Is this the Trumpster's dumbest phrase ever?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:02:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is this the Trumpster's dumbest phrase ever?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this the Trumpster's dumbest phrase ever?  (Read 509 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2016, 03:00:44 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I mean, what is this? Is this the Trumpster's dumbest phrase? His logic is just second to none. He talks like a three-year old.

The whole story
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 03:25:52 AM »

He has used a similar form of speech before on several occasions when discussing other issues. I actually think it's intentional. There is some pretty good analysis about how Trump very carefully picks his words and structures his speech in such a way as to establish authority while selling listeners on a concept. He always ends each sentence with a "strong" word, repeats it several times, and peppers any broader amount of commentary with several instances of this.

This actually doesn't look odd at all when you consider that. He's actually being clever. He's essentially saying, "she's a racist, and the reason we know she's a racist because I said she was a racist (and since I've established authority with you prior, you will accept my circular logic as fact)". He's just a bit more blatant about it here than he usually is with this stuff. It probably worked with all the people his broader shtick affects regardless. Partisanship is the only thing keeping him from being more effective at what he does.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:43 AM »

Is this claim true?

"Warren dishonestly listed herself as Native American while working as a faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard to help her career."

If it is, then that is a pretty low act. Whether or not it is racist or not, I will leave up to the purists.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 04:30:37 AM »

Is this claim true?

"Warren dishonestly listed herself as Native American while working as a faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard to help her career."

If it is, then that is a pretty low act. Whether or not it is racist or not, I will leave up to the purists.
Yes, it was brought up often during 2012.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 04:47:08 AM »

Is this claim true?

Yes, it was brought up often during 2012.
and it's as nonsense now as it was then
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/06/28/why-donald-trump-calls-elizabeth-warren-pocahontas/
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 01:31:46 PM »

He has used a similar form of speech before on several occasions when discussing other issues. I actually think it's intentional. There is some pretty good analysis about how Trump very carefully picks his words and structures his speech in such a way as to establish authority while selling listeners on a concept. He always ends each sentence with a "strong" word, repeats it several times, and peppers any broader amount of commentary with several instances of this.

This actually doesn't look odd at all when you consider that. He's actually being clever. He's essentially saying, "she's a racist, and the reason we know she's a racist because I said she was a racist (and since I've established authority with you prior, you will accept my circular logic as fact)". He's just a bit more blatant about it here than he usually is with this stuff. It probably worked with all the people his broader shtick affects regardless. Partisanship is the only thing keeping him from being more effective at what he does.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 02:38:22 PM »

This is obviously Trump's way of talking about reverse racism and political correctness. Among his base, reverse racism is seen as a big deal.

Newsweek today talked about a new poll...
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.newsweek.com/new-data-why-white-working-class-voters-back-trump-475447
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies