Should Sanders be given a speaking slot at the DNC if he refuses to endorse (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:12:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should Sanders be given a speaking slot at the DNC if he refuses to endorse (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: the nominee?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Should Sanders be given a speaking slot at the DNC if he refuses to endorse  (Read 5084 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: June 18, 2016, 01:02:09 AM »

I don't understand how so many people who are supposedly political observers seem to cling to this idea that he won't eventually endorse the Democratic nominee...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:52:48 AM »

I don't understand how so many people who are supposedly political observers seem to cling to this idea that he won't eventually endorse the Democratic nominee...

Well, Eugene McCarthy, Ted Kennedy, and Jerry Brown didn't endorse the democratic nominee.  It's not unheard of for a democratic primary to end in bitterness with the loser making unreasonable demands and refusing to endorse the winner.

Thanks for the history lecture.  But my claim is specifically regarding Bernie Sanders.  If he endorsed the Democratic nominee even when he was an Independent (as you are all so fond of pointing out repeatedly), why would he not do so now that he identifies as a Democrat?

He's had numerous opportunities to say he wouldn't, but has said otherwise.  In the debates he repeatedly said Hillary Clinton is better than any Republican.  He has been stressing the importance of defeating the Republicans in November since Day 1.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 02:01:42 AM »

Well, Eugene McCarthy, Ted Kennedy, and Jerry Brown didn't endorse the democratic nominee.  It's not unheard of for a democratic primary to end in bitterness with the loser making unreasonable demands and refusing to endorse the winner.

Thanks for the history lecture.  But my claim is specifically regarding Bernie Sanders.  If he endorsed the Democratic nominee even when he was an Independent (as you are all so fond of pointing out repeatedly), why would he not do so now that he identifies as a Democrat?

Because he said he wouldn't?

Dead wrong.

"...On her worst day, Hillary Clinton will be an infinitely better candidate and President than the Republican candidate on his best day." -- Sanders

Hillary Clinton said Tuesday that she and Bernie Sanders' campaigns have "been reaching out to each other" and that both Democrats will eventually unite to defeat Republican Donald Trump in November.

Are you saying Hillary Clinton was lying about this?

You are very naive if you think that Sanders 'taking this to the convention' is the same thing as what Ted Kennedy did in 1980.  But it fits the narrative you are trying to push, so I understand.  You just deserve to be called out on the disingenuous concern trolling, that's all.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:06:48 AM »

For reference, here is Sanders' endorsement of Bill Clinton in 1996.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are we going to pretend that doesn't count as an endorsement?  And yes, Hillary is going to get a better one that (with the press conferences and everything!), especially since she will be adopting much of Bernie's agenda into the DNC platform.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:20:39 AM »

And you absolutely ignored what I said about how saying Hillary is better than Trump isn't an endorsement.  Completely ignored it.  Sad!

Try to extrapolate from this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies