2004 Match-up, Part 4 - Bush vs. Dean
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:49:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 Match-up, Part 4 - Bush vs. Dean
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Match-up, Part 4 - Bush vs. Dean  (Read 2949 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2003, 04:10:38 PM »

Part 4.

Just a note, I left Nader out of this one, as he's indicated he probably wouldn't run if Dean got the Democratic nomination.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 04:18:26 PM »

What states would Dean win?

I suppose he'd get his home state of Vermont and he'd get Massachusetts.  Beyond that I think he'd really have to work hard to get anything.  I think even New York would be a real battleground state.

It'll be really interesting to see who shows up for the Democratic convention in Boston.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lieberman and all the DLC crowd snubbed Dean and didn't attend.  In any case, Dean is going to be a complete disaster.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 04:18:55 PM »

I'm a Democratic and a Kerry supporter. However if Dean got the nomination of my party, I would vote Republican for President Bush. And if Dean wins, I'm going to Canada, lol j/k.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 04:27:43 PM »

I too am a John Kerry supporter (actually I'd like a Kerry-Edwards ticket).  That said, if Dean gets the nom I'll vote for him.

I think there are some states which any of the Dem nominees will win (HI, MA, and RI come to mind).
WONK
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 04:55:31 PM »

John Kerry has a big head.
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »

Bush all the way.  On Democrat side I'd rather vote for Sharpton than Dean.  Dean is going to hurt the dem party if he gets it.  There will be a huge fight between him and the Clinton's for control of the party.

Nader did say he might run as an independant, just clarifying.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 07:31:44 PM »

I'd vote for Bush.  If Dean gets the nommination I don't think he has much of a chance to beat Bush.  He's to far to the left to win. If the democrats pick someone not as liberal they may have a chance.
Demrepdan

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 08:49:15 PM »

Ehh...something inside me forced me to vote for Dean. So, I either hate myself for voting for Dean, or hate myself for voting for Bush. It's like a damned if you do damned if you don't deal. So I picked Dean, no reason not to.
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2003, 11:25:15 PM »

demrep, its a slow process.  But dean will hurt the dems for years.  Imagine if he wins, the left would drive the party so left it would be impossible to work with GOP congress and 2006 would be very tough for them also.  Plus party would be stuck with him in 2008 and so 8 years until the dems could nominate a more moderate candidate if any are left in Dem party after a HARD LEFT TURN.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2003, 11:30:08 PM »

What states would Dean win?

I suppose he'd get his home state of Vermont and he'd get Massachusetts.  Beyond that I think he'd really have to work hard to get anything.  I think even New York would be a real battleground state.

It'll be really interesting to see who shows up for the Democratic convention in Boston.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lieberman and all the DLC crowd snubbed Dean and didn't attend.  In any case, Dean is going to be a complete disaster.
I couldn't agree more that Dean is going to be a complete disaster!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies