Question for gun lovers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:56:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Question for gun lovers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you own a firearm that meets the following criteria?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Question for gun lovers  (Read 1791 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 10:52:19 AM »

Do I count as gun lover? In any case I don't own any guns.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 11:17:40 AM »

Maybe I should host a range day invitation to all atlas members for gun safety and target shooting.  Would actually be a good thing to help educate people about guns.   

Personal note...  My best friend and his partner were anti gun but went to a range with me and really enjoyed it.  Actually changed their opinion on gun ownership. 
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:05 AM »

Maybe I should host a range day invitation to all atlas members for gun safety and target shooting.  Would actually be a good thing to help educate people about guns.   

Personal note...  My best friend and his partner were anti gun but went to a range with me and really enjoyed it.  Actually changed their opinion on gun ownership. 

In any case, carrying three weapons with you wherever you go is absurd and terrifying. That shouldn't be a "basic right" in the Bill of Rights - what if you were a psycho? You could easily kill so many people...
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 11:33:23 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2016, 11:36:20 AM by MK »

In any case, carrying three weapons with you wherever you go is absurd and terrifying. That shouldn't be a "basic right" in the Bill of Rights - what if you were a psycho? You could easily kill so many people...

I am a sheepdog.  Wink
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 03:27:51 PM »

In any case, carrying three weapons with you wherever you go is absurd and terrifying. That shouldn't be a "basic right" in the Bill of Rights

The majority opinion in Heller acknowledged that limitations can placed on carrying in certain locations, much like how you can't wander into the Oval Office with a protest sign.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 05:35:15 PM »

I am a sheepdog.  Wink

No, you just have delusions of grandeur.
Mr. Jew
Roger Waters
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 06:33:11 PM »

I think the real problem with guns in America isn't so much about the laws or the lack thereof but more about the kind of culture that we have become.  We have become a very angry, impatient, childish, rude, pushy, arrogant, and reactionary culture with a very gimme mentality with and extra side of anti-social paranoia.  Is it any wonder then that so many people in this nation find the idea of owning full automatic assault rifles, grenade launchers, and other weapons of mass death appealing and why so many untreated dudes with mental illnesses get a hankering for some mass murdering?

So no Mr. President, it isn't about the weapons themselves and it isn't about what every other country is doing right, it's all about what greedy, self-loathing, childish, angry-prone American man-children are doing wrong.  Which is, of course, refusing to seek counseling and refusing to vote for the politicians who vote for the funding for people like them to get said counseling and mental health services.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 12:25:07 AM »

Part of my family are hunters and actually own guns. I'm for gun ownership, I just believe competence tests, licenses and registration are needed.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 02:39:50 PM by Virginia »

I carry everyday, sometimes 2 guns and a knife.  Sometimes openly or concealed.

Sometimes you carry 2 guns and a knife on your person? What possible reason do you have for this? Do you live in Somalia or something?

So, you think it'd be legitimate to do that for his own protection if he lived in Somalia?  Because there are neighborhoods in our country every bit as dangerous as Somalia.

Yes I do think it would be legitimate in Somalia. I won't debate the nature of some areas in the US, but 2 guns when there are emergency services with varying response times seems like a bit much. Plus that assumes MK actually lives in these kinds of areas, which I assume(d) he doesn't.

He can carry what he wants, but I still think it's excessive for a regular joe in America, unless someone has a hit out on MK or he is involved in something that demands such arms. I'm not even saying he should or should not do it, but I do find it a bit silly. That's all.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 10:57:52 PM »

I carry everyday, sometimes 2 guns and a knife.  Sometimes openly or concealed.

Sometimes you carry 2 guns and a knife on your person? What possible reason do you have for this? Do you live in Somalia or something?

So, you think it'd be legitimate to do that for his own protection if he lived in Somalia?  Because there are neighborhoods in our country every bit as dangerous as Somalia.

Yes I do think it would be legitimate in Somalia. I won't debate the nature of some areas in the US, but 2 guns when there are emergency services with varying response times seems like a bit much. Plus that assumes MK actually lives in these kinds of areas, which I assume(d) he doesn't.

He can carry what he wants, but I still think it's excessive for a regular joe in America, unless someone has a hit out on MK or he is involved in something that demands such arms. I'm not even saying he should or should not do it, but I do find it a bit silly. That's all.

Not to reveal any other information that i wouldn't want to be revealed.  I did allude to several things in this thread and past posts that would probably give you a reason for carrying 2 guns and other weapons.   
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2016, 09:24:05 AM »

I'm not going to let a thread of mine turn into an outlet so MK can kill more brain cells with his inane drivel.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies