Who wins now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:49:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who wins now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 121

Author Topic: Who wins now?  (Read 2566 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 23, 2016, 11:20:31 PM »

It won't.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 12:27:09 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 12:35:25 AM by L'exquisite Douleur »

Horse hockey "it won't." It will have ramifications on the global economy, and those ramifications will be negative, and those will help Trump.

The actual "Brexit" won't even happen until well after the election. I'm reading it could take as long as two years for the UK to fully withdraw.

If anything the immediate impact will be POSITIVE for the US economy since the dollar is now worth a lot more in comparison to the pound.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 12:30:06 AM »

It won't have an impact because most people here don't even know what that is. It's not even a binding referendum, so Parliament can reject it and probably will because of negative economic impact. And besides that, nothing is going to benefit a candidate like Trump who is glaringly unqualified to be President.

People will know when all the major news shows/papers/whatever have headlines about this in the next couple of days, which of course they will. And while Cameron could just go on as if nothing happened, the backlash would be pretty tremendous if he did. Yes, his next election isn't until 2020 but still.

Yeah it'll be in the news, but why would that matter to how people vote here? I don't think any Hillary voters are going to hear it and think "Oh wow the UK just voted for something Donald Trump would support if he was British...I guess he's right after all!"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:57:28 AM »

Sadly, I'm beginning to think that there's just enough idiots and BernieBros in America to swing this election towards Trump.

America won't get the leader it needs. They'll get the leader they deserve. Goodbye, liberty. Hello, Fascism.

Then why are they not showing up in the polls now?

(Brexit polls showed around a tie or very narrow remain lead so that's not comparable)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 08:59:36 AM »

Polls in June mean nothing. Just wait until the GOP smear machine rallies behind their racist leader and starts to blame everything on Hispanics and blacks.

Uh, that's exactly what Trump has been doing all campaign. What type of voter hasn't already got behind him with all of his dogwhistles already but will just because he gets more blatant about it?

Really I'd say that a strategy that isn't going to win over whites who voted for Obama and would obviously increase minority turnout isn't a very good one, but that's just me.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:04:17 AM »

Hillary Clinton will probably still win by a relatively large margin, but "Brexit" should mildly benefit Donald Trump due to an inevitable slight economic slowdown as a result of this decision.

Even if that happens in the US, it won't for two years.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 04:00:50 AM »

Polls in June mean nothing. Just wait until the GOP smear machine rallies behind their racist leader and starts to blame everything on Hispanics and blacks.

LOL!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies