A Dream of Times Gone By
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:14:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Dream of Times Gone By
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Dream of Times Gone By  (Read 1134 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2016, 07:52:41 AM »

A Dream of Times Gone By
A TL by DKrol

"I'm Governor Bill Weld and I'm here to announce my candidacy for President of the United States."

This is just a fun, easy going TL to fill the gap between updates of "An American Monarchy", which can be rather dense and tedious.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:51:05 AM »

1996 GOP Primary Poll, Pre-Alaska
Senator Bob Dole - 31%
Governor Bill Weld - 24%
Mr. Pat Buchanan - 19%
Senator Dick Lugar - 10%
Senator Arlen Specter - 8%
Former Governor Lamar Alexander - 5%
Colonel Oliver North - 3%

General Election Polls
President Bill Clinton - 55%
Senator Bob Dole - 45%

President Bill Clinton - 53%
Governor Bill Weld - 47%

President Bill Clinton - 57%
Mr. Pat Buchanan - 43%

President Bill Clinton - 52%
Senator Dick Lugar - 48%

President Bill Clinton - 55%
Senator Arlen Specter - 45%

President Bill Clinton - 56%
Former Governor Lamar Alexander - 44%

President Bill Clinton - 61%
Colonel Oliver North - 39%

"In the latest batch of polls from the CNN pollsters, it looks like President Clinton may have an easy time going into November. He leads all of the Republican candidates, although it is within the margin of error when he is put up against Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld and Indiana Senator Dick Lugar. President Clinton does his best against former Marine Colonel Oliver North, who was convicted for his role in the Iran-Contra scandal of the Reagan Administration."
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »

Weld/Pressler 1996!

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 06:27:51 PM »

1996 GOP Primaries

Governor Bill Weld of Massachusetts
Senator Bob Dole of Kansas
Mr. Pat Buchanan

"After facing a rough start, Governor Bill Weld of Massachusetts has clinched the Republican nomination. He's now begun the process of vetting a vice presidential candidate, and he'll need a good one to win in November. Hang on, we've got breaking news coming in now. Let me read it here. Oh wow. It looks like the election just got more interesting. We've got Donald Trump on the line. Mr. Trump, you have something to say?"

"Hi, Larry. Great show tonight, great show. Look, politicians don't know how to do things. They're just not smart people. We saw that four years ago, with Perot, who's a great person but he lost. He lost. He choked and he lost. That's why I'm here. I sat down last night and I saw that Weld, who was begging me for money a few months ago, it was sad, really, I saw that Weld was going to win. And with Clinton, who's not a very nice person at all, he's done pretty bad. With Clinton and with Weld I said we can't let this happen. We can't. Neither of them are smart people, they don't know business, they don't know budgets. So I said hey, why don't I run? It'll be fun and I'll win. We'll win. I'll win, for sure. We're going to get a great team together and we're going to win."

VP Shortlist for Bill Weld
Congressman Jack Kemp of New York
Governor George W. Bush of Texas
Former Defense Secretary Dick Cheney of Wyoming
Governor Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey
Governor Gary Johnson of New Mexico

VP Shortlist for Donald Trump
Businessman Steven Forbes of New York
Businessman Bill Gates of Washington
Businessman Bud Adams of Texas
Businessman Ross Perot of Texas
Retired Colonel Oliver North of Virgina

General Election Polls
President Bill Clinton - 51%
Governor Bill Weld - 49%

Governor Bill Weld - 45%
President Bill Clinton - 43%%
Businessman Donald Trump - 12%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 10:21:23 AM »

Always enjoy your timelines - looking forward to seeing what is next! Smiley
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 01:58:04 PM »

Always enjoy your timelines - looking forward to seeing what is next! Smiley

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 09:41:19 PM »

"In political news tonight, Governor William Weld has selected his running mate. At a rally in Richmond, Virginia, Governor Weld told the crowd of 3,000 that he wanted to see Virginia Governor George Allen join him in the White House. Governor Allen was seen as an outsider in the Veepstakes, but his positions on parole and truth-in-sentencing bring a strong voice for law and order to the Republican ticket at a time when many parts of the country are facing rising crime."

General Election Poll
Governor Bill Weld/Governor George Allen - 47%
President Bill Clinton/Vice President Al Gore - 44%
Businessman Donald Trump/??? - 9%

"The tickets are now set for November and this has shaped up to be on the most interesting elections on record. Real Estate tycoon Donald Trump held a press conference in Trump Tower, his home and the center of his empire, where he announced that Lieutenant General Eric Shinseki would be his choice for Vice President. Shineski most recently held command over Fort Hood, in Texas, and is currently the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans of the United States Army. Shinseki brings military and foreign policy experience to the ticket that was previously dominated by economic policy."

General Election Poll
Governor Bill Weld/Governor George Allen - 43%
President Bill Clinton/Vice President Al Gore - 43%
Businessman Donald Trump/Lieutenant General Eric Shinseki - 14%
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 01:47:51 PM »

1996 Presidential Debate

"We've made great progress over the last four years. We've made up ground on healthcare. We've made up ground on the economy. We've made up ground as a society. But there's still a lot to be done. And neither of these men will keep us moving forward. Both of them, Governor Weld and Mr. Trump, want to move us backwards."

"President Clinton has made American less safe. His crime bill took weapons out of the hands of lawful gun owners and left criminals as the only armed people. That's why so many places in this country, like Los Angeles and New York, are facing record levels of crime. Governor Allen and I have a serious plan to make America more safe, to make judicial sentencing a real deterrent to crime, and to make it safe for kids to play in the yard again."

"No one on this stage is as smart as I am. No one. President Clinton, he's weak. People don't respect us any more. I do business with the British and the Italians and the Russians and the Chinese and believe me. They. Do. Not. Respect. Us. When Donald J. Trump is president, that'll change, I guarantee it."

General Election Poll
President Bill Clinton/Vice President Al Gore - 40%
Governor Bill Weld/Governor George Allen - 39%
Businessman Donald Trump/Lieutenant General Erik Shinseki - 21%
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 01:26:35 PM »

ELECTION DAY 1996

President Bill Clinton/Vice President Al Gore (D) - 248
Governor Bill Weld/Governor George Allen (R) - 244
Businessman Donald Trump/Lieutenant General Erik Shinseki (I/Ref.) - 46

"With the recount in Florida now finalized, ABC can definitively report that no candidate has achieved the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency. Donald Trump, in winning 46 electoral votes, has done something unseen in modern American politics and not seen at all since 1824. This election will be going to the House of Representatives.

"The ABC News political team has compiled a map show how we expect the House to vote. Remember, representatives must vote as a bloc with the rest of their state during this process. The deeper the color on the map, more certain we are that that will be the way the representatives vote. Several states originally thought to be a hold, for either Governor Weld or President Clinton, have been moved to toss ups after one or more representatives announced their intentions to follow the decision of the voters in their state, even if it means voting against their party. "

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies