Who wins now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:48:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who wins now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: -skip-
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 121

Author Topic: Who wins now?  (Read 2511 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2016, 11:18:12 PM »

I wonder how "Brexit" will affect the election..
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:20:31 PM »

It won't.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:27 PM »

BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:16 PM »

Horse hockey "it won't." It will have ramifications on the global economy, and those ramifications will be negative, and those will help Trump.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 11:27:47 PM »

I wonder how "Brexit" will affect the election..
It will have a negligible impact.

However, it does show an anti-immigrant, anti-establishment mood that really is a world-wide phenomenon.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 11:29:41 PM »

I love how you say 'anti-immigrant' like you aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

I also find it hilarious how Trump is winning this poll. Classic Old Atlas overreaction.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 11:37:39 PM »

I love how you say 'anti-immigrant' like you aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

I also find it hilarious how Trump is winning this poll. Classic Old Atlas overreaction.
What else would you like me to call it? It's anti-immigrant. The British working class is fed up with immigration control being ceded to Brussels. They voted their pocketbook. I can't blame them.

If Americans were smart, they'd realize that for every two illegal immigrants here, there's one fewer American with a job. My guess is that if Trump can harness that, he'll win the election.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 11:42:20 PM »

Mrs. Clinton, in a landslide.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 11:43:53 PM »

This election is a Tossup, regardless of Brexit or current polls.
Sage.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 11:44:10 PM »

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 11:47:22 PM »

It might have an effect on the 2020 election.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 11:54:40 PM »

It won't have an impact because most people here don't even know what that is. It's not even a binding referendum, so Parliament can reject it and probably will because of negative economic impact. And besides that, nothing is going to benefit a candidate like Trump who is glaringly unqualified to be President.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 11:56:28 PM »

Horse hockey "it won't." It will have ramifications on the global economy, and those ramifications will be negative, and those will help Trump.
It's extremely unlikely those ramifications would happen quickly enuf to affect the U.S. economy in a way that affects the election. It's less unlikely, but still unlikely, that the example of what happens to the U.K. economy could turn voters here away from simplistic jingoism.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 12:02:04 AM »

It won't have an impact because most people here don't even know what that is. It's not even a binding referendum, so Parliament can reject it and probably will because of negative economic impact. And besides that, nothing is going to benefit a candidate like Trump who is glaringly unqualified to be President.

People will know when all the major news shows/papers/whatever have headlines about this in the next couple of days, which of course they will. And while Cameron could just go on as if nothing happened, the backlash would be pretty tremendous if he did. Yes, his next election isn't until 2020 but still.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 12:18:20 AM »

I don't think it will benefit him just because the vote succeeded, but more because of the economic fallout that he'll use and turn around on the Dems.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 12:19:24 AM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 12:26:36 AM »

Still Lean/Likely Hillary.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 12:27:09 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 12:35:25 AM by L'exquisite Douleur »

The actual "Brexit" won't even happen until well after the election. I'm reading it could take as long as two years for the UK to fully withdraw.

If anything the immediate impact will be POSITIVE for the US economy since the dollar is now worth a lot more in comparison to the pound.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 12:30:06 AM »

People will know when all the major news shows/papers/whatever have headlines about this in the next couple of days, which of course they will. And while Cameron could just go on as if nothing happened, the backlash would be pretty tremendous if he did. Yes, his next election isn't until 2020 but still.

Yeah it'll be in the news, but why would that matter to how people vote here? I don't think any Hillary voters are going to hear it and think "Oh wow the UK just voted for something Donald Trump would support if he was British...I guess he's right after all!"
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 12:49:43 AM »

The actual "Brexit" won't even happen until well after the election. I'm reading it could take as long as two years for the UK to fully withdraw.

If anything the immediate impact will be POSITIVE for the US economy since the dollar is now worth a lot more in comparison to the pound.

A strong dollar isn't good for American exporters.  It makes American-made goods more expensive overseas.  Imports to the U.S. would get cheaper, but we don't exactly need deflation right now.  I guess it's good if you're in the market for a Jaguar, but most Americans aren't.  Trade with Great Britain is pretty balanced - there's not much of a deficit or surplus.

Anyway, the currency exchange rates always fluctuate.  The Pound is probably oversold right now. The situation will correct itself over the next week.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 01:07:31 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 01:13:56 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Well, the same tides that led to the Brexit are also helping to support Trump. If the short-term economic fallout of the Brexit vote is actually bad in a way that dominates the news for some time, Americans might get a little frightened of a similar risky bet on Trump.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 01:09:50 AM »

Well, the same tides that led to the Brexit are also helping to support Trump. If the short-term economic fallout of the Brexit vote is actually bad in a way the dominates the news for some time, Americans might get a little frightened of a similar risky bet on Trump.
skoods
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 06:25:31 AM »

Sadly, I'm beginning to think that there's just enough idiots and BernieBros in America to swing this election towards Trump.

America won't get the leader it needs. They'll get the leader they deserve. Goodbye, liberty. Hello, Fascism.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 07:57:28 AM »

Sadly, I'm beginning to think that there's just enough idiots and BernieBros in America to swing this election towards Trump.

America won't get the leader it needs. They'll get the leader they deserve. Goodbye, liberty. Hello, Fascism.

Then why are they not showing up in the polls now?

(Brexit polls showed around a tie or very narrow remain lead so that's not comparable)
skoods
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 08:05:15 AM »

Polls in June mean nothing. Just wait until the GOP smear machine rallies behind their racist leader and starts to blame everything on Hispanics and blacks.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies