Trump: Who Needs the Party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:43:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Who Needs the Party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump: Who Needs the Party?  (Read 2754 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »
« edited: June 16, 2016, 01:15:50 PM by Arch »

"We have to have our Republicans either stick together or let me just do it by myself. I'll do very well. I'm going to do very well..."

Link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/06/16/trump_vows_to_go_it_alone_130902.html

Not only does he have no ground game, he's thinking about abandoning the only entity who could help him in organizing. No compromises from Donald. It seems he's not planning to change tone on anything.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 12:14:19 PM »

#riptrumpschances
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »

This is the type of guy he is. Big ego, utterly dominating, you do it his way or else he'll take his marbles and go home. He's 70 years old now....people do not change at that age.

What you see is what you get.

BTW, that link didn't work for me.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 12:25:19 PM »

What a piece of shlt.  The party is not supporting him because he doesn't back the GOP's stated ideals, doesn't care about its prospects, is very blatantly sabotaging the only way forward outreach-wise (minority voters) and is spewing hate and divisiveness.

You know when Democrats accuse Republicans of being dog whistle racists because they campaign against cutting welfare or oppose busing poor kids 15 miles across town for the sake of "equality" or any other retarded thing they come up with to scare everyone?  Well, Trump is actually running a racist campaign.  This isn't ridiculous leftist hyperbole like "if you support any Republican, you're complicit in this or that terrible thing" anymore; if you are supporting Trump's campaign, you're supporting Wallace 2.0.  Some (thankfully, more than a few) Republicans have enough dignity and pride in what their party used to and should still stand for to reject Trumpism.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 12:45:33 PM »

Sigh. Republicans... Roll Eyes
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 01:25:17 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Republicans are going to have to realize there is simply no way Trump is going to win the Presidency.

What Republicans have to do is to spend their resources and manpower on salvaging as many down ballot elections and Governor and state house elections as possible.

The Republican campaign as it now stands is in an absolute shambles, thanks to Trump and his yes men and yes women surrogates.

Trump has always ran a one man show, and the Presidential election is no different.

The party is headed for disaster.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 01:00:43 PM »

Republicans are going to have to realize there is simply no way Trump is going to win the Presidency.

What Republicans have to do is to spend their resources and manpower on salvaging as many down ballot elections and Governor and state house elections as possible.

The Republican campaign as it now stands is in an absolute shambles, thanks to Trump and his yes men and yes women surrogates.

Trump has always ran a o ne man show, and the Presidential election is no different.

Mark Levin said on his radio show yesterday, 'the Whig-Republican party' and I certainly agree.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »

If there were ever a time delegates disregarded the will of primary voters, I'd say we're about there.

If delegates rejecting him is such a bad, undemocratic move, shouldn't more of us be upset that delegates exist at all? Shouldn't we insist there be no "wiggle room" for delegates, that the nomination votes be automatic? As a Clinton supporter, id much rather she face Trump, but how trump is dragging the GOP down is just sad. It seems like it's coming down to which group the GOP can stand to lose more. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It seems I'd rather be damned with someone approved by a majority of Republicans at least.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »

I like how this completely reverses his stated strategy (I.e. keep a small personal campaign and rely on existing infrastructure using his branding). Or maybe he's making a bluff, although I can't think why.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 01:06:41 PM »

Tell me again how Little Donny here is actually a political mastermind.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »

I like how this completely reverses his stated strategy (I.e. keep a small personal campaign and rely on existing infrastructure using his branding). Or maybe he's making a bluff, although I can't think why.

The money. He wants to control the money and his branding.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 01:09:52 PM »

He pretty much took over a party single-handedly from those who have controlled it for a generation. If winning the general is the only benchmark, point made.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 01:12:50 PM »

What a piece of shlt.  The party is not supporting him because he doesn't back the GOP's stated ideals, doesn't care about its prospects, is very blatantly sabotaging the only way forward outreach-wise (minority voters) and is spewing hate and divisiveness.

You know when Democrats accuse Republicans of being dog whistle racists because they campaign against cutting welfare or oppose busing poor kids 15 miles across town for the sake of "equality" or any other retarded thing they come up with to scare everyone?  Well, Trump is actually running a racist campaign.  This isn't ridiculous leftist hyperbole like "if you support any Republican, you're complicit in this or that terrible thing" anymore; if you are supporting Trump's campaign, you're supporting Wallace 2.0.  Some (thankfully, more than a few) Republicans have enough dignity and pride in what their party used to and should still stand for to reject Trumpism.

The hate for WV is strong in this one.

(Insert Darth Vadar breathing sounds)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »

Everyone should read that Politico article on Trump's relationship with the RNC. My favorite highlight is where an RNC representative gave Trump a list of 20 major donors to call, and Trump called 2 of them and then gave up entirely.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 01:18:30 PM »

Who needs to win elections?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »

He pretty much took over a party single-handedly from those who have controlled it for a generation. If winning the general is the only benchmark, point made.

The articles about how Trump is a political/promotional genius, and he's conned his way and will continue to con his way straight to the White House, remind me a lot of the "Jar-Jar Sith Lord" theory that was bandied about last winter.  No, Jar-Jar is not evil-Yoda-in-disguise practicing drunken-master kung-fu.  He's just a clown.  Ditto with Trump.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LibRNYJmZ-I
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »

How? He knocked out 16 other candidates without ever running seriously for anything. And he will also knock out the Hill.

I just can't wait to see all the media hacks reacting on the night of November 8, when it is announces that the 45th President's name will be Donald John Trump.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »

How? He knocked out 16 other candidates without ever running seriously for anything. And he will also knock out the Hill.

I just can't wait to see all the media hacks reacting on the night of November 8, when it is announces that the 45th President's name will be Donald John Trump.

Again with saying beating 16 candidates is a strength--this wasn't an elimination tournament where you go one on one--you had 16 candidates saying the same thing, gathering a total of 60% of the vote, where Trump running essentially on the outsider platform got 40%. Had this been a two way race it's unlikely he would've been nominated, similarly to how Sanders would've very likely been nominated if he had 16 Dem opponents.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 01:45:24 PM »

Yeah, he cleared a very divided Republican field, that's certainly something. Winning a Republican primary and winning a general election are two very different things. His actions since winning the nomination certainly don't suggest that he really knows what he's doing. He's pretty much just doing whatever the hell he wants. That might happen to be a winning strategy, but it's certainly not a politically wise strategy.
skoods
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 01:48:00 PM »

You call the media hacks yet I can see some of the Donald dripping down your chin still.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 01:48:50 PM »

If you want to chastise me for using that term, more than fair enough.

If you're suggesting Republicans use it more than anyone else on this forum, you're ... *dumb*.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 01:50:08 PM »

I suspect Trump doesn't want to be president. If he wanted to win he would have run a completely different campaign.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 01:51:22 PM »

The hate for WV is strong in this one.

(Insert Darth Vadar breathing sounds)

LOL, one of the best Senators in DC is a Republican from WV.  I love WV Republicans and any other West Virginians who want to join the GOP, come on in if you agree with our vision.  What I don't want is to provide a haven for WV Democrats who are afraid their party isn't intolerant enough, and that's what Trump is hell bent on doing.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 01:53:29 PM »

Trump has always ran a one man show, and the Presidential election is no different.

That's a losing proposition.

I don't understand why you and the other renegades simply don't get your act together and jump on the Trump train, cause that's the only train in town.

Do you want to lose in a massive wave?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 01:53:57 PM »

Again with saying beating 16 candidates is a strength--this wasn't an elimination tournament where you go one on one--you had 16 candidates saying the same thing, gathering a total of 60% of the vote, where Trump running essentially on the outsider platform got 40%. Had this been a two way race it's unlikely he would've been nominated, similarly to how Sanders would've very likely been nominated if he had 16 Dem opponents.

If you add up the votes of all outsiders (Rafael and Ben), it's easily over 50%. What do you think against which candidate TRUMP would have lost a two-way race? Mr. Low Energy? Keep also in mind that Big Don got more votes than anyone else in the GOP primary race. That's stunning for someone who never ran for office, didn't have a strong ground operation and spent almost nothing while others wasted millions of dollars and still got crushed.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies