's not a terrorist, just evil.
Wah Mee Shooters-Gang war shooting. If gangs are concidered terrorts, then yes. If not, no.
Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold- Columbine guys. The Nihilism question again.

I'll do the others some other time.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »

Too lazy to fill out the poll, but all of these were acts of terror, yes.

But, as ChairmanSanchez pointed out...There's a distinction between terrorism and mass killings. Also, before I continue, as Chairman points out, all of these people are/were scum and trash for the heinous actions they committed.

Roof, Harper-Mercer, the Farooks, Hasan, Mateeb, Christopher Dorner (who isn't listed in the poll for some reason?), Wade Michael Page (Sikh temple shooting; also not listed?), Frazier Glenn Miller (JCC Kansas shooting; also not listed), and all other racially, politically, culturally (etc..etc..) attacks are all terrorism.

Columbine, Newtown, and other school shootings perpetrated by monsters, I think, could classify as both as terrorism and mass shootings.

Gangs, Mafia, Cartels etc... should be their own category, for the most party.

Random shootings in which the person was just insane and/or bitter at the world should be classified as mass shootings.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies