Energy Policy Speech: St. Paul, Minnesota
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:16:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Energy Policy Speech: St. Paul, Minnesota
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Energy Policy Speech: St. Paul, Minnesota  (Read 757 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2005, 01:44:04 AM »
« edited: June 16, 2005, 03:38:08 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

Hello and good morning my fellow Atlasians.

In the modern world, the energy policy of a nation is so important.  It can and often does affect internal government affairs, the state of the economy and a nations foriegn policy.

The current rising trend in gas prices has proved to be a major drag for the economy as many individuals and businesses have been forced to make cuts in travel.  This has caused a loss of jobs for in many industries, particularly services.

A few citizens not taking thier usual family vaction might not be a crisis.  Unfortunately, due to rising oil costs, many working-class Atlasians are forced to not only to fore go not only fuel for their cars, but also the fuel needed to heat their homes and cook thier meals.

At the same time, our nation is practically being held hostage by nations that are not always friendly, who can turn off the spicket and criple our nation anytime they so choose.

I think that it should be the a top priority of any responsable administration to come up with a plan to secure the energy future of our nation and the livelyhood of her people.  As such, I have developed an energy policy that is two fold.  One that takes advantage of new discoveries, for the short term, and seeks practicle long term solutions that will close this debate for once and for all time.

Recent discoveries have been made in Canada that could, if properly exploited, secure the short term energy needs of this country for decades to come.  In Northern Alberta, tremendous amounts of oil have been discovered.  The oil does not lie in pools in the ground, as we are used to, however.  Due to the unique geological features of the area, oil has seeped up though the soil and mixed with sand deposits that also exist in that are.  The product of this is called "Oil Sand". 

The process that is required to seperate the oil from the sand is revlatively low tech.  All you need to do is put the sand in a container.  Pour water in.  Then you mix it.  Since oil is less dense than the water or sand, it will sperate and float to the top.  The oil can the be removed.  The now clean sand is put back into place and the water is cleaned and reused.  The final product is just as good as the oil pumped from the ground.

Conservative estimates show that we should be able to extract 1 trillion barrels of oil from this region on northern Alberta alone through this method.  To give you some idea, there are an estimated 200 billion barrels in Saudi Arabia, what was considered, before now, the most oil rich country in the world.

As I said the technology is simple.  The sites are far more secure than wells.  All that is needed is the investment funding to build enough facilities to create a large enough supply to make a difference.

If elected, I will propose to the Senate that our government make a direct investment into these companies.  If my plan is approved, I will order the Treasury Secretary to purchase stock from these corperations.  That stock will then be put into the social security trust fund, and there it will remain.  Once these companies have the investment capital to take off, and they will in the next few years, oil prices should lower, these comapnies stocks should increase, fewer Atlasians will be suffering, jobs and money will flow back into the economy, social security will be more solvent and Atlasia will be a more secure nation internationally.

For the long term, I will promote and support development of cleaner, renewable energy solutions such as cold fussion technology and hydrogen fuel cells.  Funding of these technologies will remove our oil dependency once and for all, and will lead the world into a brighter, cleaner future.

Every responsable candidate in this race should have some plan for Atlasia's future energy needs.  My policy will do that, and more.  My plan is clear and simple and I believe it is the best plan for bringing about a future that we can all believe in and trust in.

Thank you.

God Bless you all.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 01:50:02 AM »

And here is a website for anyone who might think I am making this up:

http://www.oilsandsdiscovery.com/
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 10:35:48 AM »

This is very interesting and should definitely be looked into. Good speech
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 03:38:20 PM »

Very good.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 03:39:03 PM »

This speech assures you my second preference.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 03:42:48 PM »

Good policy.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 04:04:34 PM »

You saw tht episode of Cavuto too?  Very promising stuff indeed.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 04:19:41 PM »

You saw tht episode of Cavuto too?  Very promising stuff indeed.

Yes I did.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 04:23:27 PM »

Hah, the ONE time I watched Cavuto, I found it interesting and non-abrasive for once.

Good speech Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 04:24:35 PM »

ALERT - FOX NEWS Watchers Here - END ALERT
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 04:55:47 PM »

VERY well said.

*does more Vice Presidential Cheering*
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 10:08:53 PM »

Yep, this is a good speech and policy as well.

Amusingly, I also saw the Cavuto story on this thing as well, as I was flipping through the channels this afternoon

(beats himself for watching Fox News)  Wink
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 08:43:33 PM »

Yep, this is a good speech and policy as well.

Amusingly, I also saw the Cavuto story on this thing as well, as I was flipping through the channels this afternoon

(beats himself for watching Fox News)  Wink

Haha, don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

I was in a patriotic mood Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies