Political Figures You Disagree With But You Know Are Good, Well-Meaning People
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:36:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Political Figures You Disagree With But You Know Are Good, Well-Meaning People
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Political Figures You Disagree With But You Know Are Good, Well-Meaning People  (Read 1794 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 10:22:16 PM »

Paul Ryan, maybe.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 11:42:39 PM »

None; everyone I disagree with is a bad person.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 11:51:18 PM »

Lindsey Graham, John Kasich, and Mark Kirk
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 12:01:21 AM »

All of the Paul Ryans; what the hell?

I'm totally capable of having love for and respectfully disagreeing with economic conservatives, but this dude gave copies of Atlas Shrugged to his staff, which kind of by definition means that he's not the type of person you want to be buddies with, even if he isn't overtly an asshole.

I second Lindsay Graham; I would add George W. Bush, John McCain.  Which is a testament to the fact that you shouldn't vote based on whether someone is a nice guy or not, because nice guys can easily be bloodthirsty warmongers that make profoundly immoral decisions that result in the deaths of 100,000s of thousands of innocents and destabilize the middle east.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 12:19:36 AM »

Trey Gowdy.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 12:22:37 AM »

Wow, I did not expect that name to come up in this thread.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 12:30:52 AM »

^ Despite some of the witch hunts he's been tasked to lead, he's still well-regarded across the aisle.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:28 AM »

I saw Trey Gowdy on a few old episodes of Forensic Files (from back when he was a South Carolina prosecutor) and it blew my mind.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 10:47:57 PM »

I saw Trey Gowdy on a few old episodes of Forensic Files (from back when he was a South Carolina prosecutor) and it blew my mind.

Same! I used to binge watch Forensic Files all the time. I think I saw another current politician on there as well, but I forget who it was.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »

Same! I used to binge watch Forensic Files all the time. I think I saw another current politician on there as well, but I forget who it was.

You probably already know this, and if you don't, I don't mean to destabilize your life, but there's a few hundred episodes available for free on the ForensicFiles youtube page.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2016, 06:40:01 PM »

You probably already know this, and if you don't, I don't mean to destabilize your life, but there's a few hundred episodes available for free on the ForensicFiles youtube page.

Yeah, I'm aware. I still watch an episode here and there. But back in 2012-2013 I'd DVR every episode that aired. I've seen most of them now, I think.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2016, 06:45:45 PM »

Yeah, I'm aware. I still watch an episode here and there. But back in 2012-2013 I'd DVR every episode that aired. I've seen most of them now, I think.

It's kind of embarrassing how I'll be visiting my grandparents (the only other people I know other than you who watch forensic files) and I can tell them exactly who killed who after listening to 10 seconds of it.

It changes how you think.  I got a free life insurance policy for my new job and I had to pick a family member to be my beneficiary, and the first thing I thought of was how often people get killed by family in an unsuccessful attempt to claim life insurance.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »

I think Paul Ryan is more well-meaning than he was a few years ago but has an incredibly weak personality in certain ways.

Agreed with other posters on Lindsey Graham, notwithstanding how off-putting his demeanor can be.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2016, 08:02:08 PM »

It's kind of embarrassing how I'll be visiting my grandparents (the only other people I know other than you who watch forensic files) and I can tell them exactly who killed who after listening to 10 seconds of it.

It changes how you think.  I got a free life insurance policy for my new job and I had to pick a family member to be my beneficiary, and the first thing I thought of was how often people get killed by family in an unsuccessful attempt to claim life insurance.

At least we'll know how to commit the perfect crime now. Tongue

Some of the mistakes those people make are plain dumb, but some are very impressive in that something so unexpected that nobody would think of can lead to their guilt.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2016, 09:45:40 PM »

At least we'll know how to commit the perfect crime now. Tongue

Some of the mistakes those people make are plain dumb, but some are very impressive in that something so unexpected that nobody would think of can lead to their guilt.

Yeah, very true, if there was one thing I've learned from that show, it's that no one can get away with killing someone that they know due to factors within their control.  If you kill someone you know with no witnesses, you have like, a 50% chance of getting caught and it comes down entirely to luck and police competence. 

The show definitely raised my appreciation for police.  The best thing is Peter Thomas's creepy but empathetic voice.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2016, 10:15:39 PM »

Normally I would assume this is sarcasm, but considering the source...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 03:44:31 PM »

hitler nice guy ff
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2016, 08:01:44 PM »

Normally I would assume this is sarcasm, but considering the source...
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »

Jimmy Carter
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2016, 08:19:47 PM »

Obama, Carter, Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader, Mike Gravel
Pages: 1 [2]