Trump shifts position on Muslim ban; says only ban immigrants from certain areas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:48:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump shifts position on Muslim ban; says only ban immigrants from certain areas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump shifts position on Muslim ban; says only ban immigrants from certain areas  (Read 1855 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/25/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-terrorism/
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 01:17:04 PM »

Words can no longer describe how much I love this man. My biggest issue is resolved Purple heart

He might be a better President than anyone ever before if Obama keeps up with these mass deportations, I tell you.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:18:12 PM »

I guess he will ban immigrants from Israel.
Lots of terrorist activity there Donald!
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 01:25:35 PM »

Wasn't it always his position to only ban Muslims from areas of ISIS activity?  Or was that Ted Cruz?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »

I think it's adorably hilarious how Trump's cultists like to pretend the words coming out of his mouth have actual meaning.

It's like the stories of the Knights Templar listening to the Head of John the Baptist speaking in tongues, only it's actually happening right in front of us.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 01:52:58 PM »

I think it's adorably hilarious how Trump's cultists like to pretend the words coming out of his mouth have actual meaning.

It's like the stories of the Knights Templar listening to the Head of John the Baptist speaking in tongues, only it's actually happening right in front of us.

This x 10
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 02:05:14 PM »

"Donald J. Trump...is calling for a complete shutdown...of muslims entering this country....but only from certain areas, just to clarify...until we can figure out what the hell is going on."
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »

What about Florida?  Will he ban them from entering other states?
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »

Looks like General Election Trump is happening. He also changed his position on mass deportation of illegals.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 02:37:01 PM »

Trump has always been at war with Eastasia.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »

Wasn't it always his position to only ban Muslims from areas of ISIS activity?  Or was that Ted Cruz?
That was Ted Cruz, who IIRC, proposed including religious tests as part of the vetting process.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 02:57:20 PM »

LOL.
Very true.
Sometimes I think "their acting" is somewhat trollish.
But then again, their words might help to pump-themselves-up as they know (but wont admit to) the tremendous weakness in their candidate.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 03:34:37 PM »

Words can no longer describe how much I love this man. My biggest issue is resolved Purple heart

He might be a better President than anyone ever before if Obama keeps up with these mass deportations, I tell you.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 03:52:21 PM »

Where are all the big headlines now? I first checked German media-> nothing. American media? Just a few or nothing. Only big headlines when TRUMP says something offensive. When he corrects himself, they don't report the same way. Disgusting!

It's because the people and the media are waiting for trump to "change his story" ONCE AGAIN.
Why waste reporter's time if trump's message is going to change in 24 hours.
trump will realize tomorrow, that his NEW message is hurting him with white nationalistic voters, and he needs to once again, return and talk like a Nazi.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 03:54:54 PM »

Whatever. What's said is said, and those legendary gaffes are going to keep coming back to haunt him until November 8.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 03:55:10 PM »

He might be a better President than anyone ever
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »

Where are all the big headlines now? I first checked German media-> nothing. American media? Just a few or nothing. Only big headlines when TRUMP says something offensive. When he corrects himself, they don't report the same way. Disgusting!

It's because the people and the media are waiting for trump to "change his story" ONCE AGAIN.
trump will realize tomorrow, that his NEW message is hurting him with white nationalistic voters, and he needs to once again, return and talk like a Nazi.

What Trump has is a "highly decisive management style".  This is a management style that requires the executive to be highly decisive from the beginning.

This sounds risky, but it really isn't.  High levels of decisiveness allow an executive time to change course on an bad decision, or in reaction to new circumstances.  In politics, Trump (and folks like him) will always be attacked as flip-floppers.  That's because in politics, talking points and "gotchas" are big deals, whereas in business, the bottom line counts for more. 
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 06:44:58 PM »

Looks like General Election Trump is happening. He also changed his position on mass deportation of illegals.
It's happened before ("just a suggestion"), and he'll backpedal again just as quickly.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »

What Trump has is a "highly decisive management style".  This is a management style that requires the executive to be highly decisive from the beginning.

This sounds risky, but it really isn't.  High levels of decisiveness allow an executive time to change course on an bad decision, or in reaction to new circumstances.  In politics, Trump (and folks like him) will always be attacked as flip-floppers.  That's because in politics, talking points and "gotchas" are big deals, whereas in business, the bottom line counts for more. 

What a nice PC description of a mentally unbalanced decision-maker.
skoods
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 07:43:10 PM »

FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP

You guys did it to John Kerry and Mitt Romney. Why not this turd?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 07:50:51 PM »

Not to mention, his "new" position is only slightly less absurd than his old one.  Exactly how do you identify whether someone is a Muslim or a non-Muslim resident of a "terror-producing" state?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 08:25:25 PM »

Not to mention, his "new" position is only slightly less absurd than his old one.  Exactly how do you identify whether someone is a Muslim or a non-Muslim resident of a "terror-producing" state?

Torture, names and lie detectors! TRUMP has all the answers! /s
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 09:21:53 PM »

Plus, when exactly do we "figure out what is going on"? 2017? 2020? When Trump feels like it? Sounds just like the War in Afghanistan to me.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 05:44:10 AM »

Kerry flipped on a signature issue with a decidedly political motive.  "I was for it before I was against it."  It diminished any claim he had to being "visionary" on the Iraq debacle.

Romney was the most pathetic flip-flopper in history in that he flip-flopped not just on issues, but on his own persona.  He "played conservative" to the point of repudiating his crowning achievement in public life ("Romneycare") which was, in truth, a Republican-originated idea that he put into effect and made work.  He was forced to run (or, perhaps, he forced himself to run) as a "businessman" and a "job creator", the latter of which was a false narrative that fell apart over the course of the campaign.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 05:46:42 AM »

Kerry flipped on a signature issue with a decidedly political motive.  "I was for it before I was against it."  It diminished any claim he had to being "visionary" on the Iraq debacle.

Romney was the most pathetic flip-flopper in history in that he flip-flopped not just on issues, but on his own persona.  He "played conservative" to the point of repudiating his crowning achievement in public life ("Romneycare") which was, in truth, a Republican-originated idea that he put into effect and made work.  He was forced to run (or, perhaps, he forced himself to run) as a "businessman" and a "job creator", the latter of which was a false narrative that fell apart over the course of the campaign.
skoods was asking for differences…
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies