CA-GOV 2018-Kevin Faulconer declines to run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:04:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-GOV 2018-Kevin Faulconer declines to run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-GOV 2018-Kevin Faulconer declines to run  (Read 1847 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: June 26, 2016, 02:38:32 PM »

When does his term expire? He might be prepping for 2022, but he's a little old for that.
His term ends in 2020, SD mayors serve four year terms (his first election in 2014 was a special election). And he'll be 55 in 2022, that's not old at all.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:42:13 PM »

Honestly, I don't think even he could have won. Us Cali Republicans are in pretty bad shape, and outside of some kind of unprecedentedly ginormous Republican wave we probably won't win any statewide offices, let alone the Governorship.
That's true unfortunately.
California is to Republicans what Texas is to Democrats when it comes to winning statewide. Whitman spent millions of dollars in a strong Republican year and lost by double digits, so I can't see any Republican wanting to step up to run for Governor.
I agree, but with the top-two system, and lots of competitive House seats, Republicans can't afford to be shut out of the top statewide races, it would hurt them in downballot races, like the House.
I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for Congress in 2020.
He'd be a great candidate for CA-52.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies