Nobody wants to speak at Trump's convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:34:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Nobody wants to speak at Trump's convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nobody wants to speak at Trump's convention  (Read 1383 times)
Seriously?
United States

« on: June 27, 2016, 10:59:34 PM »

Oh noes. No Lindsey Graham? Throw in the towel. Hillary's won!

With the exception of Trey Gowdy and Mia Love, I don't think there's one person on that list I'd want to hear. The "Real World" dude Sean Duffy may be interesting, but the rest of those establishment types can stay home for all I care.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:10:20 AM »

Well who do you want to hear speak, because they've got a three-day schedule that needs to be filled.
I am sure Trump will have enough people like Chris Christie, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, Rudy Giuliani, the Trump family, etc... They can fill up the speaking time in a convention that is much and much less of a dog and pony show like conventions used to be.

How much network time are these conventions even getting this year? I am sure not much.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:29:26 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 11:35:40 PM by Seriously? »

I'm surprised. I thought Mia Love might try to launch her national career with a keynote speech.

Hopefully Jon Huntsman, Scott Brown, and such all get speaking slots.

A keynote at this convention is far too dangerous for any politician with future ambitions, still more the one from Utah. Besides everything else, chances are, it will be in the news together with major riot news from Cleveland. Add to this that it would imply being recorded on camera saying how wonderful Donald Trump is. I mean, if there is one way for a Republican congresswoman to lose her seat in Utah this year, it is this.
Do you really think that someone like Christie, or Guliani or Gingrich wouldn't gladly give the keynote, especially Gingrich, who has really become Trump's chief defender?

Rumor has it that Trump is going after Ditka and Tyson to give speeches at the convention for a little celebrity fare. Not so sure that convicted rapist Tyson is a great idea.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 11:34:17 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 11:37:23 PM by Seriously? »

Nikki Haley and Kasich should attend if they want further political office aspirations. 

Voters don't forget.
What can Kasich run for exactly? He's term limited in Ohio. He's already been in Congress. Other than POTUS, what could his next step be? And forget about POTUS, he won one (1) state in 2016 -- his own. Trump will be forgotten about if you're talking about a cabinet post in a Republican 2020 administration (assuming Trump loses this cycle). And cabinet posts aren't exactly elected.

Haley's term limited also. Graham was just re-elected to the Senate in 2014 and I don't think Scott is going anywhere. Let's be honest: the voters in conservative SC are more likely to remember what Haley did to the Confederate flag than whether she stumped for Trump or not. Stumping for Trump in SC is probably a good thing. Opposing the Confederate flag amongst Republicans there, not so much.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies