What the hell is wrong with Florida democrats?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:17:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What the hell is wrong with Florida democrats?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What the hell is wrong with Florida democrats?  (Read 3355 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2016, 11:18:38 PM »

Jesus...the hate for my state on here...

They have no mercy
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 12:03:23 AM »

I'm just saying your state Democratic party isn't very competent. Though its not the worst state party.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2016, 12:00:02 PM »

^Pete King is a very moderate Republican. A loud moderate, but a moderate.

I meant both Kings.  Pete King is trash who supported the IRA.

Peter King is a moderate, but he also has neoconservative tendencies. It's very much, in your words "yellow journalism" to say he supported the IRA. He was far too sympathetic to the terrorist organization, but he didn't want us to support them. Unless you found yourself some experts with suspicions.... Tongue

Everybody here can decide for themselves whether Mass Murder Supporter Pete KingS upported the IRA or was merely sympathetic to them.

From Wiki:

"King began actively supporting the Irish republican movement in the late 1970s. He frequently traveled to Northern Ireland to meet with senior members of the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA), many of whom he counted as friends. King compared Gerry Adams, the leader of Sinn Féin, the political wing of the Irish republican movement, to George Washington, and asserted that the "British government is a murder machine."  However, he did not meet Adams until 1984.

King became involved with NORAID, an organization that the British, Irish and U.S. governments had accused of financing IRA activities and providing them with weapons.  Regarding the 30 years of violence during which the IRA killed over 1,700 people, King said, "If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it."

He also called the IRA "the legitimate voice of occupied Ireland". Speaking at a pro-IRA rally in 1982 in Nassau County, New York, King pledged support to "those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry."

In 1985, the Irish government boycotted New York's annual St. Patrick's Day celebrations in protest at King serving as Grand Marshal of the event; the Irish government condemned him as an "avowed" supporter of IRA terrorism.  At the parade he again offered words of support for the IRA.

During the murder trial of an IRA member in the 1980s, a judge in Northern Ireland ejected King from the courtroom, describing King as "an obvious collaborator with the IRA".

At a September 2011 hearing in England concerning terrorism, King said the IRA used British torture as a recruiting tool, but that it has no parallels with American treatment of suspects after 9/11. Labour MP David Winnick commented to King that "there's been some surprise in the United States but also in Britain that you have a job looking into and investigating into terrorism" and added that King "seems to be an apologist for terrorism".

Sounds like a total POS to me and not a person belonging in Congress.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »

I'm just saying your state Democratic party isn't very competent. Though its not the worst state party.

Hah, no worries Zioneer, I was just making a funny
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies