John Brennan even stupider than you thought
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:24:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John Brennan even stupider than you thought
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Brennan even stupider than you thought  (Read 378 times)
Angel of Death
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/06/17/non_us_encryption_is_theoretical_claims_cia/
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:56:20 PM »

How stupid are the people of the federal government?

Seriously, I can't believe they are still latching on to this idea that they can backdoor the encryption used by businesses and consumers and expect that it won't ever be turned against them. That's not how encryption works, and I have full confidence that people like Brennan are being told this on a daily basis... and yet, they continue with this.

I really hope Congress doesn't bend on this issue, because if they do, it's going to backfire spectacularly and it won't be good for the American people. At all.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 06:01:54 PM »

How stupid are the people of the federal government?

Seriously, I can't believe they are still latching on to this idea that they can backdoor the encryption used by businesses and consumers and expect that it won't ever be turned against them. That's not how encryption works, and I have full confidence that people like Brennan are being told this on a daily basis... and yet, they continue with this.

I really hope Congress doesn't bend on this issue, because if they do, it's going to backfire spectacularly and it won't be good for the American people. At all.

It's basically the entire intelligence community. I've talked with people in there and there is nothing more that will make them happier than getting the backdoor. Even the more levelheaded ones are still a little hopeful on the backdoor.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies