McConnell refuses to say whether TRUMP is qualified to be president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  McConnell refuses to say whether TRUMP is qualified to be president
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McConnell refuses to say whether TRUMP is qualified to be president  (Read 1309 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:35:55 AM »

I almost feel sorry for the old turtle.
Almost.

Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:51:07 AM »

"I'll leave that to the American people to decide" is basically politician for agreeing with the charge.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »

"I don't know if this guy is up for the job. Endorsed!"
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »

At least this election is forcing Republican senators to admit that they shouldn't count as people. Tongue
dspNY
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »

McConnell is basically saying that Trump is completely unqualified but couching it in politispeak
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 12:37:03 PM »

So is the GOP learning anything from this election cycle about "listening" to the American people? Do they now have Trump to deal with because of their own agenda for years of doing their own thing, regardless of what the people want?

And please, I'm not going to buy the "it's all Obama's fault" argument on this one.

What about voting for a Supreme Court judge that the majority of citizens want them to do?

What about voting for more gun control measures that about 90% of Americans want them to do?

I'm enjoying watching all the Republicans trying to squirm and squiggle their way out of having to back Trump, the jokester non-politician who puts his foot in his mouth constantly. It's quite a show.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 01:53:27 PM »

This is no surprise.
trump has conducted himself like such a clown, that he has completely poisoned the water, and the smart Pubs will not drink.
trump is so unqualified it's not even funny.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 01:57:29 PM »

I'm enjoying watching all the Republicans trying to squirm and squiggle their way out of having to back Trump, the jokester non-politician who puts his foot in his mouth constantly. It's quite a show.

It's kind of interesting to see just how desperate they are to have full control over the federal government. All they are missing now is a Republican president, who they want to rubber stamp their conservative agenda and fill the federal judiciary with conservative judges.

They are so desperate for that that they will support a terrible unqualified bigot like Trump. That's how little McConnell cares about the long-term well-being of his country. It's all about winning for him. Always has been. He is the ultimate establishment hack.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »

It seems that Congressman Yurtle the Turtle does not have any testicular material under that shell. Sad!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 02:44:36 PM »

It's kind of interesting to see just how desperate they are to have full control over the federal government. All they are missing now is a Republican president, who they want to rubber stamp their conservative agenda and fill the federal judiciary with conservative judges.

They are so desperate for that that they will support a terrible unqualified bigot like Trump. That's how little McConnell cares about the long-term well-being of his country. It's all about winning for him. Always has been. He is the ultimate establishment hack.

The interesting thing about McConnell is that he is married to a woman who is a US citizen, but who was born in Taiwan. So how is it that he would support trump with the racism/bigotry that he spews ? And how can he go home to her every night with a clear conscious ?
What is her opinion of trump ? (It cant be good)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 02:57:44 PM »

The interesting thing about McConnell is that he is married to a woman who is a US citizen, but who was born in Taiwan. So how is it that he would support trump with the racism/bigotry that he spews ? And how can he go home to her every night with a clear conscious ?

I'm not sure he truly cares. I think what he goes home to every night is the worry of how the election will impact his majority and the long-term viability of the GOP. I'm sure he'd like Trump not to be a bigot, but at this point, I think it is pretty clear what matters most to McConnell, and many other Republican party leaders, for that matter.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 05:20:54 PM »

"I don't know if this guy is up for the job. Endorsed!"

This is the pickle a lot of the GOP have voluntarily put themselves in.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »

Elaine Chao is his second wife. He dumped his first wife and the mother of his children after going on an ego trip like many DC pols do and deciding he wanted a sexy young Harvard-educated Dragon Lady waifu.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 06:02:48 PM »

Yeah, as I mentioned in the #NeverTrump thread, McConnell said something similar a few weeks ago, saying that he'd leave it up to the American people to decide if Trump was "fit" to be president:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=230807.msg5106613#msg5106613

And he also said that Trump "doesn't know a lot about the issues":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=230807.msg5109852#msg5109852
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »

Mitch, you're a loser! But TRUMP doesn't need the support of that establishment jerk.

Well, neither was, really, support from von Pappen needed by the German Trump back in 1933. But, at least, the sight of that gentleman made your ancestors happy that everything is nice and cool.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 06:45:56 PM »

Elaine Chao is his second wife. He dumped his first wife and the mother of his children after going on an ego trip like many DC pols do and deciding he wanted a sexy young Harvard-educated Dragon Lady waifu. $$$
Elaine Chao is loaded.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 09:45:01 PM »

Conservative-leaning immigrants can easily be some of the smuggest and most extreme on this issue, for what it's worth. The whole "well, I did it legally" shtick emerges more often than you'd think...despite the fact that in many cases, their path to citizenship was either relatively simple (like marriage) or completely unique (like Cubans). The fact that she is conservative, wealthy and a politico in her own right makes me think she's not bothered by it one bit.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 09:37:12 AM »

Congrats GOP on your nominee. If you don’t want this narcissist in the White House, Hillary welcomes your support.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 06:34:12 PM »

Damn, looks like Mitch is a snapping turtle!
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »

"I'll leave that to the American people to decide" is basically politician for agreeing with the charge.

Or you can choose to actually believe in the judgement of the American electorate. It appears that if you have trouble believing that Hillary Clinton is overly qualified, that Hillary Clinton is unfairly attacked, that Hillary Clinton deserves to be President, well, if you don't believe these things, you're simply an idiot.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 10:16:45 PM »

Conservative-leaning immigrants can easily be some of the smuggest and most extreme on this issue, for what it's worth. The whole "well, I did it legally" shtick emerges more often than you'd think...despite the fact that in many cases, their path to citizenship was either relatively simple (like marriage) or completely unique (like Cubans). The fact that she is conservative, wealthy and a politico in her own right makes me think she's not bothered by it one bit.

This, however, is the theme Trump uses with his core constituencies.  They are folks that believe that they have "played by the rules" and have gotten the shaft, and Trump has helped then believe that the Clintons have been the "shaft providers". 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 01:35:36 AM »

Or you can choose to actually believe in the judgement of the American electorate.

The journalists are asking for HIS opinion, not the American people's.
If someone asks you whether incest is a good or bad thing would you respond "I'll leave that to the American people to decide"?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »

Or you can choose to actually believe in the judgement of the American electorate.

The journalists are asking for HIS opinion, not the American people's.
If someone asks you whether incest is a good or bad thing would you respond "I'll leave that to the American people to decide"?

Asking whether something is good or bad is one thing, but the answer to whether someone is qualified to be President will be answered in November, at the voting booth, because to "qualify" for holding the office, one must (1) be 35 years of age, (2) be a resident "within the United States" for 14 years, (3) be a "natural born Citizen", and (4) receive an absolute majority of electoral votes (currently 270). The first three of these are eligibility requirements, the fourth is what seals the deal. Some here would argue that Hillary Clinton is "qualified" to be President, while others would argue that she is "disqualified" (based on things like the lack of judgement she displayed while setting up her private email server). So once again, which candidate is deemed "qualified" to be President will be determined on voting day, and it really doesn't matter what you or I or Senator McConnell or anyone else thinks. Is America great or what?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies