Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:56:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday  (Read 1338 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 04:01:06 PM »

How many Republican debates did you watch, Virginia. I saw pretty much all of them except the one Trump wasn't in and one other. Trust me, he was explicit about what he needed to do for the general.

These are pretty much small dollar donations from non-special interests right now.

I watched almost all of them myself, and I don't recall hearing what you are saying Trump said. What I took away from those debates is that he is self-funding his campaign. Period.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 04:12:48 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2016, 04:16:44 PM by Seriously? »

How many Republican debates did you watch, Virginia. I saw pretty much all of them except the one Trump wasn't in and one other. Trust me, he was explicit about what he needed to do for the general.

These are pretty much small dollar donations from non-special interests right now.

I watched almost all of them myself, and I don't recall hearing what you are saying Trump said. What I took away from those debates is that he is self-funding his campaign. Period.
I'm working, so I can't go into a deep dive, but this is what Manafort said on Face the Nation in June. Trump has said the same thing as well.

DICKERSON: In terms of funding a general election, Mr. Trump has talked a lot about how he's self-funded. Will he be able to main that through a general?

MANAFORT: Well, what he's -- he's been a candidate running for the nomination. Once he is the nominee of the Republican Party, he has further responsibilities besides his own candidacy, where he will -- is the head of the ticket and where he is committed to making sure that Nancy Pelosi is never speaker of the House again and that -- that Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer remain in the minority of the Senate. So he's indicated that he'd be willing to work with -- is going to work with leaders of the Republican Party and the various committees help raise money for them as part of the overall ticket.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-the-nation-transcripts-may-1-2016-cruz-sanders-graham-manafort/

Trump in WV for the GE campaign in May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRQRv_Nft1w
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2016, 04:20:04 PM by Virginia »

Omg stop with the debates. I don't care if he slipped it in there and I never said he didn't. I said that he only later began introducing these exceptions and caveats to his self-funding scheme. He goes around the country ranting in front of thousands of people time after time and has his staff/supporters on news shows saying completely different things. He intentionally mislead people and I articulated my point in my last post. Trump intentionally mislead people into thinking he would self-fund his entire presidential campaign. Most of his supporters do not pay as much attention to this stuff as you do.

We're just going in circles now. Believe what you want to believe, but the general consensus among most supporters has never been "oh, only self-funding for the primary!", unless you're talking about the consensus of Trump supporters who intensely follow his campaign.

This is basically what I'm saying, except for his entire campaign. Sometimes he said he was only self-funding the primary, but that was later on, and most of the time he only said he was self-funding, and nothing more. This led people to believe he was self-funding the entire thing. It doesn't matter if he later began saying "only for the primary", he already created a narrative and people already bought into it.

He does this crap for everything. Seriously? doesn't get what I'm saying. He seems to think that because Trump began saying he'd only fund his primary campaign, that it somehow erases the fact that he told millions of supporters previously that he would self-fund, with no exceptions. Every time he mentioned self-funding, he didn't always throw in "only for the primary". That is an important distinction.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »

Sorry Seriously? but Trump started out telling everyone that he was self-funding his campaign and was beholden to nobody. And he was putting all the others down for accepting large donations and money from super pacs.

It was a big part of his appeal last year going into this year. You can't deny that.

But once again he is back peddling on something he said. And he may have said it in ignorance since he probably didn't expect to get as far as he did. Nevertheless, he's now going to be among the rest of the schmucks who are "beholden" to others for money.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »

Omg stop with the debates. I don't care if he slipped it in there and I never said he didn't. I said that he only later began introducing these exceptions and caveats to his self-funding scheme. He goes around the country ranting in front of thousands of people time after time and has his staff/supporters on news shows saying completely different things. He intentionally mislead people and I articulated my point in my last post. Trump intentionally mislead people into thinking he would self-fund his entire presidential campaign. Most of his supporters do not pay as much attention to this stuff as you do.

We're just going in circles now. Believe what you want to believe, but the general consensus among most supporters has never been "oh, only self-funding for the primary!", unless you're talking about the consensus of Trump supporters who intensely follow his campaign.

This is basically what I'm saying, except for his entire campaign. Sometimes he said he was only self-funding the primary, but that was later on, and most of the time he only said he was self-funding, and nothing more. This led people to believe he was self-funding the entire thing. It doesn't matter if he later began saying "only for the primary", he already created a narrative and people already bought into it.

He does this crap for everything. Seriously? doesn't get what I'm saying. He seems to think that because Trump began saying he'd only fund his primary campaign, that it somehow erases the fact that he told millions of supporters previously that he would self-fund, with no exceptions. Every time he mentioned self-funding, he didn't always throw in "only for the primary". That is an important distinction.
Self-funding $1 billion even for a billionaire is a lot of money. Most billionaires (Bill Gates included) are rich on paper and their fortunes are tied up in stock or real estate or other investments and not easily liquidated. I personally can't blame the guy.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 04:25:57 PM »

Sorry Seriously? but Trump started out telling everyone that he was self-funding his campaign and was beholden to nobody. And he was putting all the others down for accepting large donations and money from super pacs.

It was a big part of his appeal last year going into this year. You can't deny that.

But once again he is back peddling on something he said. And he may have said it in ignorance since he probably didn't expect to get as far as he did. Nevertheless, he's now going to be among the rest of the schmucks who are "beholden" to others for money.
Right now he is beholden to no one. All he's taken money from are the same folks Bernie has -- ordinary citizens.

And again, he's been consistent about needing to fundraise along with the RNC when the general rolled around.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 04:26:13 PM »

Seriously?, you're just making excuses for the guy now. Not buying it.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 04:35:53 PM »

Seriously?, you're just making excuses for the guy now. Not buying it.
He's made the comment multiple times. Go look at the youtube link above.  This is hardly a new revelation.
DS0816
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 08:16:46 PM »

So, instead of Donald Trump continuing to punk nearly everyone who hung on his every word spoken, his every Twitter Tweeted, and his every fart released…Donald Trump is now going to play for second place in this 2016 United States presidential election!?

Fine.

Thank you for this “report”!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 11:28:11 PM »

We'll see what he reports to the FEC.

TrumpMiller is such a well known liar, statements like this can't really be taken seriously when there's any connection to Trump's campaign.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 01:48:15 AM »

Boom! Tell me again how TRUMP's campaign is in decline.

They'll be happy to.  The Trump Deniers won't quit.

It's not whether or not Trump wins or loses that's amazing; it's the fact that Trump has exposed how much more he knows than his opposition, and how behind the curve they are.  If they were not behind the curve, someone else would be the presumptive GOP Presidential nominee at this point.  This is what kills the Trump Deniers; the fact that Little Hands Drumpf, Miller, Donald Dump, or whatever you want to label him as, tied your favorite candidate in knots.

The folks who say Trump can't win are nuts.  Trump's the ONLY candidate who's proven he can win in the MOST unfavorable conditions, going against the grain.  Indeed, Trump pulled off the equivalent of a hostile takeover of the GOP, and he's going to make them like it.  Really, what candidate since William Jennings Bryan in 1896 has pulled this off?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 08:22:16 AM »

I don't understand why a middle-class person would give money to Trump, since he claims to be worth $10 billion. Even if you love his policies and vote for him enthusiastically, he can finance his own campaign. In 1992, Ross Perot wrote checks to match all of the money Bush and Clinton receive, and ended up receiving 19%of the vote; why can't Trump do this? I find it offensive that Trump is even asking for money from people making $40,000 a year (average middle-class salary). My mom is a diehard Trump supporter making that amount, and she sent him $10.00. I just can't imagine sending this man $1.00, not even because of his positions, but because he can afford to fund himself, but does not, it seems. If Bernie Sanders ( who I sent around $300 to in the primaries) was a billionaire, I would not send him a penny either, because he can do it himself. Why should I (a person who makes $10 an hour at a part-time job) be asked to finance a billionaire's campaign?

I agree. I gave Obama money in '08 but I won't give Hillary money this time, given how wealthy she is. I would only consider it if she used a significant fraction of her own money and still needed more. Giving Trump money is on a whole other level, especially with how much he brags about his wealth.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 01:18:18 PM »

I agree. I gave Obama money in '08 but I won't give Hillary money this time, given how wealthy she is. I would only consider it if she used a significant fraction of her own money and still needed more. Giving Trump money is on a whole other level, especially with how much he brags about his wealth.

Bill and Hillary Clinton's estimated net worth is $111 million dollars. That is not even close to enough to finance a serious presidential campaign. Even if she used up all her money, which is an insanely unreasonable expectation, it wouldn't even come close to being enough. Further, net worth estimates aren't representative of their liquid assets, or in other words, it doesn't mean they have 111 million dollars ready to spend, though to be fair much more of their net worth is probably liquid compared to say, the Donald.

They need substantial donations just as much as the next candidate. Trump could actually sell property to finance his campaign (which he most likely won't), but the Clinton family has no such means.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2016, 02:08:02 PM »

Bill and Hillary Clinton's estimated net worth is $111 million dollars. That is not even close to enough to finance a serious presidential campaign. Even if she used up all her money, which is an insanely unreasonable expectation, it wouldn't even come close to being enough. Further, net worth estimates aren't representative of their liquid assets, or in other words, it doesn't mean they have 111 million dollars ready to spend, though to be fair much more of their net worth is probably liquid compared to say, the Donald.

They need substantial donations just as much as the next candidate. Trump could actually sell property to finance his campaign (which he most likely won't), but the Clinton family has no such means.

But what I'm saying is if you have 100 million dollars and want a billion, I don't want to help out with my $30 until help out with your $30 million, or something pretty substantial. If she wants to hold on to her fortune and hope the money still flows into the campaign, yeah that's fine. People can do whatever they want with their money. But I don't want to give a millionaire money if they're not spending any of their own.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2016, 02:25:59 PM »

But what I'm saying is if you have 100 million dollars and want a billion, I don't want to help out with my $30 until help out with your $30 million, or something pretty substantial. If she wants to hold on to her fortune and hope the money still flows into the campaign, yeah that's fine. People can do whatever they want with their money. But I don't want to give a millionaire money if they're not spending any of their own.

That's fair I suppose. I wouldn't doubt that she puts some of her own money into this at some point, but I do seriously doubt it would be as much as 30 million.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

I wonder how much of that was funneled by the FSB via front groups and undercovers.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »

Bill and Hillary are worth $111 MILLION dollars?  Folks who were "dead broke" in the late 1990s?  (Well, folks who, at a time, showed a negative net worth.)

What did they manufacture to get so rich?  What goods or services did they provide to be 1/10th of the way onto being billionaires?

And it happened all the while Hillary, herself was holding public office, elective or appointive.

I've not been one to pick the Clintons to death on this issue, but $111 million dollars is a lot of Green Stamps for someone who was financially under water less than 20 years ago.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2016, 03:04:33 PM »

What did they manufacture to get so rich?  What goods or services did they provide to be 1/10th of the way onto being billionaires?

Seems they have made more:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2015/10/13/how-the-clintons-made-more-than-230-million-after-leaving-the-white-house/#7535e08b791e

And it happened all the while Hillary, herself was holding public office, elective or appointive.

To be fair, the bulk of that net worth figure is from Bill, who is free to give speeches and write books or whatever else.

I've not been one to pick the Clintons to death on this issue, but $111 million dollars is a lot of Green Stamps for someone who was financially under water less than 20 years ago.

It is a lot (in my eyes), but I am pretty sure many people have made more money in less time in modern American history.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »

Boom! Tell me again how TRUMP's campaign is in decline.

They'll be happy to.  The Trump Deniers won't quit.

It's not whether or not Trump wins or loses that's amazing; it's the fact that Trump has exposed how much more he knows than his opposition, and how behind the curve they are.  If they were not behind the curve, someone else would be the presumptive GOP Presidential nominee at this point.  This is what kills the Trump Deniers; the fact that Little Hands Drumpf, Miller, Donald Dump, or whatever you want to label him as, tied your favorite candidate in knots.

No he really didn't. He ran away from my favorite candidate, like the cowardly sack of lying Cheeto feces he is.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies