Santander for Representative - Conservatives Unite (Go Vote!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:55:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Santander for Representative - Conservatives Unite (Go Vote!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Santander for Representative - Conservatives Unite (Go Vote!)  (Read 29828 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:03:02 AM »
« edited: October 22, 2016, 05:47:22 AM by Santander »

The Office of Santander, Southern Delegate (Fed-AL)
Huntsville, AL

Recent Updates:
(8/09) Santander for Representative Announcement Speech
(7/11) Standing for our values

A Message from Santander
Friends, thank you for your support in electing me and my Federalist colleagues to a majority in the Southern Legislature and PiT as Governor. Your courage and moral conviction will allow us to usher in a period of real conservative change that we can pass on to our children. Aside from my main office in Huntsville, I have opened constituent services offices in Nashville and Arlington for your convenience. Feel free to contact us for constituent requests, internship opportunities or just to say hi. It is a great honor and pleasure to serve you. God bless you and your family.

Legislative Record
[] Defended God in the public sphere (Regional Symbols Act)
[] Defended voluntary school prayer (Student Religious Liberties Act)
[] Expanded access to higher education without using taxpayer funds (HOPE Act)
[] Stood against the spread of Sharia law in Atlasia. (Universal Justice Act)
[] Passed Open Carry and defended Second Amendment rights in the South region.
[] Defended the Constitution. Every. Single. Day.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:11:50 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 07:02:25 AM by Santander »

Archived: Santander's Southern Assembly Campaign Launch Speech
Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
June 23, 2016

My friends, fellow Southerners. Recently, we witnessed one of the most horrific and saddening moments in this country’s history when an Islamic terrorist killed nearly 50 people and injured dozens more in Orlando. Like you, I think of what kind of country our children will inherit. Will they inherit the Atlasia we love, the greatest and freest country in the world? Or will they live in a nation on the brink, weakened from within by arrogance and denial? Friends, that question has placed me here in front of you tonight, because nothing is more important than protecting our children’s shared inheritance – Atlasia. I am proud to announce that I am running for election to the Southern Assembly!

The Word tells us in Proverbs 29:2, “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice.” Have we been electing righteous leaders? The answer is, it has become far too prevalent in both parties to adopt “progress” and “change” without serious contemplation in order to avoid controversy. Some even refuse to utter the words “radical Islamic terrorism” to avoid offending a small minority of people. Friends, the enemy is not so polite when they incite hatred of us. They do not hate us because we’re free, they hate us because they see us as Christians, as Crusaders. The Orlando terrorist did not attack a gay club because there were homosexuals inside, he attacked it because it represented our tolerance of those who are not like us. We are in a religious war. We did not seek this war, but when the enemy comes to us, do we refuse to accept our identity? Do we renounce Christ? Or do we pick up the sword of Charles Martel, of John Hunyadi, of John of Austria, and drive these radicals to Hell? I will never apologize for defending Atlasia, and if our leaders in Nyman do not keep us safe, we in the South must do it ourselves.

On the domestic front, we must stand for the values that made us great. We stand for life. We stand for marriage. We stand for religious liberty. We stand for economic liberty. I will work with like-minded Laborites and Federalists alike to defend the right to life, from the unborn to the elderly to the disabled. It is an affront to our founding principles to allow government to usurp the supremacy of our creator and legislate what life is worthy of preservation or not. Let me tell you something - you have never met a human being that God doesn’t love, and you never will.

In today’s Atlasia, the federal government is suing Catholic nuns and charities for refusing to pay for abortion-inducing drugs. In my native Kentucky, we saw a county clerk jailed for refusing to act against her Christian faith. Our children are being told that they cannot even celebrate Christmas anymore. My friends, we cannot allow the criminalization of Christianity to continue, and we must stop it here in the South! This country was built upon religious liberty, and we cannot stand idle while militant secularists attack our faith and traditions. As your elected deputy, I will introduce legislation to restore our values and our religious liberty, and I will never vote for any bill that undermines the sovereignty of God or undermines our freedoms. Only our piety will defeat the zealotry of our enemies.

I’m a Christian, an Atlasian and a Laborite, in that order. Unfortunately, there are many in my party who are ashamed of who we are and where we came from. I am not one of them. On the other side of the aisle, many Federalists would be better served if they put down the books of Ayn Rand and picked up the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I will never let my party affiliation get in the way of representing you. Jesus tells us that we are the light of the world. But light is useless unless it is pointed into the dark. My friends, it is time to shine our light into the dark and redeem the promise of Atlasia. Thank you, God bless you and God bless the South!

Campaign Announcements:
Statement on the British Referendum on the European Union
Statement on the June Presidential Election
Call for Southern Legislature Candidates

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 08:06:18 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2016, 08:13:35 AM by Classic Conservative »

Endorsed!!! You'd make a great representative and we must make sure the criminalization of Christianity and the adaptation of Sharia Law stops here in Atlasia!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:28:58 AM »

Nice seeing candidates who are active, eager and have a detailed platform. Best of luck! Smiley
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 09:56:37 AM »

Nice seeing candidates who are active, eager and have a detailed platform. Best of luck! Smiley
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 11:00:02 AM »

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 11:08:16 AM »

NOT gonna be banned soon
Golfman76
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 11:18:19 AM »

Hey, thank you for inspiring me to write my own little speech.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 12:45:25 PM »

Endorsed!!! You'd make a great representative and we must make sure the criminalization of Christianity and the adaptation of Sharia Law stops here in Atlasia!!
I'm honored. Thank you!

Hey, thank you for inspiring me to write my own little speech.
Good luck.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 03:15:23 PM »

Hey, good job at drawing this up. Endorsed.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »

Hey, good job at drawing this up. Endorsed.
Thank you!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 05:44:01 PM »

What is your position on labor rights? Also,

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 05:59:18 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2016, 06:02:18 PM by Santander »

What is your position on labor rights? Also,
I support collective bargaining and the rights of workers to organize. Ultimately, my commitment to workers is why I am a member of Labor. I also acknowledge management rights and the existence of some degree of union corruption, but we should never forget that it was organized labor that ended child labor, established the 40-hour work week and created workplace safety standards. I oppose right-to-work and support a right to strike for employees who do not work in essential positions.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 06:01:47 PM »

We certainly don't agree on everything, but I can tell you'll go far.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 12:53:19 AM »

Statement on the British Referendum on the European Union
June 23, 2016

Tonight, voters in the UK have voted to leave the European Union. Turnout was very high, and I would like to congratulate both sides on their vigorous campaigns and their commitment to democracy. Atlasia's special relationship with the UK and our economic and cultural ties with the EU remain as strong as ever, and I look forward to furthering these relationships for our region in the Assembly. I pray that the British people can come together to heal their divisions and that Europe will continue to exist in a spirit of peace and cooperation. We will need their solidarity to assist in our fight against terrorism.

The referendum came down to many of the same issues that we face in Atlasia - open borders, government overreach, unchecked globalism, and the erosion of traditional institutions. Let this serve as a warning to federal leaders in Atlasia that they cannot continue to undermine the sovereignty of the states without consequences. Perhaps above all, the EU referendum was a referendum on culture and identity. People all across the Western world are telling their leaders that they have had enough of the insensitive policies that have caused the Balkanization of our societies, and I think it's safe to say that they hear us now.

We in the South face similar decisions - what kind of region, what kind of country, do we want to live in? Often, conservatives do not use the right messaging to express their views and are seen as fearful of progress and clinging to the past. I submit that the best guidance on how to proceed in the future is from the collective wisdom of our forebears and the institutions they passed down to us. As your voice in the Southern Assembly, I will work every day to defend our founding principles and apply them to the challenges we face today.

- Santander
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 03:33:13 AM »

Endorsed.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 03:56:01 AM »

Thank you!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 09:35:08 AM »

With all due respect, Santander, I feel compelled to ask - do you feel that Christianity should be established as the official religion of Atlasia?  Furthermore, do you endorse the teaching of creationism in school science classes?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 10:18:43 AM »

I don't necessarily agree with all your views, but we need more active Atlasians with more detailed plans. Endorsed.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 11:06:34 AM »

With all due respect, Santander, I feel compelled to ask - do you feel that Christianity should be established as the official religion of Atlasia?  Furthermore, do you endorse the teaching of creationism in school science classes?
I do not believe we should have a state religion in Atlasia or in the South. I am not opposed to the teaching of creationism in schools, but I do not believe that it belongs in public schools or funded by government in private schools.

I don't necessarily agree with all your views, but we need more active Atlasians with more detailed plans. Endorsed.
Thank you!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 12:57:05 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 01:36:34 PM »

Thank you!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 09:48:31 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2016, 09:50:48 PM by Santander »

Statement on the June Presidential Election
June 26, 2016

This weekend, Atlasians went to the polls to fulfill their most important responsibility - electing a new President - and their message was clear. When given a choice between collectivism and liberty, they chose liberty. I would like to congratulate President-Elect Leinad and Vice President-Elect Lumine for assembling a broad coalition of conservatives, centrists, and freedom lovers of every political affiliation. I pray for their success in the White House, and look forward to working with their administration in the Southern Assembly.

The results of the election have made it clear that my political views do not fit the ideological consensus of the Labor Party. Earlier today, I informed the Registrar General's office that I was switching my party affiliation from Labor to the Federalist Party. You, the working people of the South, were the reason I decided to enter politics, and let me assure you that I will never forget where I came from, and I will never turn my back on you. I am still in this race for the same reasons - to fight for your values, your region, and your freedom. Friends, I invite you to join me as we shine our light into the dark and redeem the promise of Atlasia. God bless you.

- Santander
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 09:57:56 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States