Atlasians for Social Democracy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:39:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasians for Social Democracy  (Read 284 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:23:08 AM »

Victory for one, victory for all

Atlasia is, and always will be, a great democracy.

However, it has come to my understanding that with the reboot of the game and adoption of the new Constitution, we have brought upon ourselves a series of new challenges.  Indeed, while I believe the Constitution and subsequent game reset were for the best of the game, one cannot deny that we now face what might be our nation's greatest challenges: poverty, homelessness, economic insecurity and income inequality, weakened labor unions, homeless veterans, and a great national debt which comes in part as a result of a woefully inefficient safety net that leaves behind millions while continuously adding to our nation debt.

Years of bipartisan governing has taught us that we, as a nation, can provide for those most in need in an efficient manner while managing a balanced budget.  Atlasia was prosperous.  Our vets were taken care of.  The middle class was on a leveled playing field and we did not have to choose between industry and the people to maintain that.  Unions were strong.  Homelessness was on the road to extinction in at least one of our regions.

With a united left, and through working with our friends across the political spectrum, together we can truly make our country great again for all people.

That is the bedrock of this organization.  Needless to say, we are a firmly left-wing organization, but we welcome all those who share our values.  My number one priority at this time is to build a comprehensive public healthcare system, suited for the Northern Region, that incorporates the best elements of both public and private care.  In the future, I will fight for a living wage and empowered unions, as well as a renewed anti-homelessness program.

Those are the policies I will pursue in my region.  But, as a great statesman once said, it's not about me, but us.  I cannot do this alone.

I seek to rally Laborites and independent, like-minded citizens all across the nation to join me in this cause.

Let's be a great nation once more.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 06:34:33 AM »

Shamelessly bumping this because I do want to rally support, especially from Labor, among this more economics-focused "foundation."

(Not that I have any idea what will become of these "foundations."  I don't see the huge need for them when we already have parties, but hey, why not hop on the bandwagon if it increases activity.)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:30:37 AM »

This seems like a great organization, and while I may not agree on everything here, this is organization pushes for a step in the right direction.

xNeverAgain
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 11:07:11 PM »

x Flo
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length