McConnell refuses to say whether TRUMP is qualified to be president (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:13:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  McConnell refuses to say whether TRUMP is qualified to be president (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McConnell refuses to say whether TRUMP is qualified to be president  (Read 1327 times)
SillyAmerican
United States

« on: June 29, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »

"I'll leave that to the American people to decide" is basically politician for agreeing with the charge.

Or you can choose to actually believe in the judgement of the American electorate. It appears that if you have trouble believing that Hillary Clinton is overly qualified, that Hillary Clinton is unfairly attacked, that Hillary Clinton deserves to be President, well, if you don't believe these things, you're simply an idiot.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »

"I'll leave that to the American people to decide" is basically politician for agreeing with the charge.

Or you can choose to actually believe in the judgement of the American electorate.

The journalists are asking for HIS opinion, not the American people's.
If someone asks you whether incest is a good or bad thing would you respond "I'll leave that to the American people to decide"?

Asking whether something is good or bad is one thing, but the answer to whether someone is qualified to be President will be answered in November, at the voting booth, because to "qualify" for holding the office, one must (1) be 35 years of age, (2) be a resident "within the United States" for 14 years, (3) be a "natural born Citizen", and (4) receive an absolute majority of electoral votes (currently 270). The first three of these are eligibility requirements, the fourth is what seals the deal. Some here would argue that Hillary Clinton is "qualified" to be President, while others would argue that she is "disqualified" (based on things like the lack of judgement she displayed while setting up her private email server). So once again, which candidate is deemed "qualified" to be President will be determined on voting day, and it really doesn't matter what you or I or Senator McConnell or anyone else thinks. Is America great or what?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies