Hillary supporters, are you worried Trump might get his act together in time?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:48:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary supporters, are you worried Trump might get his act together in time?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary supporters, are you worried Trump might get his act together in time?  (Read 215 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »

I, along with many, laughed a lot when Lewandowski was fired and saw Trump's abysmal fundraising numbers. Yet it feels like with Manafort and his kids at the helm, Trump is actually trying to be more serious. He raised a good amount of money in the last week, and he's embracing the teleprompter and is rewording his nonsense to sound coherent. Knowing the short attention spans of Americans, will Trump pull a fast one on everyone or will he return to his unscripted, uncontrollable self?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 07:47:20 PM »

I am worried, but only because it's hard not to be. There's always a CHANCE he could win, and that's terrifying.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 07:48:26 PM »

I'm not worried that he'll get his act together, I'm worried that it won't matter.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:53:54 PM »

I am worried, but only because it's hard not to be. There's always a CHANCE he could win, and that's terrifying.

I'm not worried that he'll get his act together, I'm worried that it won't matter.

These just about sum it up.

But I'd also like to add that it's hard to be worried about some aspects of his campaign. He basically has no campaign and the kind of money and expertise it would take to build it out on a level rivaling Clinton's in time for November is simply not available to him. He isn't even going to come close. He has wasted precious time digging a hole for himself with a racist attack on a federal judge and botched/selfish response(s) to the Orlando tragedy, among numerous other issues.

That being said, yes, I am worried that there is even a remote chance he can win.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »

It's annoying to me that Trump has to pass such a low bar to be given a pass by the media as a legitimate candidate. He's the only nominee who we have applauded for no longer saying racist sh**t; that's a low bar people!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 07:57:44 PM »

I, along with many, laughed a lot when Lewandowski was fired and saw Trump's abysmal fundraising numbers. Yet it feels like with Manafort and his kids at the helm, Trump is actually trying to be more serious. He raised a good amount of money in the last week, and he's embracing the teleprompter and is rewording his nonsense to sound coherent. Knowing the short attention spans of Americans, will Trump pull a fast one on everyone or will he return to his unscripted, uncontrollable self?

If I had voted for him in the primaries, what would be bothering me right now is the fact that he appears to be selling out. He is no longer self-funding his campaign -- which was a very attractive draw in the beginning of his campaign. Something, I might add, he criticized all the others of doing. He is becoming "beholden" to big money.

Also, something else he criticized others of doing is using a teleprompter, which he seems to have started doing. I guess it's NOT okay when he's not doing something others are doing, but it IS okay when he decides to do it. Not only that, but he's not even speaking his own words at those times.

Where is the maverick, the anti-establishment candidate I voted for? He's changing. And in light of this, I would probably become disillusioned by the guy and stop my support for him. It's obvious that nothing he says can be relied upon.

Seems to me he should be losing those types who were so gung-ho for him in the beginning.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 07:59:27 PM »

It's annoying to me that Trump has to pass such a low bar to be given a pass by the media as a legitimate candidate. He's the only nominee who we have applauded for no longer saying racist sh**t; that's a low bar people!

The soft bigotry of low expectations.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies