1001 - Signed into Law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:04:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  1001 - Signed into Law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1001 - Signed into Law  (Read 3001 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: June 18, 2016, 02:10:37 PM »

personally i'm not a fan of sucking up to dictatorships, but ymmv i guess.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 05:42:48 PM »

Well Gentlemen, since we are run by US law that means according from my knowledge that Hamas, Hizbollah and Al-Qaeda are already designated terrorist organizations while The Muslim Brotherhood is not.

This bill, Ms. Evergreen is not meant to suck up to the tyrannical dictatorships of Russia and Saudi Arabia, rather it is to say we stand in solidarity with the working people and minorities of Egypt and other countries in North Africa after the countless terrorist attacks, hate crimes and human tragedies committed by the Muslim Brotherhood over the few years in which they controlled the state of Egypt.

the working people of egypt, mr. conservative, elected the muslim brotherhood to power in their most recent democratic elections, in case you haven't forgotten. and it is arguable whether their actions have caused more harm than the preceding or succeeding regimes.

and this bill is not only morally unsound, but also strategically unsound, as it would inevitably stir up more anti-atlasian sentiment among the people of the middle east.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:12:14 PM »

Well Gentlemen, since we are run by US law that means according from my knowledge that Hamas, Hizbollah and Al-Qaeda are already designated terrorist organizations while The Muslim Brotherhood is not.

This bill, Ms. Evergreen is not meant to suck up to the tyrannical dictatorships of Russia and Saudi Arabia, rather it is to say we stand in solidarity with the working people and minorities of Egypt and other countries in North Africa after the countless terrorist attacks, hate crimes and human tragedies committed by the Muslim Brotherhood over the few years in which they controlled the state of Egypt.

the working people of egypt, mr. conservative, elected the muslim brotherhood to power in their most recent democratic elections, in case you haven't forgotten. and it is arguable whether their actions have caused more harm than the preceding or succeeding regimes.

and this bill is not only morally unsound, but also strategically unsound, as it would inevitably stir up more anti-atlasian sentiment among the people of the middle east.
And the people revolted, Ms. Evergreen and his government was removed from office and this organization was banned.

that's an outright propagandistic description of events.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 04:40:22 AM »

the working people of egypt, mr. conservative, elected the muslim brotherhood to power in their most recent democratic elections, in case you haven't forgotten.

So? What does it matter whether or not the group was elected to office? I would hardly consider a functioning democracy one that elects groups committed to extreme fundamentalism to the point of wanting to blow countries off the map and exterminate groups of people. The fact that such groups win elections in some places, is not a mark of legitimacy on said groups, but in fact is an exemplary reason why democracy depends on strong education and a substantially more secular world view (at least to the point of not wanting to "Vote" a disliked group out of existence)".

Whether or not the Muslim Brotherhood wins an election is irrelevant. Hamas has won elections in the Palestinian terrorities and that doesn't make them any less of a terrorist group. The key here is the outlook of the Muslim Brotherhood and the tactices they are employing to bring it about.

because the reaganite/kissingerite tradition of deposing democracies we don't like has yielded absolutely terrible results in the past, maybe…?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 04:43:20 AM »

this bill would give us more irans, not fewer.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »

nay
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 05:03:18 PM »

the working people of egypt, mr. conservative, elected the muslim brotherhood to power in their most recent democratic elections, in case you haven't forgotten.

So? What does it matter whether or not the group was elected to office? I would hardly consider a functioning democracy one that elects groups committed to extreme fundamentalism to the point of wanting to blow countries off the map and exterminate groups of people. The fact that such groups win elections in some places, is not a mark of legitimacy on said groups, but in fact is an exemplary reason why democracy depends on strong education and a substantially more secular world view (at least to the point of not wanting to "Vote" a disliked group out of existence)".

Whether or not the Muslim Brotherhood wins an election is irrelevant. Hamas has won elections in the Palestinian terrorities and that doesn't make them any less of a terrorist group. The key here is the outlook of the Muslim Brotherhood and the tactices they are employing to bring it about.

because the reaganite/kissingerite tradition of deposing democracies we don't like has yielded absolutely terrible results in the past, maybe…?

Those are different situations. An election that elects a terrorist group is not a democracy.

that's a questionable assertion. and i'm sure the same argument was made about, e.g., chile – that an election that elects communists is not a democracy.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 02:25:49 PM »

certainly better than the previous turd, although putting c.c. on the committee is lol

abstain
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 05:09:05 PM »

abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies