If Trump ran an openly racist campaign...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:29:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump ran an openly racist campaign...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ...would he end up getting more or less of the white vote?
More

Less (literally sane, normal)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: If Trump ran an openly racist campaign...  (Read 1693 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

I don't see what could possibly be more racist than calling Mexicans rapists/druggies/criminals, banning Muslims, and not immediately disavowing an endorsement from David Duke.

I suppose if we repeat a lie enough, it becomes, if not truth, at least an axiom.

Donald Trump pointed out that amongst illegal aliens from Mexico (both Mexicans and a number of Central Americans that traveled through Mexico on their way to America with the cooperation of the Mexican Government), there are a disproportionate number of violent criminals.  Many of these folks are members of Trans-National Gangs, such as MS-13, Sur-13, and others.  These violent gangsters enter the US illegally and commit violent felonies in the US; they are responsible for thousands of criminal offenses for which they have not yet been arrested for yet (warrants are still outstanding).  These gangsters engage in human trafficking and they sexually abuse and assault the folks they are trafficking.  This problem is well-documented and not in dispute. 

Like the Mariel Boatlift of 1980, Mexico ENCOURAGES these folks to leave.  It may not be as blatant as Castro opening his Mental Hospitals and jails, but the Mexican Government is, indeed, not "sending us their best", but they ARE sending us the ones they don't want and can't control.  Many of these people are doing the business of foreign drug cartels in US cities, including actively using violence to enforce the interests of the cartels. 

Is it racist to point this out?  Is it racist to point out that the Mexican Government is complicit in encouraging THEIR illegal immigrants to make their way to the US?  Is it racist to point out that  Mexican immigrants who are facing deportation while their children are American citizens by birth often deliberately had children born in the US in order to attempt to manipulate our laws and our collective compassion in order to exempt themselves from our immigration laws?  Or is the only non-racist reply to the problems of illegal immigration to look the other way and not enforce our laws, because the appearance of racism is worse than the actuality of our national sovereignty being eroded?

And is it any more racist to point out the motivations of the Democratic Party in refusing to enforce our existing immigration laws for political gain?  Is it not the yin to the yang of Voter ID laws, which Democrats always cite as attempts to manipulate the makeup of the VOTING electorate?  I'm not in favor of the voter ID laws; they are a blatant back-door poll tax, and they have been implemented with voter demographics in mind.  But that motivation is the same motivation behind deliberately non enforcing current immigration laws.  People ought to be indignant about both.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 01:34:47 PM »

Charles Murray wrote this paragraph in his article, Trump's America.  For the Glass House residents:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

>wants to prove Trump isn't racist
>shares a Charles Murray article in that attempt

-_-
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »

His campaign would be almost as bad as this thread.

Agreed.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »

Charles Murray wrote this paragraph in his article, Trump's America.  For the Glass House residents:

>wants to prove Trump isn't racist
>shares a Charles Murray article in that attempt

-_-

Is Charles Murray wrong in the quote above?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 01:56:46 PM »

I don't see what could possibly be more racist than calling Mexicans rapists/druggies/criminals, banning Muslims, and not immediately disavowing an endorsement from David Duke.

I suppose if we repeat a lie enough, it becomes, if not truth, at least an axiom.

Donald Trump pointed out that amongst illegal aliens from Mexico (both Mexicans and a number of Central Americans that traveled through Mexico on their way to America with the cooperation of the Mexican Government), there are a disproportionate number of violent criminals.  Many of these folks are members of Trans-National Gangs, such as MS-13, Sur-13, and others.  These violent gangsters enter the US illegally and commit violent felonies in the US; they are responsible for thousands of criminal offenses for which they have not yet been arrested for yet (warrants are still outstanding).  These gangsters engage in human trafficking and they sexually abuse and assault the folks they are trafficking.  This problem is well-documented and not in dispute. 

Like the Mariel Boatlift of 1980, Mexico ENCOURAGES these folks to leave.  It may not be as blatant as Castro opening his Mental Hospitals and jails, but the Mexican Government is, indeed, not "sending us their best", but they ARE sending us the ones they don't want and can't control.  Many of these people are doing the business of foreign drug cartels in US cities, including actively using violence to enforce the interests of the cartels. 

Is it racist to point this out?  Is it racist to point out that the Mexican Government is complicit in encouraging THEIR illegal immigrants to make their way to the US?  Is it racist to point out that  Mexican immigrants who are facing deportation while their children are American citizens by birth often deliberately had children born in the US in order to attempt to manipulate our laws and our collective compassion in order to exempt themselves from our immigration laws?  Or is the only non-racist reply to the problems of illegal immigration to look the other way and not enforce our laws, because the appearance of racism is worse than the actuality of our national sovereignty being eroded?

And is it any more racist to point out the motivations of the Democratic Party in refusing to enforce our existing immigration laws for political gain?  Is it not the yin to the yang of Voter ID laws, which Democrats always cite as attempts to manipulate the makeup of the VOTING electorate?  I'm not in favor of the voter ID laws; they are a blatant back-door poll tax, and they have been implemented with voter demographics in mind.  But that motivation is the same motivation behind deliberately non enforcing current immigration laws.  People ought to be indignant about both.

If anyone is repeating lies (distortions) it is you.
As much a trump supporters want "the racism" and "bigotry" from trump, to be just about immigration policy, that is not the case.
If have said this over and over again (and I believe directly to you).

You repeating gang numbers U-571 and MI-6 do nothing. Zero.
Trump's racism is from calling ALL (or the vast majority) of immigrants rapists and criminals, WHICH IS NOT TRUE. Not even close.

Trump's racism comes from wanting to exclude ALL Muslims (an entire religion), regardless of where they are from.

Trump's racism comes from his own words in where he says that an American citizen born in Indiana with brown skin can not be trusted to do his job properly because of his "Mexican Heritage."

And the list goes on and on. These issues (and others) are the dominant factors of why racism is attached to trump. As much as you want it to be something else, like that the moon is made of cheese, it is not. Yes, you can fool the un-educated with your "Mozzarella" story, but for the rest of us, you are completely wasting your time.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 02:07:48 PM »

I am happy you are enjoying it Smiley
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 02:23:14 PM »

As much a trump supporters want "the racism" and "bigotry" from trump, to be just about immigration policy, that is not the case.

Trump's racism is from calling ALL (or the vast majority) of immigrants rapists and criminals, WHICH IS NOT TRUE. Not even close.

Trump's racism comes from wanting to exclude ALL Muslims (an entire religion), regardless of where they are from.

Trump's racism comes from his own words in where he says that an American citizen born in Indiana with brown skin can not be trusted to do his job properly because of his "Mexican Heritage."

And the list goes on and on. These issues (and others) are the dominant factors of why racism is attached to trump. As much as you want it to be something else, like that the moon is made of cheese, it is not. Yes, you can fool the un-educated with your "Mozzarella" story, but for the rest of us, you are completely wasting your time.

Pretty presumptuous for you to speak for the whole of Atlas, eh?

I will say this for myself, however:  I do not believe that the majority of Mexican immigrants are criminals.  I do believe, however, that the percentage of criminal immigrants are FAR higher in those that enter here illegally.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2016/january/transnational-gangs-part-1-understanding-the-threat/transnational-gangs-part-1-understanding-the-threat

It's too bad you don't know a thing about MS-13 or other transnational gangs.  Perhaps the victims of their carnage, if they are alive to read this post, would appreciate it. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 02:27:35 PM »

MS-13 was founded in the US.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 02:28:27 PM »

This is the crux of the issue. The VAST majority of illegal immigrants aren't involved in trasnational gangs but are your farm workers, gardeners and do other jobs other Americans just won't do. Of course the trasnational gangs are a problem, and I support being tough at the border (I would be ok with a wall if done smartly and without the jingoistic "Make Mexico pay for it" BS). Calling all illegal immigrants with the exception of "some" rapists is absolutely racist. Wanting to exclude all Muslims from America is bigoted. I don't know whether you are a racist or not, but you are supporting a racist candidate. What does that say about you?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »

Wrong.

http://marasalvatrucha13.weebly.com/
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 03:00:03 PM »

Pretty presumptuous for you to speak for the whole of Atlas, eh?

I will say this for myself, however:  I do not believe that the majority of Mexican immigrants are criminals.  I do believe, however, that the percentage of criminal immigrants are FAR higher in those that enter here illegally.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2016/january/transnational-gangs-part-1-understanding-the-threat/transnational-gangs-part-1-understanding-the-threat

It's too bad you don't know a thing about MS-13 or other transnational gangs.  Perhaps the victims of their carnage, if they are alive to read this post, would appreciate it. 

I'm not speaking for the "whole of Atlas." I'm speaking for those of us who have more than half a brain, and who don't fall for your distortions on trying to link "trump racism/bigotry" to just having a protected border policy.

Look at your own wording, in where you attempt to make the link yourself. Like where you write/ask "Is it racist to point this out?"
No ... of course it is not racist to point out gang number U-571 and that some of their members come from abroad (NO ONE EXCEPT YOU IS MAKING THIS "LINK" !).

Dangerous gangs form from everywhere. Russian gangs, Chinese gangs, etc. But the vast majority of "gangs" in the USA form, and have members from natural born American citizens, not from immigrants. Do you think the gangs and drug dealers that are creating all the crazy havoc and killing in Chicago at this time (major story this year), are immigrants ? No, of course not. They are American citizens gone wild, with easy access to guns.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 10:15:42 AM »

what is the definition of racism?
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »

Thought he was already doing this!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 10:24:21 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2016, 10:33:14 AM by Devout Centrist »

Classism abounds. No sh*t.

To clairify, all races tend to have this sort of hierarchy. Richer black people look down on poorer black people. Legal, usually wealthier immigrants look down on illegal immigrants. And so on.

Yet it's equally true that many poorer whites hate the middle and upper class out of anger for their prosperity, whether it's fair or not fair. The problem here is that none of what you quoted disproves the argument that Trump is a racist or that his policies are an incoherent mess that make no sense at all.

If this is about his supporters being 'justified' in their anger and support for Trump, their anger may be justified, but their actions certainly aren't. The Khmer Rouge had legitimate grievances. But their actions and ideas were f**king terrible.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies