Is Jill Stein qualified to be president of the United States of America?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:11:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Jill Stein qualified to be president of the United States of America?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Is Jill Stein qualified to be president of the United States of America?
Yeah

Nah

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 148

Author Topic: Is Jill Stein qualified to be president of the United States of America?  (Read 5577 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 07:47:04 AM »

The employer is the electorate; whoever the electorate chooses to employ is qualified.
skoods
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 08:44:21 AM »

No. But, neither is Bernie Sanders and I expect the same mouth breathing, me, me, me, me, me, me, me crowd to vote for her.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 08:47:44 AM »

Oh, boy. A reverse Jfern.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 09:19:47 AM »

Whoever panders to the anti-vaxx crowd isn't fit to be elected dogcatcher.
When did she do that?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 12:41:04 PM »

When did she do that?

https://nearearth.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/jill-steins-shameful-pander-on-vaccines-and-homeopathy/

Part of her answer:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So basically, vaccines don't necessarily cause autism, but they may cause... capitalist sympathies?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 12:43:11 PM »

No. But, neither is Bernie Sanders and I expect the same mouth breathing, me, me, me, me, me, me, me crowd to vote for her.

Uh huh. Because someone who has held political office for 25-years is the same as someone who has run multiple failed elections for a stupid party and never won.

#PartyUnity
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »

When did she do that?

https://nearearth.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/jill-steins-shameful-pander-on-vaccines-and-homeopathy/

Part of her answer:

So basically, vaccines don't necessarily cause autism, but they may cause... capitalist sympathies?
Her comment wasn't very long, if you want to read it it wouldn't take very much time out of your day, I promise.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 05:10:29 PM »

When did she do that?

Part of her answer:

Her comment wasn't very long, if you want to read it it wouldn't take very much time out of your day, I promise.

I did read her whole response. I just didn't want to post the whole thing since I know that gets some websites all up in a tizzy.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 09:35:14 PM »

No, she's too crazy to be president. The ones that are supporting her are a bunch of angry Sanders supporters, or crazy anarchists.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 09:50:56 PM »

When did she do that?
Never, but a certain kind of Very Serious Person likes repeating this lie because they believe that it makes them look smart, and few people follow minor party candidates closely enough to do anything but nod gravely in response.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 09:59:21 PM »

Also, the simultaneously obvious and overly clever answer to the question is that no one is actually qualified to be president of the United States.

Who is most qualified, not including Obama? Probably HRC, Biden, and Kerry. There's an argument to be made for someone like Jerry Brown, maybe. But "most qualified" is not the only quality that matters. Would you have voted for Nixon in 1960? Was Humphrey the right pick for Democrats in '68? Should you always vote for the incumbent because he is usually, by any reasonable measure and by a wide margin, more qualified than his challengers? Of course not.
NOT gonna be banned soon
Golfman76
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »

She's as qualified as a potato. Seriously, she was on a city council of Lexington, MA. Lexington has over 30,000 people living in it. She wasn't even mayor!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2016, 12:28:53 PM »

When did she do that?
Never, but a certain kind of Very Serious Person likes repeating this lie because they believe that it makes them look smart, and few people follow minor party candidates closely enough to do anything but nod gravely in response.

LOL, someone doesn't read all the previous posts before making a fool of himself.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 12:39:41 PM »

When did she do that?

LOL, someone doesn't read all the previous posts before making a fool of himself.

Oh, you're allowed to post here again? A shame that you didn't take your temp ban as an opportunity to improve your reading comprehension. Or your manners, for that matter.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »

When did she do that?

Oh, you're allowed to post here again? A shame that you didn't take your temp ban as an opportunity to improve your reading comprehension. Or your manners, for that matter.

I think most of us can see who is the one with reading comprehension problems despite the fact that English is his native language.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 12:47:30 PM »

Moreso than trump anyway.

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »

When did she do that?

Part of her answer:

I did read her whole response. I just didn't want to post the whole thing since I know that gets some websites all up in a tizzy.
Based on this quote, Jill seems to be suggesting that, while vaccines are safe, there's a lot of distrust of the medical industry and maybe instead of declaring everyone whose anti-vaccine as literally Hitler, it'd be more productive to see why they're distrustful and address that if we want to actually do something about dropping vaccine rates beyond feeling smug about ourselves. Not sure where she's pandering to anti-vaxxers, especially given that she presents lowering vaccination rates as a problem that should be fixed.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 01:34:59 PM »

Are you kidding me?

Maybe sheÄs qualified to be charwoman in the White House under President TRUMP.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2016, 04:29:28 PM »

She's as qualified as Ben Carson and Donald Trump
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2016, 04:39:36 PM »

In general, anybody who thinks I'm not only a sock, but a sock of Evergreen, of all people, is a delusional person who clearly has no idea what they're talking about.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2016, 04:43:13 PM »

hell no
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2016, 05:23:11 PM »

No, she's too crazy to be president. The ones that are supporting her are a bunch of angry Sanders supporters, or crazy anarchists.

Well, I don't know what exactly her electoral base is, and there are probably some angry Sanders supporters mixed in, but I very much doubt that most Anarchists participate in Federal electoral politics, since Anarchism as a theory is philosophically opposed to the existent of the State as an entity and believe in an alternative social structure built upon autonomy, mutual-aid, and ultimately working outside the existing political systems/structures of society to effect social change, while seems like a very different approach than voting Green in a Presidential Election.

I would argue that at this point the Libertarian party probably has a bit of lead on the "Anarchist Vote" a this point in the GE season, although we have yet to see detailed polling and subsamples to support this theory.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »

In general, anybody who thinks I'm not only a sock, but a sock of Evergreen, of all people, is a delusional person who clearly has no idea what they're talking about.
Did Jill say you were an evergreen sock? That might impact my opinion of her.
Zache

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2016, 06:03:26 PM »

Hell no.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »

Did Jill say you were an evergreen sock? That might impact my opinion of her.

No; I was referring to LL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies