This seems odd. What does it mean?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:52:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  This seems odd. What does it mean?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This seems odd. What does it mean?  (Read 246 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2016, 09:54:09 PM »

1.   In 1992, a man named Archie Karas went to Vegas, turned $50 into $40,000,000, and then promptly lost it all. 
2.   In 1964, a wealthy businessman, fearing nuclear war, built a massive 16,500 square foot mansion underneath Las Vegas complete with pool, even putting green and luxury finishes 
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:07:10 PM »

A putting green is a patch of artificial grass used to practice the last stroke of golf (putting, as opposed to a full golf hole, which includes driving, approaching, and putting).  It's what the related game of miniature golf is played on.

Executives will put very small versions of this in their office to practice golf putting on breaks, Presidents have put one in the white house.

"Luxury finishes" probably refers to countertops and cabinets being made of premium/expensive building materials.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 02:10:04 AM »

an "even putting green" I suppose means that the putting green is flat.   yes, it's easy to be confused by that sentence.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 02:13:11 AM »

an "even putting green" I suppose means that the putting green is flat.   yes, it's easy to be confused by that sentence.

Even though it's bad writing, I think it's more likely that they meant to express astonishment rather than suggest the putting green was symmetrical or flat.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 02:27:37 AM »

Even though it's bad writing, I think it's more likely that they meant to express astonishment rather than suggest the putting green was symmetrical or flat.

that would be exceptionally bad writing if so.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:39:15 AM »

That house was put up for sale last year (or the year before?), with the realtors hosting an open house.  I didn't hear about it until it was too late.  Sad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies