What percentage of white people are racist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:40:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What percentage of white people are racist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
0%

1%-10%

11%-20%

21%-30%

31%-40%

41%-50%

51%-60%

61%-70%

71%-80%

81%-90%

91%-100%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: What percentage of white people are racist?  (Read 673 times)
Human
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:38:27 PM »
« edited: June 27, 2016, 07:44:05 AM by Human »

Definition of racism:

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

As we all know, a lot of white people are very racist. Of course there are non-racist Caucasian people out there (like me for example).

Donald Trump won the nomination of a major political party due to racism. Ted Cruz was just as anti-immigration as Donald Trump is, yet the GOP voters still rejected him just because he was of Cuban descent. If Cruz wasn't Cuban and had a Hispanic last name, he would've easily defeated Donald Trump in the primaries.

People are sick and tired of immigrants. A celebrity with no political experience won the nomination of a major political party solely because he was anti-immigrant.

The U.K. voted to leave the EU solely because of racism. UK voters hate immigrants so much to the point where they're willing to receive a huge economic recession just to keep immigrants out.

The anti-immigrant movements are really scary IMO. I hope whites and non-whites can set aside their differences and live in harmony. Most white people aren't racist, but we can all agree that a significant portion is.

I'm of Caucasian descent btw.

Not all racists are right-leaning though. There are plenty of racists who lean towards the left politically.

White people all over the Internet constantly complain about minorities.

With the rise of Donald Trump, I believe that this is an important question to ask.

Voted 41%-50%
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »

Donald Trump won the nomination of a major political party due to racism. Ted Cruz was just as anti-immigration as Donald Trump is, yet the GOP voters still rejected him just because he was of Cuban descent. If Cruz wasn't Cuban and had a Hispanic last name, he would've easily defeated Donald Trump in the primaries.

Lmao no.  Maybe if he were 10 times more likable he'd have won.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:48:52 PM »

Oh God !
You voted that high ?
Wow.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 10:49:54 PM »

I agree that it's probably around 50%, but there are obviously varying degrees of racism.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 10:59:03 PM »

I have faith that the number is somewhere between 31-40 rather than 41-50. This estimate is taking into account:

1) The number of voters that Trump got in the GOP primary
2) The approximate number of voters that will still vote for Trump in the 2016 general even acknowledging that his campaign has racism embedded into it
3) The faith I have in this country
4) The varying degrees of racism, some are rather soft, but others are quite explicit

My anecdotal experience does not point towards >40, but this is a question that's as hard as it is painful to speculate on and answer.

I agree that there are racists on both sides of the political spectrum. A number of Trump supporters on this forum are overall on the negative side of the political compass, and I've also met leftists who behave similarly. However, I think that, with the introduction of Trumpism into the Republican party, the GOP has become the standard bearer of all kinds of racism. Hopefully, this doesn't hold past 2016...
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 10:59:24 PM »

Seriously?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 11:03:14 PM »

I think a good issue to look at would be interracial marriage, as opposition to that pretty much fulfills the definition of racism. About 10% of country, and about 15% of white people (if guessing) would be opposed. Now if we're talking about smaller scale prejudice (different from racism) related to nationalistic tendencies a la Trump, that number is much higher.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies