US-World relations in the long run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:06:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  US-World relations in the long run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US-World relations in the long run  (Read 11326 times)
jravnsbo

« on: December 23, 2003, 11:44:03 PM »

What has europe done for us lately?  

We bail them out of Kosovo, awar they should have handled in their back yard, but no we have to do it.  We saved Europe twice in the world wars, we rebuilt Germany after the war, we did the berlin airlift, We pushed the russians over the brink in the 80's.

I agree with the poster, we spent our resources to protect them and then when we ask for a little help they say, OH NO not us.  We are too worried about our little environmental treaties ( sucha s keyoto -which many did not sign either in the end) and social programs to care about helping the US.

Arrogance is a 2 way street sometimes.

I think the President was right to not give them contracts with US TAXDOLLARS if they wouldn't help us.  We were tough and now they are coming around to get in on the action and forgiving Iraqi debt.

Its not all the US's way but not all Europe's either.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 10:16:09 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2005, 05:25:54 PM by Peter Bell »

The last few postings I've read that are yours are really good. Say, are you a Moderate or Centrist? Also, could you explain if there's any difference between the two?

Thanks.  Up on the issues and plan on running fo r office someday.

Moderate is more moveable tries to get along.

Centrists are always int eh center of the issues I'd say, less flexible.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 10:17:28 AM »

My point was EUROPE takes real well from us, but rarely gives.  Then when we don't give them what they want, they cry int he press and say we are arrogant.

What has europe done for us lately?  
Do they need to do something? Can they do something? If you're friends with someone, you shouldnt ALWAYS except something in return. I mean, if your attitude to europe is  you, then why not let it apply in that matter. Why not just say... it..who cares that they haven't done anything...we should still work with the best of our abilites for diplomacy, and we must work together.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yeah it is, and it takes a better person to be the first to stop the arrogance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies