BREAKING: Rubio is Running Again!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  BREAKING: Rubio is Running Again!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: BREAKING: Rubio is Running Again!  (Read 5204 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2016, 07:05:50 PM »

Those pointing out the Florida Democratic Party weakness are, of course, right. Though I'd say that running Rubio is putting a winneable seat for the GOP at jeopardy.
No, Rubio is the best candidate for the GOP to hold the seat.

Until January 3rd next year, you mean?
No. I am serious. Polls show Rubio either winning when no other Republican does, or they show him trailing narrowly when the others get crushed.
He isn't going to hold the seat any better than DeSantis would have.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »

Those pointing out the Florida Democratic Party weakness are, of course, right. Though I'd say that running Rubio is putting a winneable seat for the GOP at jeopardy.
No, Rubio is the best candidate for the GOP to hold the seat.

Until January 3rd next year, you mean?
No. I am serious. Polls show Rubio either winning when no other Republican does, or they show him trailing narrowly when the others get crushed.
He isn't going to hold the seat any better than DeSantis would have.
Rubio, with more name recognition, and the incumbency advantage probably gets a one point boost over DeSantis, I think, regardless of the final outcome.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2016, 07:22:11 PM »

Rubio, with more name recognition, and the incumbency advantage probably gets a one point boost over DeSantis, I think, regardless of the final outcome.

DeSantis doesn't have the baggage of being Little Marco.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2016, 07:23:04 PM »

Hopefully the good people of Florida can recognize that Rubio is just going to use them again to relaunch his presidential ambitions.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2016, 07:24:11 PM »

Hopefully the good people of Florida can recognize that Rubio is just going to use them again to relaunch his presidential ambitions.

That's exactly what the good people of Florida are hoping he does.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2016, 07:28:01 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2016, 07:30:19 PM »

Could you all guys stop behaving like edgy teenagers? The threads about FL politics are becoming insufferable: "I'm right blabla no it's me who is right."
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2016, 07:38:56 PM »

Yes, and the green will be whoever the FL Dems run.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2016, 07:39:44 PM »

CBS Miami exposes Privileged Patrick as a lying fraud. This combined with Rubio's reentry should finish off this loser once and for all.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/06/22/the-making-of-patrick-murphy/

I wonder how Atlas Dems will try to spin their way out of this and defend this imbecile again. Sad! Then again, he might lose to Grayson in the primary at this point.

Either way, Rubio is a lock.

Privileged Patrick. Can we make that an official thing from now until November? Tongue
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2016, 07:42:01 PM »

CBS Miami exposes Privileged Patrick as a lying fraud. This combined with Rubio's reentry should finish off this loser once and for all.

I wonder how Atlas Dems will try to spin their way out of this and defend this imbecile again. Sad! Then again, he might lose to Grayson in the primary at this point.

In all seriousness, this story is very, very bad.  It makes a lot more sense now why Rubio jumped back in.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »

In all seriousness, this story is very, very bad. 

Exactly.

Look, I know you're trolling and you're convinced that this race is safe D with the inevitable titan Murphy, but how will you react when Rubio DOES beat Murphy?

Are you okay? I am slightly disturbed that you've come to such a baseless conclusion. But if such vivid delusions combined with your constant ogling at Kelly Ayotte make you happy, I can accept that for your sake!

Anyway, the Dems' best hope at this point is that Gwen Graham jumps in. However, even if she somehow won the primary, this would probably end up being a 2004 redux. Rubio won't lose.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »

Yes, and the green will be whoever the FL Dems run.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2016, 07:46:23 PM »

Talleyrand, you also think Climbing Maggie will lose, right?

Not necessarily. I think that's the 3rd most likely pickup for Dems (after WI and IL). I see Ayotte outperforming Trump by several points, but Clinton will probably win the state comfortably. I'd peg that one as 50-50.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2016, 07:48:20 PM »

This is looking like Ed Fitzgerald 2.0
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »

Not necessarily. I think that's the 3rd most likely pickup for Dems (after WI and IL). I see Ayotte outperforming Trump by several points, but Clinton will probably win the state comfortably. I'd peg that one as 50-50.

Okay, but why the R-FL avatar if you're not trolling? You're a Democrat and a Murphy supporter.

I'm an independent these days, although I still support Democrats for most races. I can't stand Murphy or Grayson, and would definitely support Rubio over them. I'd back Graham over Rubio, but she isn't running, so that point is moot.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »

Rubio really brings out the worst in a lot of red and blue avatars. Are there any politicians more polarizing on this site?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2016, 07:56:11 PM »

Okay, but why the R-FL avatar if you're not trolling? You're a Democrat and a Murphy supporter.

I'm an independent these days, although I still support Democrats for most races. I can't stand Murphy or Grayson, and would definitely support Rubio over them. I'd back Graham over Rubio, but she isn't running, so that point is moot.

Wow, interesting. Sorry for calling you a troll, but you'll have to agree with me that ironic supporters of a candidate are getting quite annoying these days. Tongue

I don't disagree. Obviously my pro-Rubio statements are somewhat exaggerated, but I am rooting for him to take this one, because Murphy is a disaster waiting to happen and Grayson is the worst.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2016, 07:58:37 PM »

This thread has recently turned into back and forth of folks on ignore.
JMT

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »

Yikes, this story doesn't look good... not sure what will become of this, but Patrick Murphy can't be thrilled about this story.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2016, 08:39:18 PM »

Yikes, this story doesn't look good... not sure what will become of this, but Patrick Murphy can't be thrilled about this story.

And I thought Florida Democrats had finally gotten their act together. That being said, even if Murphy goes down in the primary because of this, Grayson vs. Rubio would probably be a Tossup (or maybe tilt R), wouldn't it? So this wouldn't hurt Democrats THAT much.

Grayson, the same guy who lost reelection in 2010 60-40 in a tossup district?  No way.  He's toxic.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2016, 08:41:04 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2016, 08:51:50 PM by BuckeyeNut »

And I thought Florida Democrats had finally gotten their act together. That being said, even if Murphy goes down in the primary because of this, Grayson vs. Rubio would probably be a Tossup (or maybe tilt R), wouldn't it? So this wouldn't hurt Democrats THAT much.

Grayson, the same guy who lost reelection in 2010 60-40 in a tossup district?  No way.  He's toxic.
I didn't realize R+8 was a Tossup district. Never mind.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2016, 10:37:13 PM »

I had many problems with MarcoBot 1.0, but I hope he gets a chance to upgrade to MarcoBot 2.0 and surprise me. Better than that hun Grayson.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2016, 11:15:10 PM »

If Grayson wins the primary this prob will become likely R. As he is too far left to win in a place like Florida. Not to mention he has serious ethical problems of his own as well.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »

If Grayson wins the primary, this race is Safe R, even if the Republicans nominated a ham sandwich. Quite frankly, I'd even vote for the ham sandwich in that matchup. Murphy is still the Democrats' best bet.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2016, 06:23:34 PM »

If Grayson wins the primary, this race is Safe R, even if the Republicans nominated a ham sandwich. Quite frankly, I'd even vote for the ham sandwich in that matchup. Murphy is still the Democrats' best bet.

Grayson doesn't do that poorly in public polls, and has won Republican areas before. He would definitely not be favored, but it won't be any more of a blowout then it would be under shady Pat Murphy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies