Atlasians Against Gun Violence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:48:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasians Against Gun Violence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasians Against Gun Violence  (Read 1451 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:01:17 PM »
« edited: June 22, 2016, 10:26:00 PM by Labor Whip and Representative NeverAgain »

We as Atlasians deserve the right to bear arms responsibility, but also to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

There is no sensible argument for the idea that people on the terrorist no-fly list are allowed to purchase weapons, or that the CDC cannot research the effects of gun violence. The idea that every day, 297 people die in Atlasia because they are shot in murders, assaults, suicides & suicide attempts, and unintentional shootings is sickening.

We NEED universal background checks, a 7 day waiting period, and to finally bring back the Federal Assault Weapons Ban that we so desperately need.

That is why in the coming days I will propose common-sense gun legislation and once and make sure that we can at least try to cut down on these atrocities that happen monthly, weekly, and sometimes daily. For if we do not do this, there will be more Orlando's, there will be more San Bernadino's, and there will more tragedic attacks on our children like in Sandy Hook.

I encourage you, citizen of this great nation, to join me in support of these proposals so that we can once and for all end, or at least try and reverse, the horrible obscenity of the fact that more people die of gun violence daily that firearm death rates in Atlasia are higher than the next 6 westernized countries combined.

Thank you.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 10:06:08 PM »

x Peebs
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 10:18:03 PM »

X1184AZ
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:20:22 PM »

I mean, I very much support background checks, but I don't support banning "assault weapons", so I guess I'm too much of a gun nut to be welcomed in this group.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 10:25:15 PM »

I mean, I very much support background checks, but I don't support banning "assault weapons", so I guess I'm too much of a gun nut to be welcomed in this group.

Of course you are welcomed! I am telling you my opinion, but anyone who agrees that gun violence is a problem that should be dealt with. I'd enjoy hearing why you have your opinion and anything else we can do to prevent gun violence.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »

Ah, gotcha. I thought that was more of a platform than a personal opinion, In that case.

X Goldwater
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »

Ah, gotcha. I thought that was more of a platform than a personal opinion, In that case.

X Goldwater

Awesome! Welcome.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 12:03:07 AM »

X Winfield

I have long been an enthusiastic supporter of strong gun control policies and laws.

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 12:10:10 AM »

X tedbessell

Support everything in your platform except for the assault weapons ban.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 01:29:26 AM »

x Flo
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 04:52:45 AM »

x evergreen
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 08:06:16 AM »

Gentlemen, I appreciate where your hearts are, and I know you're trying to make the world a better place.

Every restriction placed on guns only restricts law abiding citizens; criminals already operates with absolute freedom. The only way to combat this is to give good people the same amount of freedom as the bad people.
If you've already changed your moral code to allow yourself to kill a human being, then the decision to break a gun law is already made.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 08:09:24 AM »

Stands in the bellows of the House and starts chanting "Stand And Fight". Then goes and films a commercial for the NRA after donating $5 million dollars to them.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:17 AM »

Gentlemen, I appreciate where your hearts are, and I know you're trying to make the world a better place.

Every restriction placed on guns murder only restricts law abiding citizens; criminals already operates with absolute freedom. The only way to combat this is to give good people the same amount of freedom as the bad people.
welp, i'm convinced. let's legalise murder
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 09:36:02 AM »

Every restriction placed on guns murder only restricts law abiding citizens; criminals already operates with absolute freedom. The only way to combat this is to give good people the same amount of freedom as the bad people.

Unlike owning a gun, murder is a crime that actually harms someone else. Can we please stop this "let's make murder legal" mockery whenever someone suggests legalizing something? It's annoying to constantly explain that murder isn't a victimless crime.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 09:56:09 AM »

This platform is a bit far, but I do believe some small changes can be made to the gun buying system to prevent more mass shootings. With that said, I will not be signing up for this group for now.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »

Unlike owning a gun, murder is a crime that actually harms someone else. Can we please stop this "let's make murder legal" mockery whenever someone suggests legalizing something? It's annoying to constantly explain that murder isn't a victimless crime.

how is that relevant to the argument? it remains a fact that murderers will murder people regardless of whether it's against the law
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 10:37:07 AM »

This platform is a bit far, but I do believe some small changes can be made to the gun buying system to prevent more mass shootings. With that said, I will not be signing up for this group for now.
As I said, it is not a platform. It is my personal opinion. If you are someone against the cruel injustice of mass shootings and gun violence, this is the place to be

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 10:39:35 AM »

I also want to say I am donating as much of my salary as I can possibly live on to this organization inthe hopes that we can end the mass atrocities we see daily.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 12:52:58 PM »

Well should we give all people Nukes since well Nukes don't kill people do? And yes, I'm being sarcastic Tongue

Point besides I support this; the idea of background checks are something that you should need. Heck look how much regulation there is to get a car- Insurance, practical and written test, eye sight test etc
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »

X North Carolina Yankee

Joining the Ted and Goldwater wing of this group. I have long supported background checks and supported the failed Manchin-Toomey bill a few years back. That said, I don't support the Assault Weapons ban as I think it focuses too much on gun appearence and not enough on power of the weapon.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 05:47:31 PM »

x Harry S Truman

Stands in the bellows of the House and starts chanting "Stand And Fight". Then goes and films a commercial for the NRA after donating $5 million dollars to them.
You support arming terrorists?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 05:49:09 PM »

5 million dollars dollars?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 06:48:40 PM »

I have considered this carefully, and I will be deciding to join this group.

x cxs018
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »

x Kingpoleon
Support everything in your platform except for the assault weapons ban.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies