Ben Carson: "what is the reason for the 2nd amendment?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:50:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Carson: "what is the reason for the 2nd amendment?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Carson: "what is the reason for the 2nd amendment?"  (Read 1397 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2016, 10:12:15 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-carson-has-questions-about-the-second-amendment/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:14:49 PM »

I would assume Trump has the same personal opinion given his past support for gun control.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:19:25 PM »

I would assume Trump has the same personal opinion given his past support for gun control.

That maybe the case, but I trust him a lot more than Hillary and the communist party.  At least Trump as president would be held to uphold those rights by the voters who put him in the white house or face the prospect of being voted out should he try to exercise those "personal opinions".
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 12:30:14 AM »

That maybe the case, but I trust him a lot more than Hillary and the communist party.  At least Trump as president would be held to uphold those rights by the voters who put him in the white house or face the prospect of being voted out should he try to exercise those "personal opinions".

Way to guarantee nobody will take your post seriously.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 12:48:28 AM »

So says the guy with the "n" in his signature.   I do find it interesting that liberals get offended getting called communist, when a lot of their actions and views actually reflect that of a communist controlled country.   Social justice I believe is the wording now.

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 01:24:07 AM »

So says the guy with the "n" in his signature.   I do find it interesting that liberals get offended getting called communist, when a lot of their actions and views actually reflect that of a communist controlled country.   Social justice I believe is the wording now.

I find it interesting that conservatives get offended getting called fascist, when a lot of their actions and views actually reflect that of a fascist controlled country. Make America Great Again I believe is the wording now.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 04:30:02 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 04:58:10 PM by eeveergreen »

I would assume T***p has the same personal opinion given his past support for gun control.

That maybe the case, but I trust him a lot more than Hillary and the communist party.  At least T***p as president would be held to uphold those rights by the voters who put him in the white house or face the prospect of being voted out should he try to exercise those "personal opinions".

it is m.k. - that's already a given

anyway, the quote itself is a clear example of broken clocks etc etc
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 05:15:08 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2016, 07:56:07 AM by Santander »

That maybe the case, but I trust him a lot more than Hillary and the communist party.  At least Trump as president would be held to uphold those rights by the voters who put him in the white house or face the prospect of being voted out should he try to exercise those "personal opinions".

So says the guy with the "n" in his signature.   I do find it interesting that liberals get offended getting called communist, when a lot of their actions and views actually reflect that of a communist controlled country.   Social justice I believe is the wording now.
So true. I'm actually starting to like you. Wink

Social justice is collectivism - it's the rights of the collective, not individuals. By denying individual rights, you deny individual responsibility, which leads to dependency on government. You don't need to stay on that road for too long to end up at communism.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 06:29:11 AM »

it is m.k. - that's already a given

anyway, the quote itself is a clear example of broken clocks etc etc

I don't think you guys should take it as an insult.  Just admit that most of the democratic party as we know to day has moved towards communism.  Of course, the party leader President Barrack Obama is known to have loved Karl Marx's teachings.

Admit it already.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 07:54:48 AM »

This thread went to dogsh#t by the third post.

No comment on the above absurd over-simplification if not outright falsehoods passing as a conversation about ideology.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 08:26:24 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism

Please read this, MK.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »

That maybe the case, but I trust him a lot more than Hillary and the communist party.  At least Trump as president would be held to uphold those rights by the voters who put him in the white house or face the prospect of being voted out should he try to exercise those "personal opinions".

So says the guy with the "n" in his signature.   I do find it interesting that liberals get offended getting called communist, when a lot of their actions and views actually reflect that of a communist controlled country.   Social justice I believe is the wording now.

Social justice is collectivism - it's the rights of the collective, not individuals. By denying individual rights, you deny individual responsibility, which leads to dependency on government. You don't need to stay on that road for too long to end up at communism.

How did you ever have that God awful Zel Miller signature with a statement like this??
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 09:08:59 AM »

How did you ever have that God awful Zel Miller signature with a statement like this??
In that speech, Zell Miller was pushing Bill Clinton's New Democrat agenda, including welfare reform. Just because I believe in individualism doesn't mean that I think it's okay to vilify the poor like many Republicans do.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 11:24:25 AM »

In that speech, Zell Miller was pushing Bill Clinton's New Democrat agenda, including welfare reform. Just because I believe in individualism doesn't mean that I think it's okay to vilify the poor like many Republicans do.

Not vilifying successful people whose ancestors were likely at one point poor =/= vilifying the poor.

Poor people vote, and someone needs to gobble up those votes, and Democrats have filled that void since Andrew Jackson.  Many poor people need help and are unlucky and I'm sympathetic to that, but there needs to be a balance and we need to be sure we're not punishing success and strangling motivation and innovation.  Most poor people would "make it" if given the choice, and I think few would, once they're sitting in a different spot, want their hard work to be rewarded with higher taxes and more regulations making it harder to "make it" in the first place.  And that's what Democrats offer every two years.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 12:42:28 PM »

This is a cllickbait title that is a big mistruth at best and intellectual dishonesty in all likelihood, like most media headlines involving Ben Carson.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 02:42:03 PM »

Poor people vote, and someone needs to gobble up those votes, and Democrats have filled that void since Andrew Jackson.  Many poor people need help and are unlucky and I'm sympathetic to that, but there needs to be a balance and we need to be sure we're not punishing success and strangling motivation and innovation.  Most poor people would "make it" if given the choice, and I think few would, once they're sitting in a different spot, want their hard work to be rewarded with higher taxes and more regulations making it harder to "make it" in the first place.  And that's what Democrats offer every two years.
I agree with the bolded, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on the taxes and regulation. I don't think that most center-left Democrats ask for punitive levels of taxation or regulation on high income earners or businesses. The Sanders wing of the party does, but that's part of the reason why I'm no longer a Democrat. Anyway, we're getting way off topic.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 03:40:05 PM »

People, behave! We get at least 5 more months of Dr. Carson's stream of consciousness ramblings. Get some popcorn or a nice beverage and enjoy the show.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:26 PM »

He must be back on them tranquilizer sand muscle relaxants. Is he serious with this statement?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 12:31:51 AM »

Guys, click on this link.

You will be quite pleased with the results.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 05:34:25 PM »

People, behave! We get at least 5 more months of Dr. Carson's stream of consciousness ramblings. Get some popcorn or a nice beverage and enjoy the show.
I wonder if he'll largely go away like Palin and pop up only in election years or will he stick around.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 10:53:13 PM »

I wonder if he'll largely go away like Palin and pop up only in election years or will he stick around.

I think it depends on whether or not he's satisfied with however much money he's grifted from his Book Tour Masquerading as Political Campaigning.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 11:46:15 PM »

Next RNC chair.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2016, 11:16:09 PM »

Atlas: Insulting people who ask rhetorical questions
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies