Opinion of the "whites are always won over by racism" theorizing posters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:55:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the "whites are always won over by racism" theorizing posters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of the "whites are always won over by racism" theorizing posters
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Opinion of the "whites are always won over by racism" theorizing posters  (Read 1071 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:03:48 AM »

According to some Atlas posters, this is apparently how elections work with white voters:

-All white voters are racist.
-Republicans win increasing amounts of the white vote via increasing racism.
-A candidate that runs a completely race neutral campaign will likely not overperform with the white vote, a candidate that uses all sorts of dog whistles will do better, and a candidate that skips that and just goes to blatant racism will do the best amongst the white vote.

As someone noted, by the logic of some people on Atlas, the Republicans would be best off just becoming an out and out neo-Nazi party, which would then earn them near 90% of the white vote, if your typical Atlas noob's #analysis is to be believed.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 09:05:40 AM »

HPs through and through.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 09:09:59 AM »

it's an exaggeration, but certainly happens more than many people would like to believe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 09:10:49 AM »

it's an exaggeration, but certainly happens more than many people would like to believe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think anyone who seriously believes the Brexit alone now means Trump will win isn't exaggerating.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »

Very typically Atlas, sadly.

And rather racist in itself for implying that white voters will all automatically flock to neo-Nazis in elections.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 11:20:23 AM »

What?  The vast majority here would LIKE to believe that...?  LOL
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 11:59:55 AM »

Very typically Atlas, sadly.

And rather racist in itself for implying that white voters will all automatically flock to neo-Nazis in elections.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 01:30:01 PM »

It's an easy cop-out for people too lazy or incapable of looking at the bigger picture. Kind of like how some Republicans say Democrats only win because all they do is promise "free stuff."

Of course race plays a role, but it's more complicated than some may like to think.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »

This line of argument recognizes that racism is a problem exclusive to the white community, which is important.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 02:17:19 PM »

This line of argument recognizes that racism is a problem exclusive to the white community, which is important.

That's a very popular theory on college campuses, but you won't find much support in the real world on that one.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 02:43:27 PM »

HP's for intellectual laziness.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 03:43:12 PM »

Not nearly as bad as the people in their Minneapolis or Portland enclaves that constantly underestimate how big of a factor race is for whites outside of their progressive havens.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »

That's a very popular theory on college campuses, but you won't find much support in the real world on that one.

Well sure, a lot of white people stupidly believe that only other races are racist these days.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »

FF. The solution to racism is to stop being white. Tumblr told me so.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 04:27:16 PM »

Not nearly as bad as the people in their Minneapolis or Portland enclaves that constantly underestimate how big of a factor race is for whites outside of their progressive havens.

Thankfully it's not a big factor in our corner of the country, urban or not.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »

I don't know where you are possibly getting this strawman from, but then again I didn't follow last night.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 05:16:13 PM by L'exquisite Douleur »

LOL. Someone has obviously never been to Minneapolis.

We are actually the city with the highest income disparity between whites and blacks in the country.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 05:20:35 PM »

And for the record I was never trying to understate how much of a factor. What I'm railing against is the idea that more racist always = more appealing to whites and that there are many whites that voted for Barack Obama who are just dying to vote for Donald Trump because of his racism.

And that there are whites not yet supporting Trump with his many dog whistles but WILL if he goes openly and blatantly racist and no this isn't a strawman, people here have said things like if Trump goes openly racist he'll break 70% in West Virginia.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 05:37:42 PM »

I always take this as a joke. They can't possibly mean that...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »

And for the record I was never trying to understate how much of a factor. What I'm railing against is the idea that more racist always = more appealing to whites and that there are many whites that voted for Barack Obama who are just dying to vote for Donald Trump because of his racism.

And that there are whites not yet supporting Trump with his many dog whistles but WILL if he goes openly and blatantly racist and no this isn't a strawman, people here have said things like if Trump goes openly racist he'll break 70% in West Virginia.

I made that WV comment. It was a joke, since I love making jokes at West Virginia's expense. Nevertheless, race is a major factor on why West Virginia has become a GOP stronghold.
Human
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 06:22:57 PM »

FF

99.99999% of white people are racist, and that's a fact. There are only around 15-20 non-racist white people in this whole entire country, and that's being generous. It's scientifically impossible to be a non-racist white person, with a few exceptions. The whites that voted for Obama only did so because they don't believe that the GOP is racist enough. The more blatantly racist the GOP becomes, a higher percentage of whites will vote for them. If the GOP nominee endorsed deporting every single ethnic minority out of this country, he/she would get 99% of the white vote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 07:37:11 PM »

It was a joke, since I love making jokes at West Virginia's expense.

Too bad you're not very successfull at it Sad
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 09:48:33 PM »

I made that WV comment. It was a joke, since I love making jokes at West Virginia's expense. Nevertheless, race is a major factor on why West Virginia has become a GOP stronghold.

No, you just like being anti-working class, and your jokes are an abject faliure and classist. WV did not turn Republican because all WV's are somehow racist. Race may have played a part, but it was not the only reason.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »

No, you just like being anti-working class, and your jokes are an abject faliure and classist. WV did not turn Republican because all WV's are somehow racist. Race may have played a part, but it was not the only reason.

I guess you didn't even read the post you replied to, since I specifically stated it wasn't the only reason.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 09:58:12 PM »

Also, another thing this forum doesn't seem to understand is that working class white people exist outside of Appalachia. Shocking, I know.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies