Chicago vs. Madison (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:23:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Chicago vs. Madison (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Chicago vs. Madison
Chicago, IL

Madison, WI

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Chicago vs. Madison  (Read 1479 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« on: June 22, 2016, 10:16:09 AM »

Chicago is obviously my answer. Madison is fine and I would live there (although routinely overrated by Atlas - few of whom have been there), but it is no Chicago.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 07:49:50 PM »

Obviously voted for Madison, but I don't understand why this vote was necessary.

I don't understand why you are asking this. It's a close vote.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 09:55:46 PM »

Obviously voted for Madison, but I don't understand why this vote was necessary.

I don't understand why you are asking this. It's a close vote.

I don't see how you can compare the two. They are two awesome, but very different cities.

Right - so the question is which you like better. That's not saying that there's one you don't like.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 08:19:21 PM »

Madison is a great place to live: beautiful scenery, low stress, low traffic, great for outdoorsy stuff, and full of laid back Wisconsinites. Chicago, while okay for a big city has its problems. Even driving through Chicago is like asking for an aneurysm. Madison's politicians might have a horrible ideology but at least most of them aren't crooks. Also Madison is way better for crime.

Lol I'd love to hear why
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 02:50:06 PM »

Madison is a great place to live: beautiful scenery, low stress, low traffic, great for outdoorsy stuff, and full of laid back Wisconsinites. Chicago, while okay for a big city has its problems. Even driving through Chicago is like asking for an aneurysm. Madison's politicians might have a horrible ideology but at least most of them aren't crooks. Also Madison is way better for crime.

Lol I'd love to hear why

It takes like three hours to drive from one side of the city to another, you should expect to be randomly cut off like six times, and no one bothers with traffic laws whatsoever. Whatever it is, it certainly isn't an enjoyable experience.

Also, the tolls are excessive.

It would take six hours to drive from one end of the city to the other if we all drove like we were from Wisconsin
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 03:22:56 PM »

Lol I'd love to hear why

It takes like three hours to drive from one side of the city to another, you should expect to be randomly cut off like six times, and no one bothers with traffic laws whatsoever. Whatever it is, it certainly isn't an enjoyable experience.

Also, the tolls are excessive.

It would take six hours to drive from one end of the city to the other if we all drove like we were from Wisconsin

SHOTS FIRED! I thought you people were supposed to be 'nice'

I wasn't trying to be mean.

Though, to your observation, Chicagoans tend to be a beautiful mix of Midwest nice and big city attitude. At least that is how I see it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies