Opinion of Santander
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:21:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Santander
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Poll
Question: y'know
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Opinion of Santander  (Read 8452 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2016, 04:13:57 PM »

Interesting guy, he's really cool.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2016, 04:45:06 PM »

That's not a very good argument, since being mocked by AAD is a badge of honor to me.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2016, 07:06:58 PM »

Obnoxious
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2016, 09:20:55 PM »

Actually nowhere in this thread or that long empty quote chain did you explain WHY.

The onus is on you to explain why people should care about AAD's opinion.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2016, 03:36:38 AM »

Actually nowhere in this thread or that long empty quote chain did you explain WHY.

(Also funny that Classic Bigot joined in since he did register on AAD but was laughed off.)

The problems with AAD, some of which are related and some of which aren't, I have found to be these (and don't say I don't understand, I'm decently active over there):

1) Hive-mind thinking: people like Classic are "laughed off" just because of their views - which, bad or good, still deserve to be heard

2) Brutal ageism: again - people like dar, Classic, and myself are ignored or disliked because of only their age, regardless of how much they contribute.

3) Bandwagon liking/disliking: depending on the poster, one person might get 14 likes for a post that another person would have 0 likes or even dislikes on

4) Lack of a What-Ifs board: best part of this forum IMO

5) They steal our maps

1) is really the core of the issue. The pressure toward conformity is so strong that it's turned many quality posters into mindless drones.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2016, 08:05:23 AM »

(Also funny that Classic Bigot joined in since he did register on AAD but was laughed off.)

The problems with AAD, some of which are related and some of which aren't, I have found to be these (and don't say I don't understand, I'm decently active over there):

1) Hive-mind thinking: people like Classic are "laughed off" just because of their views - which, bad or good, still deserve to be heard

2) Brutal ageism: again - people like dar, Classic, and myself are ignored or disliked because of only their age, regardless of how much they contribute.

3) Bandwagon liking/disliking: depending on the poster, one person might get 14 likes for a post that another person would have 0 likes or even dislikes on

5) They steal our maps

You must understand - these people were seeing their stature diminished on Atlas. They had been here forever and ever making what they thought were great contributions only to see a bunch of noobs, primarily with radical right views, come in here and think they were just as good and gain wide acceptance. Sure, some produced good work, but others brought absurd views that could be confused with trolling and broke the Terms of Services agreement. It took away the pride of being an Atlasian. All these people came in, and while many like you have contributed, there has been a simultaneous decline in quality of posting. They see that and cast the blame for this deterioration on to all newcomers.

Soon enough, they couldn't even get elected in Atlasia. There's economic anxiety too. Some haven't been able to get a job in months (or years even). Some have never been employed. Atlas was the outlet. And it was taken away by those that they thought were lesser contributors than themselves. It's really sad, and we should all sympathize with the grave reality of the situation.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2016, 08:18:15 AM »

5) They steal our maps

You must understand - these people were seeing their stature diminished on Atlas. They had been here forever and ever making what they thought were great contributions only to see a bunch of noobs, primarily with radical right views, come in here and think they were just as good and gain wide acceptance. Sure, some produced good work, but others brought absurd views that could be confused with trolling and broke the Terms of Services agreement. It took away the pride of being an Atlasian. All these people came in, and while many like you have contributed, there has been a simultaneous decline in quality of posting. They see that and cast the blame for this deterioration on to all newcomers.

Soon enough, they couldn't even get elected in Atlasia. There's economic anxiety too. Some haven't been able to get a job in months (or years even). Some have never been employed. Atlas was the outlet. And it was taken away by those that they thought were lesser contributors than themselves. It's really sad, and we should all sympathize with the grave reality of the situation.

So the obvious solution to this immigration anxiety is....Donald Trump for Modadmin?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2016, 08:42:21 AM »

Actually comparing AAD kids to Drumpfsters makes a lot of sense. They have very similar cultlike behaviors and propensity to divide the world into in-group and out-group.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2016, 09:18:50 AM »

Actually comparing AAD kids to Drumpfsters makes a lot of sense. They have very similar cultlike behaviors and propensity to divide the world into in-group and out-group.

At one point, Trump's candidacy was actually a cultural dividing line between the two forums, back when Atlas forum was accused of "taking things too seriously" for not being awash in ironic Trump support like AAD.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2016, 10:07:37 AM »

At one point, Trump's candidacy was actually a cultural dividing line between the two forums, back when Atlas forum was accused of "taking things too seriously" for not being awash in ironic Trump support like AAD.

Indeed. Thankfully most of them eventually realized how utterly stupid their charade was and recanted, but they still haven't realized that it was just the symptom of a deeper problem with AAD's culture.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »

Please stop saying "Drumpf," it's gross and not funny. Use the proper term, 🚽.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2016, 12:30:47 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 01:40:58 PM by I did not see L.A. »

Please stop saying "Drumpf," it's gross and not funny. Use the proper term, .

I like "Drumpf", and I don't want to need to look up and copy-paste an emoji every time I have to mention him.

I'll be open to changing my terminology if he loses by a comfortable enough margin that he and what he represents won't be a threat in the near future.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »

They even built a wall around their forum.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »

5) They steal our maps

all of those are some of the best aspects of aad, guey.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2016, 01:55:40 PM »

A creep, but to his defense he'd been severely traumatized by the Angry Scottish Men™. Traumatized, we might add, to the extend he sought shelter in Kentucky.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2016, 01:59:57 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 02:19:37 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I like "Drumpf", and I don't want to need to look up and copy-paste an emoji every time I have to mention him.

I'll be open to changing my terminology if he loses by a comfortable enough margin that he and what he represents won't be a threat in the near future.

If a 70 year old woman can be funny, you can be too

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »

Please stop saying "Drumpf," it's gross and not funny. Use the proper term, 🚽.

You mean "The Orange Douchebag"?

Good point.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2016, 04:26:46 PM »

I don't know what the joke is. Haha, what a funny foreign name! There are many reasons a person might have felt compelled in the past to anglicize their name. It's disgusting and xenophobic and I think much less of anyone who uses it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2016, 04:37:36 PM »

I don't know what the joke is. Haha, what a funny foreign name! There are many reasons a person might have felt compelled in the past to anglicize their name. It's disgusting and xenophobic and I think much less of anyone who uses it.

Evergreen uses it and she's actually German. I'm pretty sure germanophobia isn't a thing in 2016 America - if it was, of course it would be very different.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2016, 04:38:13 PM »

sound familiar?

yes, that's because that's the whole point.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2016, 10:15:53 PM »

5) They steal our maps

1) is really the core of the issue. The pressure toward conformity is so strong that it's turned many quality posters into mindless drones.

I know, it's a real shame AAD is lacking in contributions from people like Seriously? or all the Milo fanboys here, right?

Actually the worst thing is anyone not on AAD missed out on the poem I wrote "F[inks] you Trump"

You must be logged in to read this quote.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2016, 07:19:15 AM »

FTFY
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2016, 07:56:16 AM »

5) They steal our maps

I know, it's a real shame AAD is lacking in contributions from people like Seriously? or all the Milo fanboys here, right?

Actually the worst thing is anyone not on AAD missed out on the poem I wrote "F[inks] you Trump"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The preference among your favorite bands fur not rhyming lyrics has taken a real toll on your own artistic merit.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2016, 08:31:47 AM »

Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2016, 09:24:11 AM »

I don't use "Drumpf" myself, but I think it's more a jab at Trump's own nativist BS rather than a xenophobic statement.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies