If Trump ran an openly racist campaign...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:41:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump ran an openly racist campaign...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ...would he end up getting more or less of the white vote?
More

Less (literally sane, normal)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: If Trump ran an openly racist campaign...  (Read 1694 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:39:20 PM »

Just testing this subforum's quality.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 07:41:38 PM »

If?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 07:41:47 PM »

Not much difference. The people who can still justify supporting him now would be able to justify it no matter what he said or did.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:44:28 PM »

Hasnīt he?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 07:45:35 PM »

this is the correct answer
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 07:47:43 PM »

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 08:03:04 PM »

How racist?  Do you mean he calls for repeal of the 14th and 15th Amendments on the campaign trail?  That's about the only thing left that would be substantially more extreme than what he has already done!

Don't give him any ideas.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 08:14:35 PM »

If Trump ran a RACIST campaign, he'd lose in a landslide.

Trump is running an American Nationalist campaign, asking Americans to focus their attention on the damages done to this country by our current open borders immigration policy.  That's not racist, and that's why he's come as far as he has in no small measure. 

I grew up in the 1960s.  I've seen folks openly threaten to "burn out" the houses of black families who moved into a neighborhood.  (In the North, mind you, not the South or Border States.)  I know the difference between REAL racism and what passes for it on Atlas.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 08:21:51 PM »

Trump is running an American Nationalist campaign, asking Americans to focus their attention on the damages done to this country by our current open borders immigration policy.  That's not racist, and that's why he's come as far as he has in no small measure. 

I grew up in the 1960s.  I've seen folks openly threaten to "burn out" the houses of black families who moved into a neighborhood.  (In the North, mind you, not the South or Border States.)  I know the difference between REAL racism and what passes for it on Atlas.

>Implying racism can't be real without violence
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 09:32:18 PM »

"Racism" at Atlas includes resistance to the more ridiculous group demands of constituencies who need to vote in record numbers at record percentage levels in order for Democrats to win.

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 09:35:22 PM »

"Racism" at Atlas includes resistance to the more ridiculous group demands of constituencies who need to vote in record numbers at record percentage levels in order for Democrats to win.

No. It just means being somebody like you.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 10:03:28 PM »

Charles Murray wrote this paragraph in his article, Trump's America.  For the Glass House residents:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 10:27:09 PM »

His campaign is a somewhat "openly racist campaign" now.
This, and his clownish narcissist behavior, is why he is doomed in November.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 11:03:35 PM »

Charles Murray wrote this paragraph in his article, Trump's America.  For the Glass House residents:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The biggest fallacy of this election is that "ordinary Americans" are some white people living in some small town in Kentucky or Maine or Kansas.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 11:06:26 PM »

How racist?  Do you mean he calls for repeal of the 14th and 15th Amendments on the campaign trail?  That's about the only thing left that would be substantially more extreme than what he has already done!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 01:15:03 AM »

I don't see what could possibly be more racist than calling Mexicans rapists/druggies/criminals, banning Muslims, and not immediately disavowing an endorsement from David Duke.

I guess the only thing worse would be resorting to epithets like calling African Americans the n word, Hispanics/Latinos "wetbacks," Asians "chinks," Native Americans "Injuns," Middle Easterners "terrorists," etc.

(Mods please don't give me infraction points, I'm simply answering the QAH).
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 01:31:33 AM »

SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 02:38:22 AM »

He's also asking Americans to question whether Hispanic judges can really be trusted to try certain cases.
He's also asking Americans to ask whether all of his primary opponents with Hispanic surnames should really be allowed to run for President.
He's also asking Americans to consider whether certain Hispanic people who are U.S. citizens by virtue of the Constitution's birthright citizenship clause are really American enough to be considered citizens.

Hmmm...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 02:47:00 AM »

You are completely deluded. Just because you don't want to cause violence to minorities personally doesn't mean you aren't a racist. If you vote for a politician or support policies that harm and target minorities, you are a racist. If you support someone who says most Mexican immigrants are rapists, you are a racist. If you support someone who wants to ban everyone from an entire religion, then you are a bigot. You want to support Trump, that's fine. Do expect to be called a racist though, because that is exactly what you are.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 04:22:51 AM »

This is what the media and the anti-Trump people in both parties need to understand - as hard as it may be for you to believe, this is not about Trump. Last summer, when he was at like 10% in the polls, yes it was about Trump. But as the campaign went on, Trump increasingly became just a vehicle. Many Trump supporters, myself included, don't actually like him, but are voting for him because of the kind of country he stands for. Because of that, whether he is a racist or what he says or does doesn't really matter. He is our Andrew Jackson.

However, as I have said before, the David Duke incident bothered me. That was right around the time of the SEC primary, and I have a feeling that Trump refused to disavow David Duke because he felt that would help him in the South. In a GOP primary in the Deep South, that might have convinced a few racists to his side, but it was offensive to me that he thought so little of Southern whites.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 04:33:12 AM »

This is what the media and the anti-Trump people in both parties need to understand - as hard as it may be for you to believe, this is not about Trump. Last summer, when he was at like 10% in the polls, yes it was about Trump. But as the campaign went on, Trump increasingly became just a vehicle. Many Trump supporters, myself included, don't actually like him, but are voting for him because of the kind of country he stands for. Because of that, whether he is a racist or what he says or does doesn't really matter. He is our Andrew Jackson.

a fitting comparison. it is unlikely the conditions for the millions of people the stubby-fingered rapist wants to deport would be significantly better than those on the trail of tears
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 08:47:56 AM »

Less of course. And no, TRUMP is no racist.

No more racist than your grandpa, you wanted to say.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 09:17:14 AM »

Covert racism may remain, but overt racism has become outmoded and disreputable. There's little to gain from it and much to lose.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 09:21:33 AM »

His campaign would be almost as bad as this thread.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies