Poll: Giant inflatable Trump in KKK robe. Fair depiction of Trump's campaign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll: Giant inflatable Trump in KKK robe. Fair depiction of Trump's campaign?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Protesters made a giant inflatable Trump wearing a KKK robe. Is this a fair depiction of Trump's campaign ?
Yes, 100% fair depiction of trump's campaign
Yes, somewhat fair depiction of trump's campaign
No. This is not a fair depiction.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poll: Giant inflatable Trump in KKK robe. Fair depiction of Trump's campaign?  (Read 1940 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:58:25 PM »
« edited: June 19, 2016, 10:02:23 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Question Sad Protesters made a giant inflatable Trump wearing a KKK robe. Is this a fair depiction of Trump's campaign ?

Watch the 1 minute YouTube video to see the giant inflatable Trump.
Here is the link :  https://youtu.be/ZWE4SiPspjQ

The inflatable includes a giant sign saying, MAKE AMERICA HATE AGAIN.
Vote and discuss.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:59:56 PM »

Second option (moderate hero)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 10:01:43 PM »

I bet that inflatable Trump did not disavow David Duke's endorsement.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 10:11:25 PM »

No, though your charming moderate temperament indicates otherwise.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »

Not completely fair. The real Trump isn't inflatable.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 10:32:45 PM »

Not completely fair. The real Trump isn't inflatable.

Are you sure?  He certainly resembles a thin sheet of orange vinyl filled with hot air.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 10:43:22 PM »

Question Sad Protesters made a giant inflatable Trump wearing a KKK robe. Is this a fair depiction of Trump's campaign ?

Watch the 1 minute YouTube video to see the giant inflatable Trump.
Here is the link :  https://youtu.be/ZWE4SiPspjQ

The inflatable includes a giant sign saying, MAKE AMERICA HATE AGAIN.
Vote and discuss.

Unfair depiction. Far too kind to wanna-be Leader TrumpMiller.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 10:45:07 PM »

Totally unfair, and people know it.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 10:56:53 PM »

No, this is ridiculous.  When you make ridiculous claims about how bad Trump is it deflates and mitigates your actual claim to Trump's horribleness.  It'd be like if I said the Cavs beat the Warriors 4-0, and you pressed me on it, and eventually I said "yeah well they didn't... but they did come back to win 4-3!"  not as strong as if I just said the truth.  Trump in a KKK robe is the equivalent of claiming Cavs won 4-0.

BTW  yeah BELIEVEland.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 11:10:52 PM »

Uh huh, sure. Do you seriously believe Trump won't seize Hispanics and Muslims's property to give it to #hardworking Americans like you?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 11:40:35 PM »

I'm surprised someone didn't pop it. But then again, the violent terrorist protester thugs probably would have acted out on their violent urges and given that poor patriot the Reginald Denny treatment.
Sir Tiki
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.28, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 11:41:59 PM »

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 11:44:26 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 11:50:04 PM »

I'm surprised someone didn't pop it. But then again, the violent terrorist protester thugs probably would have acted out on their violent urges and given that poor patriot the Reginald Denny treatment.

White supermacist yay! Someone should have popped it so that real Americans could have shot that individual!
Seek help.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 12:30:51 AM »

Is Donald Trump a Nazi or KKK member?  No.

Is he making America hate again (perhaps unintentionally)?  Yes.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 01:17:53 PM »

No, though your charming moderate temperament indicates otherwise.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 01:25:15 PM »

NO.

TRUMP. is. not. a. racist.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 06:07:34 PM »

Uh huh, sure. Do you seriously believe Trump won't seize Hispanics and Muslims's property to give it to #hardworking Americans like you?

No, I don't believe he'll seize property through eminent domain without proper and equitable compensation for the property owner(s).

And, yes, I am a hard worker.  I've worked 2 jobs for most of the last 10 years, and I'm 59 years old now.  I support a wife and our grandson, who we have legally adopted (he's 10, and my wife is 61).

I don't know you from Adam.  I will say that, in my experience, folks who look down on the hard work of others generally haven't done much with their lives, other than go to school (and, sometimes, get degrees they aren't using yet).  Maybe you're the exception.  Then again, maybe you're a know-it-all with education, but no real accomplishments.  Folks like that seem to be in abundance; their contempt for the working folks of society is where the roots of anti-intellectualism take hold.  And I'm not anti-intellectual; anti-intellectualism has resulted in the tragic dumbing down of our culture, especially in the civic sense. 
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 06:09:01 PM »

Fair? Perhaps not when you get down to the nuances of it.

Deserved? Absolutely!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »

Deserved? Absolutely!

The laws of our country, laws that were formulated before Trump had his first date with Ivana, call for the deportation of folks who are in the country illegally.

Is it racist to expect these laws be enforced?  Trump didn't write them, but he is calling for their enforcement.  Is he wrong?

I understand the counter-argument for this (well, one of the counter-arguments, anyway).  It's the call for broad-based reform that addresses the problem of our porous border along with some kind of amnesty for those already here.  It's sensible to a point, and I am open to an exception for "Dreamers" who were brought here by their parents and who know nothing of life anywhere else. 

But I also note that this has been tried before, and the porous borders have never been addressed.  On top of that, the Democratic Party is SO beholden to the Hispanic vote that they pretty much advocate a policy of "If you get here, you can stay here!".  The Democrats haven't come out with that yet, but I predict they will in time.

Our immigration laws aren't racist.  They're protectionistic, but what's wrong with that?  It's one thing for our government to help create opportunity for other Americans, but it's NOT our job to create opportunities for the rest of the world.  We don't need any more immigrants, and we need to enforce our current laws to have an effect on those who would think about illegally entering the United States, or illegally overstaying their visa.  Is that outrageous?
Curbstomp
Rookie
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 06:31:32 PM »

Nope. Hillary kissed KKK member Robert Byrd. Clinton Media ignores this because it doesn't fit the narrative of Hillary being pro African Americans.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 06:34:35 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2016, 06:51:25 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Deserved? Absolutely!

The laws of our country, laws that were formulated before Trump had his first date with Ivana, call for the deportation of folks who are in the country illegally.

Is it racist to expect these laws be enforced?  Trump didn't write them, but he is calling for their enforcement.  Is he wrong?

I understand the counter-argument for this (well, one of the counter-arguments, anyway).  It's the call for broad-based reform that addresses the problem of our porous border along with some kind of amnesty for those already here.  It's sensible to a point, and I am open to an exception for "Dreamers" who were brought here by their parents and who know nothing of life anywhere else.  

But I also note that this has been tried before, and the porous borders have never been addressed.  On top of that, the Democratic Party is SO beholden to the Hispanic vote that they pretty much advocate a policy of "If you get here, you can stay here!".  The Democrats haven't come out with that yet, but I predict they will in time.

Our immigration laws aren't racist.  They're protectionistic, but what's wrong with that?  It's one thing for our government to help create opportunity for other Americans, but it's NOT our job to create opportunities for the rest of the world.  We don't need any more immigrants, and we need to enforce our current laws to have an effect on those who would think about illegally entering the United States, or illegally overstaying their visa.  Is that outrageous?

And what about trump's derogatory remark towards U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, an American citizen born in Indiana, of Mexican origin.
Was this a racist comment ? Of course it is !
Was it wrong for trump to say this ? Yes !

This is the problem with you trump supporters. Somehow you can block things like this from reaching your brain cells (with the little yall have). You only concentrate on the things that make you "feel good," but the bad stuff from trump just doesn't exist.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »

Deserved? Absolutely!

Is it racist to expect these laws be enforced?  Trump didn't write them, but he is calling for their enforcement.  Is he wrong?

I understand the counter-argument for this (well, one of the counter-arguments, anyway).  It's the call for broad-based reform that addresses the problem of our porous border along with some kind of amnesty for those already here.  It's sensible to a point, and I am open to an exception for "Dreamers" who were brought here by their parents and who know nothing of life anywhere else.  

But I also note that this has been tried before, and the porous borders have never been addressed.  On top of that, the Democratic Party is SO beholden to the Hispanic vote that they pretty much advocate a policy of "If you get here, you can stay here!".  The Democrats haven't come out with that yet, but I predict they will in time.

Our immigration laws aren't racist.  They're protectionistic, but what's wrong with that?  It's one thing for our government to help create opportunity for other Americans, but it's NOT our job to create opportunities for the rest of the world.  We don't need any more immigrants, and we need to enforce our current laws to have an effect on those who would think about illegally entering the United States, or illegally overstaying their visa.  Is that outrageous?

No, but it is outrageous to take several days to disavow support from a KKK member while pretending not to know who the group is, lambasting a federal judge doing his job and claiming his heritage prevents him from ruling impartially, requesting increased federal profiling and invasion of privacy of people who follow a certain creed despite the fact it's wholly unconstitutional to do so, and inciting racial tensions at nearly every turn on a platform derived to appeal to white grievances via castigation of the "other."

It isn't due to some supposed sanctity of immigration protocol or economic competition that Trump's rhetoric is so popular, it's because he appeals to people who feel that the multicultural assimilation occurring within modern America  threatens White hegemony over defining the cultural context of American society. There's a reason his support is overwhelmingly White, even more so than it usually is among Republican candidates.

Is he a true racist? Maybe, maybe not, but I have difficulty believing Trump holds any firmly held beliefs other than broadcasting his brand through the most self-aggrandizing means possible. Is he completely tone deaf to racial relations, incompetent at managing sincere racial dialogue, and willing to pander to those that harbor racial animus? Yes, he is, and that is why the depiction is deserved.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 06:48:58 PM »

Deserved? Absolutely!

And what about trump's derogatory remark towards U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, an American citizen born in Indiana, of Mexican origin.

This is the problem with you block of trump supporters. Somehow you can block things like this from reaching your brain cells (with the little yall have). You only concentrate on the things that make you "feel good," but the bad stuff from trump just doesn't exist.

Over my lifetime, I have seen all sorts of American-born politicians throw national interest to the wind to advocate policies that reflect the sentiments of their ethnic group, or their constituents of their ethnic group.  I've seen Jewish-American politicians urge rejection of the Iranian trade deal because Bibi Netanyahu is against it, but I've seen Arab-American politicians (Former Democratic Sen. James Abouresk of South Dakota comes to mind.) vote against measures designed to support Israel down the line.  I've seen Greek-American politicians vote against aid to Turkey when Greece and Turkey were in conflict on Cyprus, regardless of the fact that at the time, Greece was ruled by a military junta and Turkey was an indispensable  Cold War ally.  I've seen Irish-American politicians not hide their support for Noraid, which funded the IRA in Northern Ireland, eschewing more moderate voices that (thank God) ultimately prevailed.

I note that Trump's lawyers aren't asking for a recusal, and I agree that Trump probably should have shut up on the issue.  But Judge Curiel is just another politician, and Trump has seen the things I've seen over time.  Not too many folks on either side of the aisle and spectrum TRULY put America First.  Remember the response in debate Trump received when he suggested he could serve as an "Honest Broker" in the Israeli-Palestinian matter?  Were people even open to the principle that such a role by an American President might be in America's best interest?

Trump's campaign is an "America First" campaign, and it's long overdue.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »

Deserved? Absolutely!

This is the problem with you trump supporters. Somehow you can block things like this from reaching your brain cells (with the little yall have). You only concentrate on the things that make you "feel good," but the bad stuff from trump just doesn't exist.

Over my lifetime, I have seen all sorts of American-born politicians throw national interest to the wind to advocate policies that reflect the sentiments of their ethnic group, or their constituents of their ethnic group.  I've seen Jewish-American politicians urge rejection of the Iranian trade deal because Bibi Netanyahu is against it, but I've seen Arab-American politicians (Former Democratic Sen. James Abouresk of South Dakota comes to mind.) vote against measures designed to support Israel down the line.  I've seen Greek-American politicians vote against aid to Turkey when Greece and Turkey were in conflict on Cyprus, regardless of the fact that at the time, Greece was ruled by a military junta and Turkey was an indispensable  Cold War ally.  I've seen Irish-American politicians not hide their support for Noraid, which funded the IRA in Northern Ireland, eschewing more moderate voices that (thank God) ultimately prevailed.

I note that Trump's lawyers aren't asking for a recusal, and I agree that Trump probably should have shut up on the issue.  But Judge Curiel is just another politician, and Trump has seen the things I've seen over time.  Not too many folks on either side of the aisle and spectrum TRULY put America First.  Remember the response in debate Trump received when he suggested he could serve as an "Honest Broker" in the Israeli-Palestinian matter?  Were people even open to the principle that such a role by an American President might be in America's best interest?

Trump's campaign is an "America First" campaign, and it's long overdue.

My right arm is itching, and you go and scratch my left arm.
Complete denial and deflection in your entire response.
First of all, Curiel is not a politician, he is a federal judge.
So your entire statement goes out the window. It's convenient for you to try to portray Curiel as "a politician" to fit your argument. But you fail greatly.
The next thing trump and his campaign will fool his followers, is to get them to believe that the bag-boy at my local supermarket, is also "technically a politician."
Ugggggggggggg.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies