Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:05:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday  (Read 1337 times)
Seriously?
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2016, 09:01:32 AM »

There goes that red avatar talking point.....

"Donald Trump and his joint fundraising committee have raised at least $11 million since Tuesday morning, Republicans said Wednesday, a tremendously quick haul that comes amid concerns about his fundraising ability."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/politics/donald-trump-11-million-since-tuesday/
skoods
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:07:22 AM »

Dang! He's now got about a quarter of what Clinton has on hand. This election is over. All hail President Drumpf.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 09:08:13 AM »

Wow! He did something he had to do to survive. Very impressive.
psychprofessor

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:21:22 AM »

so I guess he isn't self-funding and is beholden to Republican donors. SAD. His whole appeal in the primaries was that he wouldn't accept outside money or have Super PACs. I wonder if the "liberal media" will call him out on this blatant flip-flop?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »

I think he said in the primaries he wont take money until the GE.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 09:47:01 AM »

That is correct.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 10:23:08 AM »

so I guess he isn't self-funding and is beholden to Republican donors. SAD. His whole appeal in the primaries was that he wouldn't accept outside money or have Super PACs. I wonder if the "liberal media" will call him out on this blatant flip-flop?

Hes still viewed as the anti establishment candidate not taking big money because of course the left wing media couldn't wait to brag about Hillary getting all this money and how no donors were coming to help trump. 

Like ive said before, if trumps campaign was skilled enough they could use this against the left.  How can you honestly brag and boast about big money influence yet praise the Sanders platform?

Are Berine voters that stupid and gullible?
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »

Of course he is finished.

I doubt I could respect anyone who cut a check to Donald Trump.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 12:50:10 PM »

In a matter of 72 hours I've went from thinking this campaign is doomed to otherwise.

The past day or so, with his strategy, tone, website, and such, shows he's starting to work more closely with the RNC and his team is taking a new attitude into the GE.
psychprofessor

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 12:53:48 PM »

Isn't half this amount a gift, since he matches what is brought in? So in reality he "raised" half this amount, no?

And how could any self-respecting individual actually contribute small money to Trump knowing full well that he lines his own Trump pockets, with receipts to Trump Tower, Mar-A-Lago, Trump Hotels and other Trump entities.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 12:55:59 PM »

The past day or so, with his strategy, tone, website, and such, shows he's starting to work more closely with the RNC and his team is taking a new attitude into the GE.

It goes beyond working with the RNC, he is literally outsourcing major parts of his campaign to the RNC. For example, it was reported that the rapid response to Clinton's speech this week was done by the RNC. And I believe half of the money raised this week actually goes to the RNC Victory fund not Trump's campaign and of course the fundraising itself was done by the RNC, note it was the RNC that announced it.

Basically this week there was an intervention and the RNC has essentially taken over. However, that is not a long term proposition. They cannot run his campaign, they don't have the staff for that and they need to help with the House, Senate, and state races. So Manafort and Trump need to gear up bigly and speedly.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »

In a matter of 72 hours I've went from thinking this campaign is doomed to otherwise.

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »

Wow, what a ride!  Looks like the #pivottothegeneral is finally happening.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 01:00:47 PM »

Isn't half this amount a gift, since he matches what is brought in? So in reality he "raised" half this amount, no?

And how could any self-respecting individual actually contribute small money to Trump knowing full well that he lines his own Trump pockets, with receipts to Trump Tower, Mar-A-Lago, Trump Hotels and other Trump entities.
The article is clear that this is NOT inclusive of matching.
skoods
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 01:05:06 PM »

Hes still viewed as the anti establishment candidate not taking big money because of course the left wing media couldn't wait to brag about Hillary getting all this money and how no donors were coming to help trump. 

Like ive said before, if trumps campaign was skilled enough they could use this against the left.  How can you honestly brag and boast about big money influence yet praise the Sanders platform?

Are Berine voters that stupid and gullible?

Except the one thing I've never understood is how he can get away with saying he's not beholden to big banks or big business when HE IS THE BIG BUSINESS! He's already cut checks from his campaign to his corporations. If he's elected president, he may not lead in the interest of Wall St or Goldman Sachs. But, he WILL lead in the interest of Trump Plaza and Trump Steaks.

He is a walking, talking corporation. I don't get how he isn't portrayed as one.

Oh yeah, that Liberal media.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »

Boom! Tell me again how TRUMP's campaign is in decline.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 01:17:05 PM »

Okay, but many of us were saying that we didn't think he was finished. He still remains a yuge underdog.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »

That is correct.

Not really. Many times in the primaries he bragged about self-funding and never mentioned exceptions to that. The whole point was to convince voters that his entire campaign was self-funded and that he couldn't be bought. His implications were obvious and just because he occasionally threw in "just for the primary" doesn't mean anything. It's obvious what he was trying to get voters to believe.
Suck my caulk
DemocratforJillStein
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2016, 01:42:35 PM by Democrat for Jill Stein »

I don't understand why a middle-class person would give money to Trump, since he claims to be worth $10 billion. Even if you love his policies and vote for him enthusiastically, he can finance his own campaign. In 1992, Ross Perot wrote checks to match all of the money Bush and Clinton receive, and ended up receiving 19%of the vote; why can't Trump do this? I find it offensive that Trump is even asking for money from people making $40,000 a year (average middle-class salary). My mom is a diehard Trump supporter making that amount, and she sent him $10.00. I just can't imagine sending this man $1.00, not even because of his positions, but because he can afford to fund himself, but does not, it seems. If Bernie Sanders ( who I sent around $300 to in the primaries) was a billionaire, I would not send him a penny either, because he can do it himself. Why should I (a person who makes $10 an hour at a part-time job) be asked to finance a billionaire's campaign?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »

That is correct.

Not really. Many times in the primaries he bragged about self-funding and never mentioned exceptions to that. The whole point was to convince voters that his entire campaign was self-funded and that he couldn't be bought. His implications were obvious and just because he occasionally threw in "just for the primary" doesn't mean anything. It's obvious what he was trying to get voters to believe.

He was pretty clear about the need for funding for the GE when asked in a number of debates. I remember Trump explicitly saying that he would not need money for the primary, but would take it from the party for the general.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 03:17:13 PM »

He does not get a very large cut from the fundraising committee. Most of that 11 million goes to the RNC/state parties.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 03:47:35 PM »

Except the one thing I've never understood is how he can get away with saying he's not beholden to big banks or big business when HE IS THE BIG BUSINESS! He's already cut checks from his campaign to his corporations. If he's elected president, he may not lead in the interest of Wall St or Goldman Sachs. But, he WILL lead in the interest of Trump Plaza and Trump Steaks.

He is a walking, talking corporation. I don't get how he isn't portrayed as one.

Oh yeah, that Liberal media.

I agree. Do his followers really think that Trump is out for the middle class? Really? Trump is out for Trump and his business class. Look at his life. What does he ever do to help others?

Just because he says something doesn't make it true. But people are eating up his shtick.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »

He was pretty clear about the need for funding for the GE when asked in a number of debates. I remember Trump explicitly saying that he would not need money for the primary, but would take it from the party for the general.

What, after many months of blasting politicians who take money from donors and calling them bought and paid for? So his intention was to say he would only turn into a bought-and-paid-for scumbag politician once the primary was over? He did not start out his campaign telling everyone "I'm self-funding, but only for the primary", no, he just said "self-funding" and continued to lay into politicians who take money, labeling them in so many words as corrupt. Only after he gained traction and spent time drilling it into supporters heads that he was self-funding did he begin to introduce these caveats, and even then there were still times where he only said self-funding and nothing more.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/11/469588-donald-trump-keeps-saying-his-campaign-is-self-funded-but-that-is-just-not-true/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Look at that quote from Lewandowski. Who is going to derive "only the primary" from that? Not the average Trump supporter for sure. These kinds of statements from Trump and his surrogates continued on and on and on.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/688829594472939520

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What on earth do you think people will derive from that tweet? That Trump supporters all somehow know he's self-funding only the primary? No. They just remember that he's self-funding because these kinds of misleading statements have been used by him, surrogates and campaign staff since he started. Trump does this with everything - He makes some sort of promise or proposal, then he backtracks or introduces caveats later on after people already believe he is doing what he originally said. Nothing is set in stone for him and people are led to believe in one thing while he does another.

This is bs and I'm sick and tired of his supporters going around, raising their finger with their eyes shut and saying "Oh, but you forgot, he said this and that, so that's wrong". Well guess what, he says this and that all day long, flip-flopping so many times that no one knows where he stands. He spends months convincing people he'll do something, then begins flip-flopping after he sees his supporters associate him with what he originally promised.

It's pretty clear what he wanted his supporters to think. He wanted them to believe he was self-funding his entire campaign, not just his primary campaign.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »

How many Republican debates did you watch, Virginia. I saw pretty much all of them except the one Trump wasn't in and one other. Trust me, he was explicit about what he needed to do for the general.

These are pretty much small dollar donations from non-special interests right now.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »

Virginia, think about this: Trump most likely did not think that far ahead. He probably was going to self-fund his campaign when he started out.

After he started winning the primaries and getting the nomination and surprising even himself, and after talking with the RNC, maybe it was then he realized he needed funding help.

But still, I agree that he lead everyone to believe that he was going to self-fund the entire thing. His ignorance is showing big time everywhere that he didn't think very far ahead of the "game".
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies