NY13 primary race?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:15:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY13 primary race?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY13 primary race?  (Read 453 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:59:30 PM »

Race to replace Rangel. Any thoughts?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:05:23 AM »

Yes. Right now there is racial tactics being played on the streets of Harlem and the Bronx section. Sharpton and Keith Wright, Rangel's chosen choice, believes that State Sen. Adriano Espaillat's super PAC group is behind a plan to suppress African American and white progressive voters (White Harlem members), in which would hurt Wright's bid. It's a crowded field. Sharpton attacked Clyde Williams for entering the race.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/27/pols-attack-sharpton-for-race-baiting-in-rangel-seat-race/

http://www.politico.com/states/new-york/city-hall/story/2016/06/wright-sharpton-say-there-is-a-plot-to-suppress-the-black-vote-in-rangel-race-103272
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »

It's truly an end of an era in Harlem, Manhattan.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 09:56:53 AM »

Well, i never believed that anyone is "entitled" to anything. Being that "anyone" white, black, man, woman, hispanic, gay, straight or anyone else. So, i am glad that Espaillat won, and there is no more obligatory "black seat from Harlem" (or any other place...)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »

Well, i never believed that anyone is "entitled" to anything. Being that "anyone" white, black, man, woman, hispanic, gay, straight or anyone else. So, i am glad that Espaillat won, and there is no more obligatory "black seat from Harlem" (or any other place...)

True, but some members in Harlem are not happy. Espaillat will be there potentially for a long time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/30/nyregion/latest-sign-of-change-in-harlem-its-congressional-candidate.html
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies