Opinion of Santander
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:37:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Santander
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Poll
Question: y'know
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Opinion of Santander  (Read 8488 times)
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2016, 09:26:56 AM »

I don't use "Drumpf" myself, but I think it's more a jab at Trump's own nativist BS rather than a xenophobic statement.
Regardless, it's still not funny.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2016, 10:58:19 AM »

I don't use "Drumpf" myself, but I think it's more a jab at Trump's own nativist BS rather than a xenophobic statement.
Regardless, it's still not funny.

Which is really the point.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2016, 11:39:18 AM »

It's a jab at Trump referring to Jon Stewart as Leibowitz
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »

I'm not trying to be funny.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2016, 02:15:47 PM »

Okay, cool.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2016, 04:32:27 PM »

A creep, but to his defense he'd been severely traumatized by the Angry Scottish Men™. Traumatized, we might add, to the extend he sought shelter in Kentucky.

Don't link him to us, we don't want him!

- An Angry Scotsman
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2016, 08:23:31 PM »

FF

I'm very much like him.  I'm a Democrat at heart, and the Democratic Party didn't entirely leave me.  Nor did the GOP (with whom I currently identify) present positions that I agree with down the line, either.

Santander strikes me as the kind of moderate Democrat (like me, at heart) who probably agrees with Trump, issue by issue, more than any other Republican OR any other Democrat.  I certainly have reservations about his persona, and I wonder if he does, too. 

This is an election where lots of folks are doing the best they can with what they have to work with.  Santander has more respect for that reality than a lot of folks here.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2016, 09:45:16 PM »

Actually nowhere in this thread or that long empty quote chain did you explain WHY.

(Also funny that Classic Bigot joined in since he did register on AAD but was laughed off.)

The problems with AAD, some of which are related and some of which aren't, I have found to be these (and don't say I don't understand, I'm decently active over there):

1) Hive-mind thinking: people like Classic are "laughed off" just because of their views - which, bad or good, still deserve to be heard

2) Brutal ageism: again - people like dar, Classic, and myself are ignored or disliked because of only their age, regardless of how much they contribute.

3) Bandwagon liking/disliking: depending on the poster, one person might get 14 likes for a post that another person would have 0 likes or even dislikes on

4) Lack of a What-Ifs board: best part of this forum IMO

5) They steal our maps

1) is really the core of the issue. The pressure toward conformity is so strong that it's turned many quality posters into mindless drones.

I know, it's a real shame AAD is lacking in contributions from people like Seriously? or all the Milo fanboys here, right?

Actually the worst thing is anyone not on AAD missed out on the poem I wrote "F[inks] you Trump"

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oh, I didn't realize that you wrote poetry
I didn't realize you wrote such bloody awful poetry Mr. Shankly
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2016, 09:53:27 PM »

Actually nowhere in this thread or that long empty quote chain did you explain WHY.

(Also funny that Classic Bigot joined in since he did register on AAD but was laughed off.)

The problems with AAD, some of which are related and some of which aren't, I have found to be these (and don't say I don't understand, I'm decently active over there):

1) Hive-mind thinking: people like Classic are "laughed off" just because of their views - which, bad or good, still deserve to be heard

2) Brutal ageism: again - people like dar, Classic, and myself are ignored or disliked because of only their age, regardless of how much they contribute.

3) Bandwagon liking/disliking: depending on the poster, one person might get 14 likes for a post that another person would have 0 likes or even dislikes on

5) They steal our maps

1) is really the core of the issue. The pressure toward conformity is so strong that it's turned many quality posters into mindless drones.

I know, it's a real shame AAD is lacking in contributions from people like Seriously? or all the Milo fanboys here, right?

Actually the worst thing is anyone not on AAD missed out on the poem I wrote "F[inks] you Trump"

The preference among your favorite bands fur not rhyming lyrics has taken a real toll on your own artistic merit.

Actually it was inspired by this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARyhJdMvy4s
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2016, 12:30:01 PM »

5) They steal our maps

The preference among your favorite bands fur not rhyming lyrics has taken a real toll on your own artistic merit.

Actually it was inspired by this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARyhJdMvy4s

You're really stretching the term inspired here, partner.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies