Woman Goes on Rampage on Fox News Radio Show
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:23:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Woman Goes on Rampage on Fox News Radio Show
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Woman Goes on Rampage on Fox News Radio Show  (Read 2066 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2005, 07:52:04 AM »

I found this amusing.  On the Alan Colmes Radio Show, which is sponsored by Fox News, a woman called in to give her opinion on Muslims, which followed with her opinion on blacks, and then liberals in general.  A clip is posted on the website, but will be down soon, so you can listen to the clip in Mp3 format here:

http://lift.timebrick.com/AlanColmesRadioShow.mp3
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 08:34:45 AM »

Hilarious!  So indicative of the level of thought and tolerance in a typical Republican's mind.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 08:49:34 AM »

Hilarious!  So indicative of the level of thought and tolerance in a typical Republican's mind.

Roll Eyes
Palefire
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2005, 09:49:20 AM by Palefire »

Just a bit of a generalization there, you think? It is hilarous, but the only thing it is indicative of is a very narrow group of folks that have gone off the deep end.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 09:48:06 AM »

Hilarious!  So indicative of the level of thought and tolerance in a typical idiot's mind.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 09:53:21 AM »

Your right, the generalization is over-broad (overboard too maybe?).  I should have said that she is indicative of the level of thought and tolerance found among typical Republicans on this board, who post more often than they ruminate.

Still out making friends and influencing people Mr fb carnegie?  Wink  heh
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 09:54:24 AM »

Hilarious!  So indicative of the level of thought and tolerance in a typical idiot's mind.

Treedick!  How's it hanging old buddy?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 10:04:56 AM »

Wow.  That's all I can say.  Wow.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 10:22:04 AM »

Hahaha, some people Smiley
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:23:04 AM »

I think you just answered your own question.*

Pretty good.  I see you are back off your meds.

For those who do not remember Freedomburnout, he was a far, far left bombthrower who suddenly developed, or at least showed, a great sense of humor in the last week before the election.  Sort of an amalgamation of Collective Interest and Gabu.  He'll buy nearly any anti-Bush/Republican/right wing conspiracy, post things in defense of them without thinking it through enough, then laugh at the jabs he takes, if they are good natured and, ya know, actually funny.

So how have you been the past few months?

*If you don't get the joke, think about it for a while.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 11:16:19 AM »

Why doesn't Colmes shut up and let the woman say what she has to say, no matter how ridiculous? These pundits on TV & Radio only like to hear the sound of their own voices. He keeps interupting her.

By the way, Colmes has a radio show? Thats news to me.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 11:27:55 AM »

Haha, Alan Colmes's reponses were pretty funny as well Smiley

But she was just hilarious Grin
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 12:16:17 PM »

I think you just answered your own question.*

Pretty good.  I see you are back off your meds.

For those who do not remember Freedomburnout, he was a far, far left bombthrower who suddenly developed, or at least showed, a great sense of humor in the last week before the election.  Sort of an amalgamation of Collective Interest and Gabu.  He'll buy nearly any anti-Bush/Republican/right wing conspiracy, post things in defense of them without thinking it through enough, then laugh at the jabs he takes, if they are good natured and, ya know, actually funny.

So how have you been the past few months?

*If you don't get the joke, think about it for a while.

Yeah, that pretty much describes my Atlasian posting personality to a tee, Tredrick.  Still hanging large I see.  I have been licking my political wounds and having my fun.  I got a cool, fun job as a beta-tester for Firaxis Games, working on Civ 4.  And I am still working for the same law firm and loving it.  And yes, I am off my meds.  I stopped about a month ago and that may actually have something to do with my reappearance.

To flesh it out a bit for the newbs, I love to joust.  And I love to find people who also hold strong opinions and have the wherewithal to back them up with well thought out arguments.  I stand firmly with my radicalism the same way many on this forum seem stuck on being reactionary.  A man must have a code and some convictions.  The only thing that belongs in the middle of the road is roadkill.

I tended to swing back and forth between making fun and posting humorous stuff and perching up on my soapbox to spout holier-than-thou, stridently liberal creeds seasoned by militant pacifismm and an oxymoronic belief in organized anarchy.  I don't have very much affection for the Democrats.  I am a lifelong diehard Green.  But the Republicans are much more fun to skewer.  It feels natural and there are lots of them lurking about here.

I don't mind a bit of childish name calling as long as those who engage in it can sprnkle it with ding-dongs, ho-hos and twinkies.  It gets old fast if it is too vitriolic.  I like to joust with the Republicans more because they provide the best brick walls to bounce off of.  It helps that I firmly believe in the ideas that I post, but he Repubniks are the most fun to argue with.  It is simply NOT as much fun to "all get along" and agree on everything.  YAWN.  ZZZZzzzzzz.  So joust we must.  The truth will be told and the Repubnik house of cards will come crashing down like a Led Balloon...in due time.  It is all in good semi-anonymous fun, the kind that gives one courage and allows one to say semi-outrageous things.

I take it all with a grain or two of salt.  I hope everyone else does, too, 'cuz it makes the gumbo spicier.  Anyone seen MarkDel?  Wink  So sharpen up those rapiers, gird up those loins and aim for the heart of the matter.  Freedomburns is in the hizzy.  He is taking no prisoners.  And you just got served...

BIATCH!
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 12:22:21 PM »

Is there a transcript of this?  I'm having trouble hearing certain parts.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 12:23:42 PM »

Not him, again.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 12:24:39 PM »

Hahahaha, that was one seriously disturbed woman.

"THEY'RE A DANGER TO OUR EXISTENCE!"
"No, you know what, I think you're a danger to our existence..."
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 06:32:47 PM »

The sad thing is, I heard calls like this when I would answer phones from constituents while in DC.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 08:34:05 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2005, 08:36:57 PM by freedomburns »

The point that is begging to be made here is this.  By a show of hands, how many people think that this woman is probably a Democrat?  Right, that's what I expected.

Now, how many people think she is probably a Republican?  Ok, good show, you are not all as dumb as I thought. 

This screeching banshee and the other dim-bulbs who hyperventilate on these shows are universally from the Right.  You very rarely hear this kind of vitriolic garbage spouting from the clear thinkers on the Left.  Is this because most right-wingers are retarded idiots?  Wellll.....judging from what I see represented here I am left to form my own conclusions.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »

LOL, exactly fb Grin
danwxman

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 09:26:45 PM »

I heard this call a few weeks ago! It was being discussed the rest of the show.

Alan's radio show is actually rather entertaining in part because a lot of kooks call in.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 09:35:01 PM »

The point that is begging to be made here is this.  By a show of hands, how many people think that this woman is probably a Democrat?  Right, that's what I expected.

Now, how many people think she is probably a Republican?  Ok, good show, you are not all as dumb as I thought. 

This screeching banshee and the other dim-bulbs who hyperventilate on these shows are universally from the Right.  You very rarely hear this kind of vitriolic garbage spouting from the clear thinkers on the Left.  Is this because most right-wingers are retarded idiots?  Wellll.....judging from what I see represented here I am left to form my own conclusions.

Yes, I agree with you; there is no doubt in my mind that she is a Republican.

However, you seem to be saying that because set A is a subset of set B, that it then follows that A = B, which is a clear-cut example of the fallacy of Hasty Generalization.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 12:22:45 AM »

Quit trolling moron.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 01:20:06 AM »

Just a bit of a generalization there, you think? It is hilarous, but the only thing it is indicative of is a very narrow group of folks that have gone off the deep end.

Are you living in the US?  It is my impression that a majority of people here have gone off the deep end.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 03:30:25 AM »

Quit trolling moron.

SR's Dictionary

Troll (n)  trol  definition 1: Anyone who disagrees with what I have to say.  2: My mom.  3: My wife.  4: My sister 5: A big ugly hairy green monster   
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 03:37:11 AM »

Is there a transcript of this?  I'm having trouble hearing certain parts.
We want a transcript!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies