Is Jill Stein qualified to be president of the United States of America?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:25:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Jill Stein qualified to be president of the United States of America?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Is Jill Stein qualified to be president of the United States of America?
Yeah

Nah

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 148

Author Topic: Is Jill Stein qualified to be president of the United States of America?  (Read 5586 times)
DS0816
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2016, 06:47:39 PM »

Yes.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2016, 09:33:34 PM »

She meets all the requirements to run for President, so yes.

Plenty of folks that most wouldn't consider "qualified" run, in fact, one is the Republican nominee.

I'd love for the Jill haters to come up with how she is any less qualified than someone like Donald Trump.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 09:41:43 PM »

Absolutely not, and neither is the rapist.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 09:42:50 PM »

She meets all the requirements to run for President, so yes.

Plenty of folks that most wouldn't consider "qualified" run, in fact, one is the Republican nominee.

I'd love for the Jill haters to come up with how she is any less qualified than someone like Donald Trump.

FWIW, I don't think Trump is remotely qualified either.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2016, 09:51:38 PM »

Not at all, but I was surprised that she graduated Magna Cum Laude at HARVARD. I for sure would've guessed non-Ivy.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2016, 10:28:07 PM »

Not at all, but I was surprised that she graduated Magna Cum Laude at HARVARD. I for sure would've guessed non-Ivy.

Many of the terrible and stupid politicians of today are the brilliant students of yesterday.  Alan Grayson was also magna cum laude from Harvard.  Bobby Jindal was a Rhodes scholar.  DWPERRY went to Hewitt-Trussville High School.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2016, 10:54:31 PM »

Of course not. Don't be silly.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2016, 11:14:38 AM »

For President, no, but she would make a good Secretary of Health and Human Services.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 03:28:19 PM »

Whoever panders to the anti-vaxx crowd isn't fit to be elected dogcatcher.
When did she do that?

https://nearearth.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/jill-steins-shameful-pander-on-vaccines-and-homeopathy/

Part of her answer:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So basically, vaccines don't necessarily cause autism, but they may cause... capitalist sympathies?
Her comment wasn't very long, if you want to read it it wouldn't take very much time out of your day, I promise.

I did read her whole response. I just didn't want to post the whole thing since I know that gets some websites all up in a tizzy.
Based on this quote, Jill seems to be suggesting that, while vaccines are safe, there's a lot of distrust of the medical industry and maybe instead of declaring everyone whose anti-vaccine as literally Hitler, it'd be more productive to see why they're distrustful and address that if we want to actually do something about dropping vaccine rates beyond feeling smug about ourselves. Not sure where she's pandering to anti-vaxxers, especially given that she presents lowering vaccination rates as a problem that should be fixed.

No, demonizing anti-vaxx nutjobs is perfectly acceptable and should be encouraged.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2016, 05:46:07 PM »

Whoever panders to the anti-vaxx crowd isn't fit to be elected dogcatcher.
When did she do that?

https://nearearth.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/jill-steins-shameful-pander-on-vaccines-and-homeopathy/

Part of her answer:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So basically, vaccines don't necessarily cause autism, but they may cause... capitalist sympathies?
Her comment wasn't very long, if you want to read it it wouldn't take very much time out of your day, I promise.

I did read her whole response. I just didn't want to post the whole thing since I know that gets some websites all up in a tizzy.
Based on this quote, Jill seems to be suggesting that, while vaccines are safe, there's a lot of distrust of the medical industry and maybe instead of declaring everyone whose anti-vaccine as literally Hitler, it'd be more productive to see why they're distrustful and address that if we want to actually do something about dropping vaccine rates beyond feeling smug about ourselves. Not sure where she's pandering to anti-vaxxers, especially given that she presents lowering vaccination rates as a problem that should be fixed.

No, demonizing anti-vaxx nutjobs is perfectly acceptable and should be encouraged.
Morally, sure, but it's hardly productive.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2016, 05:56:32 AM »

Absolutely not, and neither is the rapist.

Wow, I didn't know that the only other well-known male candidate, Gary Johnson, is a rapist. Really? Or do you mean TRUMP? No, just kidding. You just can't be talking about Big Don.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2016, 07:46:33 AM »

God No, no-one in the Green Party is, Johnson's more qualified, and Johnson's a f*king libertarian.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies