Atlasian's for a Free Scotland and United Ireland
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:23:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian's for a Free Scotland and United Ireland
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian's for a Free Scotland and United Ireland  (Read 667 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2016, 11:39:47 PM »

Atlasian's for a Free Scotland & United Ireland!

Sign on here if you support an independent Kingdom of Scotland and United Republic of Ireland.

x Gass3268
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 04:50:57 AM »

i support snap referenda, at least

x evergreen
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 04:53:52 AM »

I support making london a city state; remaining within the EU
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 05:46:10 AM »

EIREXIT! Free Ireland from the EU too!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »

An absolutely insane idea!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 10:09:32 AM »

How about we abolish the entire EU.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 10:17:40 AM »

Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 11:18:53 AM »

x Clyde
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 12:46:27 PM »

Return to national sovereignty.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 01:32:23 PM »

Oh yeah because Britain's 24 hours of 'national sovereignty' has been a brilliant success with our PM quitting, Corbyn getting couped, the Governor of the Bank of England appearing on TV telling us not to panic, the pound plunging and being the laughing stock of Europe-having gone from the never quit group in the 1940 to the the 'muh immigrants' in 2016
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 02:48:22 PM »

Pound has stabilized. More than can be said about the Euro.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 03:03:57 PM »

Oh yeah because Britain's 24 hours of 'national sovereignty' has been a brilliant success with our PM quitting, Corbyn getting couped, the Governor of the Bank of England appearing on TV telling us not to panic, the pound plunging and being the laughing stock of Europe-having gone from the never quit group in the 1940 to the the 'muh immigrants' in 2016

A testatment to the fact that people will always opt to lose their heads first than come back to reason later. I guess that can be said for both sides.

Britain existed for close to 300 years before the EU, I have every confidence it will remain for another 300 years after the EU, provided cooler heads prevail.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 03:40:33 PM »

A testatment to the fact that people will always opt to lose their heads first than come back to reason later. I guess that can be said for both sides.

Britain existed for close to 300 years before the EU, I have every confidence it will remain for another 300 years after the EU, provided cooler heads prevail.

Indeed, Britain will do just fine after a brief period of economic sluggishness. These sorts of theatrics are a major factor in the success of Exit. The people panicking don't realize that they just look silly.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 05:44:23 PM »

Oh trust me the financial blip is the least of our worries- the problem is that working class voters in the North suddenly think the NHS is going to be saved by this magic money pot we've got from the EU...  besides the fact we're already seeing banks leave London (which accounts for a good amount of our tax receipts)

We're facing a second referendum in Scotland (that Labour will most likely support), Sinn Fein calling for a referendum in Ireland and Boris Johnson as prime Minister- who's basically Rudy Guilani just with more affairs, and no actual accomplishments.

Sorry to fatten up this thread, but Brexit is like Florida 2000, Thomas getting nominated to the Supreme Court and Trump getting elected all at the same time in terms of shock
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 05:55:03 PM »

Oh trust me the financial blip is the least of our worries- the problem is that working class voters in the North suddenly think the NHS is going to be saved by this magic money pot we've got from the EU...  besides the fact we're already seeing banks leave London (which accounts for a good amount of our tax receipts)

We're facing a second referendum in Scotland (that Labour will most likely support), Sinn Fein calling for a referendum in Ireland and Boris Johnson as prime Minister- who's basically Rudy Guilani just with more affairs, and no actual accomplishments.

Sorry to fatten up this thread, but Brexit is like Florida 2000, Thomas getting nominated to the Supreme Court and Trump getting elected all at the same time in terms of shock

If Labour lets Scotland go, they might as well dissolve.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 05:57:23 PM »

Oh trust me the financial blip is the least of our worries- the problem is that working class voters in the North suddenly think the NHS is going to be saved by this magic money pot we've got from the EU...  besides the fact we're already seeing banks leave London (which accounts for a good amount of our tax receipts)

If Labour lets Scotland go, they might as well dissolve.

They've been in a nearly dissolved state since 2012 tbh
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 06:24:49 PM »

how do you propose atlasia would abolish the e.u.?
FairBol
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 12:16:53 PM »

Signed.  x FairBol (Andrew Jacobs)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 12:26:00 PM »

The odds of Scotland being allowed into the EU as an independent nation are pretty slim. Spain is likely to veto their application in order to keep Catalonia and the Basque country from getting any ideas.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 12:26:30 PM »

And my thoughts on the matter: Irish freedom is a cause that is near and dear to my heart (as I am of Irish ancestry IRL).  The Republic of Ireland is self-governing, but Northern Ireland is a puppet state of the United Kingdom.  The Northern Irish do have a system of government, but it is subject to the whims of "her Majesty's government".  I strongly believe in the right of self-determination.  Whether they support total independence, or (in Northern Ireland's case) unity with the Republic of Ireland, the people of Scotland and Ireland deserve a chance to vote on their own destiny..  It is long since time for binding referendums in those regions.  
FairBol
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 12:28:13 PM »

An absolutely insane idea!

Freedom and Independence for all.....and UK OUT OF IRELAND!! "Put it back" -- Poster I once saw supporting Irish independence
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »

The odds of Scotland being allowed into the EU as an independent nation are pretty slim. Spain is likely to veto their application in order to keep Catalonia and the Basque country from getting any ideas.
I doubt Spain will block Scotland's application, if there's no dispute between the Scottish and UK Governments regarding the sovereignty of Scotland. I could understand Spain blocking Scotland in the event of a unilateral deceleration of independence - as they still don't recognise Kosovo as an independent country, because of a UDI.

Although, I think Rajoy would be much more likely to block Scotland's EU application than anyone in PSOE or Podemos.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 12:52:11 PM »

I doubt Spain will block Scotland's application, if there's no dispute between the Scottish and UK Governments regarding the sovereignty of Scotland. I could understand Spain blocking Scotland in the event of a unilateral deceleration of independence - as they still don't recognise Kosovo as an independent country, because of a UDI.

Although, I think Rajoy would be much more likely to block Scotland's EU application than anyone in PSOE or Podemos.

It just seems like a very risky move for Scotland to try for independence. An independent without EU membership would be disastrous.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »

European countries have the same right to establish the union as Atlasian states.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »

xGAworth
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies