Utah GOP chairman talks with Trump about state’s unusual tossup status (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:25:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Utah GOP chairman talks with Trump about state’s unusual tossup status (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Utah GOP chairman talks with Trump about state’s unusual tossup status  (Read 1296 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: June 19, 2016, 01:40:43 AM »

Think about this for just a second: the Republican nominee is being forced to campaign in Utah!

I hope the Clinton campaign is ready to respond with at least a minor investment. Forcing Trump to campaign in Utah is one thing, but I'm just waiting for what he's going to say about Mormons that's going to offend a majority of Utah voters. As I've mentioned before, even a minor Clinton campaign presence could pay off in at least taking UT-04 and helping Democrats win the House. Utah may now indeed be a battleground state, but I'm not even close to declaring victory (although that's not to say I wouldn't love to see Hillary win Utah in November).

With that said, what is Trump going to say or do differently that's going to make Utah voters suddenly warm up to him? From a Clinton campaign perspective, I think she should go to Salt Lake City sometime soon with her grandchildren to a more grandmotherly side. I think she should do that anyway, but I think it could resonate particularly well in Utah. I'd hope any Democratic effort in Utah could lead to future developments for the party down-ballot, but just seeing Utah go Democratic in a presidential election would be a once in a generation event I want to see. I really want to see Hillary win Utah.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies