How will Trump do with white men? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:53:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How will Trump do with white men? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What percentage of Non-hispanic white males will Trump win
< 50%

50-52%

53-55%

56-58%

59-61%

62-64%

65-70%

> 70%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: How will Trump do with white men?  (Read 3046 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 21, 2016, 07:28:41 AM »

Beef, are you excluding Latinos from the pool of "white male" voters?  Latinos can be of any race, and in the latest census about 55% of self-identified Latinos also identified as white.  I'd imagine that in Texas the percentage is even higher, although I'm not sure what percent of Latinos in Texas would vote for Donald Trump.  Bush got about 40% of the Latino vote in 2004, and Romney did even better with that group in 2012.

I just don't think Trump will perform as well among any group, including white people and males, as the previous Republican candidates have performed because of the reasons I mentioned.  If McCain only gets 57%, and McCain had a ground game, a competent staff, and the support of the party, then it's hard to imagine Donald Trump getting over that, or even close to that. 

It's possible that Trump will begin to listen to the advice of others, hire a competent manager, and stop acting like a first-grader, but if all that doesn't happen, then we might just have a Democrat landslide.  I think you have to analyze more than just white males though.  Also, it's early.  This is an "if the election were held today" question really.  The election won't be held today.

The general assumption when you refer to whites in this context, is that you really mean non Hispanic whites, so the two groups vote so differently. I suspect most of the numbers bandied about above, are referring to non Hispanic whites.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies