So that plane thingy.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:35:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  So that plane thingy.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So that plane thingy.  (Read 1251 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2016, 11:35:39 PM »

Surprised there isn't a thread on the Egyptian Air Flight. I don't think it was bombed; for starters, why would ISIS (assuming it was ISIS, which again assumes it was a bombing to begin with) attack an Egyptian plane and blow their cover at DeGaulle airport instead of a more populated transatlantic flight? Also, why have they not taken credit for the so called attack?

My gut says that the plane exploded on it's own, sorta like TWA 800 (which my uncle still insists was shot down apparently).
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 03:25:20 AM »

Some people, somewhere in the world are trying to build an army of planes, shh...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:19:29 AM »

I think the Muslim Brotherhood is more likely than ISIS.  Like every official I've heard from, I agree that it's likely terrorism (it's a good plane, well maintained, good pilots and a good airliner), but obviously there isn't enough info yet to state that as fact.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 11:16:57 AM »

We need the black box. Hopefully that will give us a solid answer.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 06:45:43 PM »

Apparently, the plane sensors sent out a series of data transmission indicating a series of electronic failures and smoke over a two to three minute time stamp which is not indicative of a bomb or explosion but something mechanical--though I guess sabotage of some type could still be involved.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/egyptair-crash/egyptair-flight-data-shows-smoke-detected-bathroom-crash-report-n577716
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 10:23:55 PM »

I'm really starting to think it wasn't terrorists. Do we really believe Isis wouldn't be going around bragging right now if they were the ones that actually did it? I'm surprised they haven't claimed credit even if they didn't do it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 07:32:28 AM »

But again, why would it be ISIS?  Lots of groups in the area would love to blow up an Egyptian plane with some French on it.

Hell, even if it was terrorism, it might not even be Muslims.  

(I said it without giggling!)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 08:06:27 AM »

I think the Muslim Brotherhood is more likely than ISIS.

I didn't know the crumbles of it were even into terrorism...

Sabotage in Roissy Charles de Gaulle then? Well...
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 09:36:22 AM »

Ther ar many people in Egypt who hate the regime. What are they going to do is anyone's guess. Terrorism is the weapon of the enraged weak and that, today, describes much of Egypt.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »

Ther ar many people in Egypt who hate the regime. What are they going to do is anyone's guess. Terrorism is the weapon of the enraged weak and that, today, describes much of Egypt.

Yeah, but we're speaking about an international flight from France, it would ask for a 'bit of network and organisation'.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 03:45:38 PM »

Yeah, but we're speaking about an international flight from France, it would ask for a 'bit of network and organisation'.

Yes if it is terror, ISIS (who are active in the Sinai) and the Brotherhood are the most likely suspects, because they're the only one with large international networks, when we talk about groups in opposition to the regime.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 08:55:19 AM »

Yes if it is terror, ISIS (who are active in the Sinai) and the Brotherhood are the most likely suspects, because they're the only one with large international networks, when we talk about groups in opposition to the regime.

So, some people are apparently seriously arguing that MB could have a serious international terror network.

I might be silly I thought that totally XXth century thing didn't have international networks anymore for a while now, I had enven thought that all what happened in all the different Arab countries during revolutions or attempts would have pretty much made the point.

When it comes to Egypt itself, the 'home', I even thought that all what happened during the counter-revolution would have pretty much made the point about the strength of this here.

I even seemed to remember that MB has never been into terror, all those from there that wanted enjoy this would have broken up to found their little violent branch.

And, yeah, the sick repression against them due counter-revolution would have effectively insanely created some significant terrorism, but I'm so silly that I thought that the only main network was that 'Sinaļ franchise' from the new cool 'Jihadist' movement we all know regardless the so many different names we give them.

I even tend to wonder if there's been any a little significant attack in Egypt that can be given to anything coming from MB, silly!

But please, make me less silly.
swl
France

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 05:41:01 AM »

The two flight recorders have been found, so I guess we will eventually now what happened.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies