Nobody wants to speak at Trump's convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:12:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Nobody wants to speak at Trump's convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Nobody wants to speak at Trump's convention  (Read 1342 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 10:11:15 PM »

I wonder if the delegates will get goodie bags full of TRUMP-branded products (steaks, neckties, water, vodka, etc).
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 10:16:21 PM »

I want Uncle Pat to reprise his 1992 Culture Wars speech. Smiley

I do, too.  It was a speech that was coherent and reasoned, and laid out the proper arguments for social issues being more than just a wedge with which to try to win elections.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 10:18:44 PM »

I wonder if the delegates will get goodie bags full of TRUMP-branded products (steaks, neckties, water, vodka, etc).
- Steaks to apply over a black eye when someone punches you in the face
- Vodka for Cruz delegates to drink their misery away
- Neckties for Cruz' Utah delegates (who can't drink) to hang themselves with
- Water to clean up the mess
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 10:18:53 PM »

I'm surprised. I thought Mia Love might try to launch her national career with a keynote speech.

Hopefully Jon Huntsman, Scott Brown, and such all get speaking slots.

A keynote at this convention is far too dangerous for any politician with future ambitions, still more the one from Utah. Besides everything else, chances are, it will be in the news together with major riot news from Cleveland. Add to this that it would imply being recorded on camera saying how wonderful Donald Trump is. I mean, if there is one way for a Republican congresswoman to lose her seat in Utah this year, it is this.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 11:29:26 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 11:35:40 PM by Seriously? »

I'm surprised. I thought Mia Love might try to launch her national career with a keynote speech.

A keynote at this convention is far too dangerous for any politician with future ambitions, still more the one from Utah. Besides everything else, chances are, it will be in the news together with major riot news from Cleveland. Add to this that it would imply being recorded on camera saying how wonderful Donald Trump is. I mean, if there is one way for a Republican congresswoman to lose her seat in Utah this year, it is this.
Do you really think that someone like Christie, or Guliani or Gingrich wouldn't gladly give the keynote, especially Gingrich, who has really become Trump's chief defender?

Rumor has it that Trump is going after Ditka and Tyson to give speeches at the convention for a little celebrity fare. Not so sure that convicted rapist Tyson is a great idea.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 11:34:17 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 11:37:23 PM by Seriously? »

Nikki Haley and Kasich should attend if they want further political office aspirations. 

Voters don't forget.
What can Kasich run for exactly? He's term limited in Ohio. He's already been in Congress. Other than POTUS, what could his next step be? And forget about POTUS, he won one (1) state in 2016 -- his own. Trump will be forgotten about if you're talking about a cabinet post in a Republican 2020 administration (assuming Trump loses this cycle). And cabinet posts aren't exactly elected.

Haley's term limited also. Graham was just re-elected to the Senate in 2014 and I don't think Scott is going anywhere. Let's be honest: the voters in conservative SC are more likely to remember what Haley did to the Confederate flag than whether she stumped for Trump or not. Stumping for Trump in SC is probably a good thing. Opposing the Confederate flag amongst Republicans there, not so much.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 01:13:47 AM »

Do you really think that someone like Christie, or Guliani or Gingrich wouldn't gladly give the keynote, especially Gingrich, who has really become Trump's chief defender?

Loudmouth has-beens defend loud-mouth soon to join their ranks.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 01:27:48 AM »

Nikki Haley and Kasich should attend if they want further political office aspirations. 

Voters don't forget.
What can Kasich run for exactly? He's term limited in Ohio. He's already been in Congress. Other than POTUS, what could his next step be? And forget about POTUS, he won one (1) state in 2016 -- his own. Trump will be forgotten about if you're talking about a cabinet post in a Republican 2020 administration (assuming Trump loses this cycle). And cabinet posts aren't exactly elected.
Is it illegal to go back?

He could run for Senate in 2018. If Tiberi runs for higher office in 2018, he could run for that old House seat. As for Presidential runs, Dole 1988 only won five states but he won in 1996. MCain 2000 only won seven and he won in 2008. If Kasich runs again in 2020, he will have a veteran campaign organization and high name recognition for a good early peformance.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 01:46:05 AM »

Voters don't forget.
Is it illegal to go back?

He could run for Senate in 2018. If Tiberi runs for higher office in 2018, he could run for that old House seat. As for Presidential runs, Dole 1988 only won five states but he won in 1996. MCain 2000 only won seven and he won in 2008. If Kasich runs again in 2020, he will have a veteran campaign organization and high name recognition for a good early peformance.

He should just do what Clinton did, let his term limit run out, go out on a high note (unlike Hillary going out on Benghazi, not that she could control that...) and spend the next year or so astroturfing, going on talk shows and doing a book tour, writing editorials to major newspapers, getting yourself invited as an expert to various things, etc. then when you run for president you'll start out with high name recognition and favorables.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 01:47:14 AM »

Rumor has it that Trump is going after Ditka and Tyson to give speeches at the convention for a little celebrity fare. Not so sure that convicted rapist Tyson is a great idea.

If Michael Jackson were still alive, I'm sure he would be invited as well.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies