House Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:53:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107314 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: May 11, 2017, 12:40:00 AM »

The Storm Surge, Coastal Flooding, and Tsunami Prevention Act of 2017
1. 500 Million dollars shall be allocated to research new ways to prevent and/or hinder storm surge flooding from hurricanes, tropical storms, and nor'easters along the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean coastlines of Atlasia.
2. 500 Million dollars shall be allocated to research new ways to prevent and/or hinder tsunami-based flooding from earthquakes and landslides both local and distant along the Pacific Ocean coastline of Atlasia.
3. Up to 800 Billion dollars shall be set aside and reserve for construction of various dams, barrier islands, and potential seawalls once the research of how this may be accomplished and what, if any impact this may have on the environment is complete.
4. Climate Change may also be considered, particularly along vulnerable urban coastlines for prevention of coastal flooding as well.

I would like someone to sponsor this bill, please feel free to amend it as needed, this is just a prototype but an issue I feel is frequently ignored as climate change occurs. (Even if you don't believe climate change is happening, it is imperative to stop storm surge flooding and especially Tsunamis from wreaking havoc on our shores).

Sure, I'll sponsor it.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »

Me and Peebs threw this together, although it's mostly just stolen from an old bill:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I will have more bills in the coming days...stay tuned...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies