Will Marco Rubio re-enter the Florida Senate Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:39:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Marco Rubio re-enter the Florida Senate Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Will Marco Rubio re-enter the Florida Senate Election  (Read 878 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2016, 09:41:19 PM »

3 day poll, discuss
I wil say no, but it would not surprise me if he re enters.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:45:42 PM »

I'm torn. This feels like Biden all over again. Please Marco, we need you!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »

Still leaning no.
JMT

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »

I don't think he actually will
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 10:40:16 PM »

Part of me believes that the GOP establishment has drummed up almost all of the RUBIO IS PREPPING TO RUN talk in a last-ditch effort to sway Rubio to enter. It feels weird that Rubio isn't the one saying he's reconsidering, it's all trial balloons and "people close to Rubio say" and stuff like that. I also think David Jolly is looking for a way out of the Senate race, and is more than willing to go along with their plans to get Rubio in. And stuff like "DeSantis could run for AG in 2018 and have the field cleared for him" doesn't seem like an actual DeSantis plan, but rather something to entice DeSantis to leave the race. If Rubio wants in, why wait until the 11th hour? Why not announce it TODAY?

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if we are all wrong and Rubio enters the race within the next week.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 12:23:47 AM »

Part of me believes that the GOP establishment has drummed up almost all of the RUBIO IS PREPPING TO RUN talk in a last-ditch effort to sway Rubio to enter. It feels weird that Rubio isn't the one saying he's reconsidering, it's all trial balloons and "people close to Rubio say" and stuff like that. I also think David Jolly is looking for a way out of the Senate race, and is more than willing to go along with their plans to get Rubio in. And stuff like "DeSantis could run for AG in 2018 and have the field cleared for him" doesn't seem like an actual DeSantis plan, but rather something to entice DeSantis to leave the race. If Rubio wants in, why wait until the 11th hour? Why not announce it TODAY?

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if we are all wrong and Rubio enters the race within the next week.

Looking back, it really reminds me of Joe Biden for President 2016 and Brian Schweitzer for MT-SEN 2014. Everyone saying "He's gonna do it, we want him to do it" and the candidate says no and ruins everyone's plans.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 01:24:00 AM »

There is way too much in motion at this point for him not to. Getting CLC to say he'll drop out if Rubio runs was a big coup.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 05:05:57 AM »

Last week I'd say no but the Pulse shooting has given him a BS excuse
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 07:22:20 AM »

There is way too much in motion at this point for him not to. Getting CLC to say he'll drop out if Rubio runs was a big coup.

Why? CLC is in the mid single digits in the polls and would lose most if not all of that to Rubio if he joined the race. CLC is a nonentity.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 07:24:12 AM »

I'm leaning toward No,  but who knows honestly.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »

Why? CLC is in the mid single digits in the polls and would lose most if not all of that to Rubio if he joined the race. CLC is a nonentity.

But they're friends and that was a condition Rubio set for getting back in the race.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »

I'm calling that a toss-up to be honest, though I personally really hope he sits it out. Dem attack ads would practically write themselves, between all the footage of Rubio during the presidential campaign and the fact that the seat would be a consolation prize and he would likely be focused on 2020, and not Florida, from day 1.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 10:06:01 PM »

Before it was all just media hype; now it appears to be real. To bad I don't have anymore Sanchez leaks, I bet I'd know the answer for sure if I still did all of my work at the conference table outside of my bosses office Tongue.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 01:34:03 AM »

By no means is it certain, but I'll throw my lot in with yes.

Gotta keep that career alive... gotta stay in the spotlight. He didn't shiv Jeb in the back this autumn to have his career end 6 months later.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies