Sanders "it doesn't appear I'm going to be the nominee"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders "it doesn't appear I'm going to be the nominee"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sanders "it doesn't appear I'm going to be the nominee"  (Read 2508 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »

And he will give a speech on "where we go from here" in New York tomorrow.

Looks like like Bernie may drop out soon finally.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 03:05:51 PM »

He would be smart and join the Green Party with Jill Stein.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 03:09:05 PM »

And do what? run as her VP? what for?
He'll do well to raise the next generation of democrats so the dems in the house in 2030 will be more Bernie than Clinton
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 03:10:32 PM »

I doubt he's going to drop - the speech would be in Vermont if that were the case.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »

Right, because he wants to throw the election to Trump. Idiocy.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »

Unless he drops out and endorses the nominee his talk about doing everything he can to stop Trump is little more than hot air.
cwt

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 03:16:50 PM »

He'll do well to raise the next generation of democrats so the dems in the house in 2030 will be more Bernie than Clinton

I think Stein said she'd step down and let Sanders be at the top of the ticket if he wants to run with the Greens. Still not a good idea, though.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 03:19:07 PM »

I think Stein said she'd step down and let Sanders be at the top of the ticket if he wants to run with the Greens. Still not a good idea, though.

He says he is part of the effort to keep Trump out of the White House and win it for the Democrats, and I take him at face value.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 03:20:39 PM »

Bernie who?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 03:21:37 PM »

He says he is part of the effort to keep Trump out of the White House and win it for the Democrats, and I take him at face value.

Bernie would NEVER do anything that would allow trump the chance of winning. Period.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 03:27:18 PM »

So, it seems that there will be no concession/endorsement tomorrow. Just a reiteration of his campaign's goals and demands. The guy is becoming the 2016 equivalent of Mike Gravel.
skoods
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »

What happened to having winners and losers of elections? I don't remember people saying John Kerry should get a say in Bush's policies because he only lost by one state. I also don't remember Al Gore getting a say and he received more votes than the winner.

I don't recall Bill Bradley, John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, or Jerry Brown getting much of a say either. But, Bernie should have a say in the Democratic platform? WHAT? Why? Because his sociopathic supporters are self deprecating enough that they'd vote for Trump over Hillary all because they lost?

Ridiculous.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 03:45:44 PM »

Id you guys don't think all of Sanders' moves are being coordinated with Obama and Clinton, I think you're being naive.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »

Id you guys don't think all of Sanders' moves are being coordinated with Obama and Clinton, I think you're being naive.

Tolerated maybe. Otherwise I don't see why they would endorse Sanders' eccentric, and frankly insulting, behavior.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 03:55:51 PM »

What happened to having winners and losers of elections? I don't remember people saying John Kerry should get a say in Bush's policies because he only lost by one state. I also don't remember Al Gore getting a say and he received more votes than the winner.

I don't recall Bill Bradley, John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, or Jerry Brown getting much of a say either. But, Bernie should have a say in the Democratic platform? WHAT? Why? Because his sociopathic supporters are self deprecating enough that they'd vote for Trump over Hillary all because they lost?

Ridiculous.
In the case of party platforms, platforns are usually a result of compromise between different groups at a party. It's a good idea to bring into American politics
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 04:01:17 PM »

Yeah well, I'd also think I probably couldn't be the nominee if I only got 43% of the vote in the primaries.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 04:04:14 PM »

Great observation, Bernie. I believe you may also notice that it doesn't appear the sky is orange and it also doesn't appear that you are conservative.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 04:30:38 PM »

Someone needs to write, like, a Chrome extension that changes all rabid Hillbot posts into something funny.  Otherwise I don't think I'm going to make it on this board.  I already exiled myself from reddit months ago because the hackery was too unbearable there.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2016, 05:17:18 PM by Virginia »

Someone needs to write, like, a Chrome extension that changes all rabid Hillbot posts into something funny.  Otherwise I don't think I'm going to make it on this board.  I already exiled myself from reddit months ago because the hackery was too unbearable there.

I exiled myself from reddit months ago because of the Bernie guys refusing to allow even one positive comment about Hillary, and enforcing such with volleys of downvotes to hide your posts Sad

But yes I agree (to a degree!). He's all but conceded and is indeed working with the Clinton campaign now, slowly but surely. Maybe he's not officially dropping out right now, but it's becoming pretty clear that he intends to help out quite a bit between now and November.

Bernie is a good, honest politician. Personally, he really aggravated the hell out of me by refusing to accept reality and ratcheting up attacks on Clinton even after his path was essentially cut off, which effectively tied up Clinton's time and money for no good reason, but it's done with and he clearly isn't trying to flip superdelegates / turn convention into a sh**t-show. So I don't think there are any good reasons now to trash him. It's not like he is some cheap, 3rd-rate politician who was all in for himself from day 1. Politicians like Bernard are pretty rare.

(ftr, many of his more active/aggressive supporters still piss me off, though, and I'd be lying if I said that didn't sometimes temporarily and unfairly rub off on my opinions of Bernie)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 06:51:07 PM »

Tolerated maybe. Otherwise I don't see why they would endorse Sanders' eccentric, and frankly insulting, behavior.

Because they want his people, and think they'll get a better deal if they remain calm and don't lose their heads? I mean, the guy isn't exactly challenging HRC's nomineeship is he?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 06:54:20 PM »

Great observation, Bernie. I believe you may also notice that it doesn't appear the sky is orange and it also doesn't appear that you are conservative.

The sun is setting right now, so the sky is pretty orange over here
Suck my caulk
DemocratforJillStein
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 06:55:50 PM »

Bernie's a little late to the Party. Of course he will not be the Democratic nominee, and those supporters of his who were paying attention long ago switched our allegiance to Jill Stein.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 06:56:05 PM »

Yeah well, I'd also think I probably couldn't be the nominee if I only got 43% of the vote in the primaries.
44.8% though...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 06:58:43 PM »

Holy sh**t. Guys, this is huge breaking news to Sanders supporters.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 06:59:05 PM »

Because they want his people, and think they'll get a better deal if they remain calm and don't lose their heads? I mean, the guy isn't exactly challenging HRC's nomineeship is he?

That's why I said they just tolerate him. Otherwise I'm sure they view him as a nuisance.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies