Sanders "it doesn't appear I'm going to be the nominee"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:15:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders "it doesn't appear I'm going to be the nominee"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Sanders "it doesn't appear I'm going to be the nominee"  (Read 2510 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »

Yeah,  y'all hillbots would probably be wise to stop with the whining. If you actually wanted anyone to like your candidate, you aren't helping that at all.

That said, it IS very flattering to hear all of this weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth about people like me who will never like her.

If your vote will seriously be swayed by meanie Clinton supporters, then I don't care how you vote.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2016, 07:52:35 PM »

I'm just astounded that it is suddenly ridiculous to expect the loser of a primary election to concede defeat and congratulate his opponent. Especially when the win does have meaningful significance for a historically marginalized group.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 09:25:59 PM »

I'm just astounded that it is suddenly ridiculous to expect the loser of a primary election to concede defeat and congratulate his opponent. Especially when the win does have meaningful significance for a historically marginalized group.

I'm just astounded that it is suddenly ridiculous to expect a large part of the left-wing coalition to forget about airing any legitimate grievances or trying to negotiate any compromises in the party platform and to instead just shut up in and fall in line.  Especially when that part of the coalition has been historically marginalized.

It's almost like people are all Democrats for dumb personality/style-based reasons rather than ideological/policy-based ones.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2016, 01:06:40 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 01:41:44 AM by Ogre Mage »

What is the point of trying to win over Bernie Backers whose support for him was largely based in flat-out hatred for Clinton?  We can point to more than a few members of the forum who are examples of this.  Trying to convince Hillary Haters is a pointless waste of energy.  The arguments about supporting candidates for dumb personality and style based reasons run both ways.

I would also point out that part of my support for Clinton was the fact she was willing to grind out detailed policy plans to fix specific problems, as opposed to sweeping, vaguely detailed proposals which would apparently get done via "revolution."
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 01:39:56 AM »

I'm pretty sure he's saying this for his hardcore supporters, and that he didn't just figure it out himself.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 01:58:23 AM »

What is the point of trying to win over Bernie Backers whose support for him was largely based in flat-out hatred for Clinton?  We can point to more than a few members of the forum who are examples of this.  Trying to convince Hillary Haters is a pointless waste of energy.  The arguments about supporting candidates for dumb personality and style based reasons run both ways.

I would also point out that part of my support for Clinton was the fact she was willing to grind out detailed policy plans to fix specific problems, as opposed to sweeping, vaguely detailed proposals which would apparently get done via "revolution."

That is a very legitimate reason to support Clinton, and I think Sanders needs to bone up on his policy nuts and bolts.  Unfortunately many of Clinton's proposals only happened after she was pushed over the proverbial ledge during the primaries.  Hence why I think Sanders was a better choice.  It'd be nice if we could have both.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies